Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The rooms are a decent size. I didn't have any problems with the mini bar in my room but they did try and charge my friend for a drink that they said she had taken, but we knew it was there cos we had double checked the day before. We got the maid to unlock the mini bar again while we were there and lo and behold there it was!

There are no tea or coffee facilities in the rooms. There isn't an iron either but if you take a travel iron they have a designated area on each floor complete with ironing boards for you to do your ironing. I cant say I ever saw anyone doing any ironing tho!

A hairdryer is provided in the bath room. Our bathroom had a bath with a shower over it. I think all the bathrooms were the same but not 100% sure. There is also piped music in the bathroom which was rather nice!
Thanks all for good feedback. Was the food good? Some hotels have cold pools is this one warm and nice? Stuart
The indoor pool is warm but the outdoor pools are very cold!

The food is excellant, buffet style with plenty of choice both at breakfast and dinner.
what sort of equipment is in the gym cardio? weights? punchbag? i know its holiday dont know if i can do without my fix though!!
It is a wonder why the pools are cold in Bulgaria when they must know we would prefer relatively warm pools.

I guess withe warm pool inside that means one can exercise at least but icy cold is just daft. Pleased the food is good. Not being funny, do you think they would mind bringing in a masseur \ eusse. I have back problems either into by the pool or a side room.
Hi, I am going on 19th September and am keen to know the good and the bad of this hotel. It looks like it will be very nice and relaxing and clean and a great place to stay but it is always good to get feedback from people who have actually been there. Thanks
Have you had a look at the reviews we have here?
hello all from sunny, sunny beach. after all the worrying about the place, there was nothing to worry about. hotel is really excellent and the food, well, i dont think any of you guys will be sorry for picking this place. everything is so damn cheap. pint of larger 2.50 lev. (a quid).
weather has been good and food is excellent. we brought over 1900 lev and we are taking at least half home. only one thing with the hotel, the drinks in the hotel are expensive, in the shops, a small bottle of coke is 1.50 lev and in the hotel it is 4 lev. beer is 4 lev a half pint glass.
my advise would be to drink outside the hotel complex. food is dirt cheap too. lots to chose from. the beach is about a 3 min walk, just across a road and over a wooden walkway. sea is clean, sand is reasonably clean. loungers on the beach are 6 lev each, plus, if you want a parrasol. thats 6 lev too. there is a pool table, massage, indoor pool. outdoor pools are cold, and i mean cold when you get in, but is ok after a min or so. rooms are great, cleaned well, breakfast is good, lots to chose from. its a nice little area for a couple and families, jet bikes on the sea, parasending, bungie jumps. we are having a great time, going to the aqua park tomorrow, free bus there and back. cant be bad. well, times running out in the internet cafe. trust me, there is nothing to worry about. we are booking to come back next year. oh. just one thing, next door to the hotel, they are building another hotel. i can safely say that no construction is going on there, just a handfull of workers working with hand tools, so you can hardly hear them. all who are comming soon, be happy, its really good here. i will add some photos when i get back to the uk.
it doesnt matter what room your in, the views from the rooms are either toward the pool, but the others are overlooking the roads, great for people watching.
Great to hear you are having a good time. Thanks for taking the time to post. I am sure others will have questions for you!
2 days to go! Cant wait.
Hi Aps, thanks for that update, really glad you are having a great holiday. 3 weeks and we will be there too :D
only thing you need to do, is take an alarm clock. the reason for this is, the hotel has a policy to not reserve a sun lounger, but, people do, and the only way to guarantee a prime space is to wake up at 6-6.30 and reserve one. apart from that, hotel is excellent, food is really good. check out time is 12 noon, but if your room is available, it is worth extending it, we did and only costs 50 lev, thats £20, save lots of hassle. and for the smokers amongst us, there is a small duty free at the airport for the return journy. 200 ciggs cost about between £6.oo and £10. no rolling tobacco there. if you need to know any more, i will be happy to answer any questions as best as i can. i will sort out some hotel photos today, e-mail me if you want to see some. happy holidays folks, its great there. no need to worry about the hotel.
Andy,
Thanks for a peep at you photos.......its just seven days for us now and we cant wait, get the weekend over, boys back to school (just for a few days)and then 13 months of waiting will be here before we know it.

Sharon :yipee
i would be interested to hear what some of the people that have now stayed at this hotel thought, i have friends visiting there next month and have asked if i can look up any reviews for them
Viv k, we fly out on the 12th so will let you know all about it when we get back on the 19th. From what I have seen and heard, they will have nothing to worry about. I have stayed in an Iberostar hotel before and you cant fault them. :lol:
thank you Sallymac, that would be much appreciated
viv. nothing to worry about. staff are really helpfull. hotel is great. food superb too
Viv and any one else who is going on their travels :fly

I have been and stayed the the Iberostar back in July.
I promise you that you will have nothing to worry about. The hotel and staff were fantastic. The food was brill, the pools and entertainment were great. lots to do within the hotel and plenty more to do outside of the hotel. The beach has been the best beach I have been to for a very long time, Just like walking into a warm bath.
Some folks have said that the pools were icy cold, but I have to say I didn't feel that and neither did my 2 small children.
The rooms are a very good size, so no probs there.
It is very hard to spend your money, so plenty left for lots and lots of happy hours :lol: .
If you do need to change money up, then go to the cubicals with the word CROWN above them. These are genuin places to change money, so you won't be conned. Also the exchange rate is much better out there.

If you need any more info let me know

Tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.