Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Jellyfish
5 Posts
Thank you David, for that tip, hopefully won't need to use it, but tis better to be safe than sorry, and know what to do :)
Roo
Hi Roo.

When and where are you off to?

David
Hia again :) we're off to the Marhaba Club, first time in Tunisia, 19th August, it is coming round to quickly now 8) trying to learn some basic words, but not learning very well, hahaha, also trying to get my head round the diner, (but a big Thanks to aslemma, who put a link on with how to work out the diner :) ) can sorta work out, changing from the pound, to the diner, but doing it from the diner to the pound, ermmmmmmmmm is a different story :oops: was also thinking, when do I tip, eg the cleaner, pool attendant, staff, do you normally tip at the begining or the end of the holiday ? (I am sure I have asked that b4, but my memory is getting awful hehehe)

Roo
Hi there again Roo

If you try http://www.oanda.com there should be a bit where you can print off a currency converter.I made up my own with Dinar - Pound on one side and Euro - Pound (Duty Free's in Tunisia don't accept Dinars) on the other, then laminated it so that it fits in my wallet.If you want to P.M. me I can send you one thru' the post if you have any probs.
You aren't really supposed to but you can buy your Dinars in the UK before you travel.We ordered ours thru' Thomas Cook.Also you aren't supposed to take them back out of the country but as we are going back in November, when we were asked if we had any we just told the man that my daughter had 3 Dinars in change and he just shrugged his shoulders and waved us on!
With regards to tipping, I always think that this is a personal thing but with me, we always tipped our waiter about 3 Dinars ((about £1.15) every couple of days and then gave him 15 Dinars when we were leaving but this all depends on the level of service you receive.I was waiting 'til the end of my holiday to tip my cleaner but she broke my alarm clock and tried to disguise it so I didn't bother!
I hope you have a great time and the weather is good.I can't wait to go back in the winter as it will also be my honeymoon.
Take care and all the best.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.