Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Javea
51 Posts
I was looking at a post for Nerja and someone had linked to a website called virtual tourist, I checked out Javea.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Comunidad_Valenciana/Javea-2271907/TravelGuide-Javea.html
:) Hi Laurie,

follow the main roads (Cta Cabo de la Nao) direction "Cabo La Nao" stright on at Barcleys Bank , then the road turn left (Ctra Portixol).
Soon after that you will find the Hotel Rodat on the right and Saladar supermarket on the left.
Turn right in the Carretera de la Guardia and follow this road a long time until the top of the , then turn left in the Carretera de la Granadella.
This road leads to Granadella .

You find good maps at http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/
Molineros - Many thanks for your directions and web link.
Apologies to McBabe - only just looked at the map you posted. Excellent. With map, web link and written directions, no excuse for not finding the place now.
Just got back from 2 week in Javea and wish I was still there

The weather was great apart from Saturday 17th when we had a thunderstorm and it rained half the day and night.

We spent half our evenings in the Port area and the rest in Arenal.

There are quite a few places in the port where they have set tables out along the beach. it was lovely to sit and have a drink, reminded me of shirley Valentine.
El Clavo in the port does great Tapas, looks like a cafe but the food was good.

Pizzeria Pepa on Arenal was our favourite, be warned, the starters are massive, if there are two of you, you may want to share one.
There was a Spanish wedding party in one night while we were there and it was really nice to be involved, everyone was clapping and cheering.
a waiter told us they had got married the day before and had already had the reception for family, this one was for friends. quite a nice idea.

found a lovely bar (towards the end of our second week) at the Mirador end of Arenal just up some steps, called Tracadero, the owner was very friendly and the terrace had a lovely view of the bay, Montgo and the port.

Nice place for lunch on Arnenal is Champagnes.

Last year we went in August and it was too hot for me, also everywhere was packed, this time it was great. :D
Hi everyone.

My wife and I live in Javea, so if you have any specific questions about
this wonderful holiday destination, we will try our best to answer them.

Cheers,

Mike.

8)
p.s. the weather is still warm and sunny.
I have just had a look at your villa and it looks lovely. :D
We stayed in a villa not far from you, right at the top of Cap Marti, just after the bad bend at the top of the hill.
my brother lives in an apartment complex just behind Negros on the seafront.
hi my daughter and husband and 3 children are thinking of going in a villa in javea does anyone know what it is like there and are there places to go with children any info would be appreciated also are there places to visit is it a seaside town or residential been looking on ht but cant find anything they thinking of going around april/may many thanks :?:
:) Javea is a seaside town with residential areas around and about 30.000 inhabitants .
It depends very much where you stay in Javea.
With children you shouldn't stay too far from the Arenal beach , where you find a nice promenade with bars and restaurants and playing grounds for your children.
All kind of sports (diving, sailing, golf, sailing, karting, hiking.) are possible in Javea.
To visit waterparks etc. you have to drive to Benidorm about 40 kms from Javea.
You should rent a car if you spend your holiday there.
You find some useful information and links there
http://www.villa-javea.com/indexe.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.