Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
feedback
450 Posts
hi , I am a belgium girl and we have booked Iberostar sunny beach hotel.
We do not find any photo's because the hotel is very new and we do not know anything from the hotel.
Thomas cook doesn't tell us anyrthing.
I hope someone can help me
You can add me on messenger : thanx

*Edit email removed for members protection - Glynis*
Belguim girl, welcome! When are you going to the Iberostar? If you have a look back to previous replies you will find a link with some photos. Dont worry, I am a big fan of the Iberostar chain and am sure this one wont let us down.
Hello!

Just arrived home after two weeks at the Iberostar Sunny Beach Hotel - and absolutely loved it! When we arrived, 13th June, half of the hotel was finished with guests and everyday more people arrived and now the whole hotel is full.

In the past two weeks the pool-bar has been finished, along with the indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna and solarium, the only parts still to be finished is the Animation Hall (lounge/bar) and some outside work (planting trees and grass).

The hotel itself is in a prime location, less than a minutes walk to the front of Sunny Beach (where the beach is, and shops/bars/restaurants), all the hotels are very open especially those along the front opposite the beach but Iberostar is not too bad. The hotel is huge with two sides of rooms, pools and restaurants, inside and outside is all very clean and well looked after. Rooms are a really good size for two people, with balcony, minibar, television and a nice ensuite - although our shower leaked everyday! The food in the restaurants is of a really high standard, they have a huge range of foods to suit everyone and is even nicer than food outside of the resort.

The Entertainment Team were excellant and really nice people, all of them who work with the children are really good aswell and the kids seem to love them! They do games throughout the day and then a show 9-10pm, if they perform Grease while your there its definately worth watching - they're very good!

Sunny Beach is full of other hotels, restaurants (to suit all tastes), bars (to suit all drinkers) and shops (to suit everyone who enjoys buying fake designer gear!) Everything is really cheap, especially alcohol and everywhere buy-one-get-one-free - almost all day! Cocktails are between 5-8 levs in happy hour so a couple of £'s for two, and local beer is about £1 for a pint.

The weather was pretty good while we were there, was really hot, some evenings it rained and there was thunder and lightening but it soon clears up!

Only one complaint, is that there are not enough sun-beds for all guests at the hotel - they need to put more out or - as we did - put your towels out on the way down to breakfast - works a treat!

Have got pictures of the hotel, so will upload them soon!!

Anyone whose going out soon...have a good holiday theres no need to worry or be moved, Iberostar looked the best hotel out there by far!!!

Happy Holidays xxx
Pink Tango, that is great news, thanks for posting your review and so glad you had a superb holiday. Look forward to seeing your pics when they are ready :D
Pink Tango
I agree with SallyMac
Thanks for a great review of the hotel and surroundings. Thanks for taking the time to put to rest all the worrying that people have had to go through. This should now make a lot of peoople very happy. I know me and my family are :D

Can you tell me if there is a market around and what days is it on.
my workmate has just got back from sunny beach today and told me exactly what pink tango has said, he stayed in another hotel right next to the iberostar he said there were 2 big whirlpool jaccuzis, 2 big main pools, 2 kids pools, and an indoor pool ( all functional ) he said it was by far the best hotel hes seen in sunny beach with loads of entertainment and in a prime location ( hes booking it for next year ). He did say he was ripped off at one bar, he had to pay almost 90p for 2 beers :lol: cant be bad eh!!..........heres to a fantastic holiday! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D Wooppeeee, only 10 weeks and 6 days to go!!! Cheers Andrew! :D
Counting each day as grews nearer. Only 3 weeks Friday. and with the sorts of reviews coming in now, I am so glad we did not change hotels.
Any body going in July. Maybe we can meet for a drink if we can afford it !!!!!! :idea:
going the 7th august , cant wait , im looking SO farward to it, anybody else going arround that time ?
im marriving there on the 8yh august, im looking forward to it after seeing the last few write ups
could anyone please tell me if mosquitos are in sunny beach,we
are due to fly out on 10th july.
Thanks for updates on hotel it makes me feel alot better about not moving hotels,kind of you to take time to ease our minds!!
hope the weather is hot anyone got any idea how hot it is at the moment?
thanks ali :) :)
hi . yes now the evenings are getting warmer. you will need to puchase some repellant. buy it in the uk as it seems a better quality
Our reviews page for this complex can be found here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/iberostar-sunny-beach-resort-hotel/(Iberostar)/

For discussion about mozzie repellants, etc please check out our General Holiday Enquiries forum.

David :wave
iberostar has now posted a few pictures of the hotel on their site http://www.iberostar.com/
Pink Tango

Thank you so much, you have no idea what a relief it is to see your post! I've been watching this page for the last month and worrying myself stupid over this hotel!!!

We are leaving staying there from 18th July for 2 weeks, as there are 10 of us going (6adults, 4kids) I was dreading it not being finished, I could just imagine the 4 children climbing around a building site! :shock:

If anyone else is going to be at the Iberostar between 18th July and 2nd August we should arrange to meet up for a drink. :?:

Take care all

Louise x
Hi Louise

I have been feeling exactly the same way about the hotel, but i think our worries are over. Heres to a great holiday :wink:

I have 2 children ages 4.5 and 6.5 so it would have been hard work had there still been problems with the Iberostar.
We are arriving on the 22nd July for 10 days, more than happy to meet for a drink. How old are your kids, maybe they can make friends :!:

Tina
me, misses and 7 year old going on the 8th august. 13th,. neighbours and other couples are arriving with children too. would be nice to mee people from here over there for a few drinks
Hi Tina

The kids are 5, 6, 8 & 11 not all mine by the way! (I'm not that stupid!) Would be great for the kids to play, if the kids are happy then we have a good holiday I always find!

Nearer the time we'll email each other to arrange a 'meet up', you wont be able to miss my husband, he looks like Phil Mitchell from Eatsenders! :lol:

Talk to you again soon, take care.

Louise x
That would be great Louise.
Speak soon :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.