Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
welcome back Clara !

did you have a nice time!
i am off to turkey i think in Oct......cant afford it till then! do you know what it is like in oct?? temp ect....

and have you or know anyone who as ever stayed in the emre beach hotel :?:

many thanks hun
Faye :D
Thank's faye-bo,

We did have a brilliant time, prices were very good, money went really far, we went to the Malibu Beach Cocktail bar for a meal one night just sitting on the beach beside where you can book the water sports near Gima/ and the Anemon Hotel, and there was a brilliant show on there, I thought the drag artist doing Freddy Mercury and Tina Turner etc., was fantastic, the waiters were very active never stopped moving about and were very sweet especially Kemal, a wee dote, the sound system was pretty good also and I loved their other choices of music, also sounded really good from Rock and Roll to Red Hot Chilli Peppers, blew you away!

We also partook in the Night Safari, a whale of a time, thought the ride on the jeep a bit rough at times, but the beach party nade up for it, once again made good friends there and we all had a ball dancing around the fire, and enjoyed the meal under the stars, they could'nt do enough for us, and a relatively cheap night food and drink included, plus a boat trip, my daughter was told by the fortune teller there that I was going to die and when she insisted I was healthy he said I would get very sick,was'nt too far wrong when I took a bad ashtma attack at Dalaman, must start attending mass again, not to save my soul but it does make you realize you're not infallible!

We also went to the Rainbow fun pub in Armutalan for our dinner and enjoyed renewing our aquaintances Vicky, Mehmet and ever increasing family, and they should be proud of their fun pub/restaurant, packed to the gills (most places were'nt apart from Malibu bar), their prices cheaper than most and the entertainment was non-stop, we never stopped laughing at Hasan's antics and dancing, and the break-dancers were as fascinating as usual! They deserve to do well, a really lovely place!

We stayed at Hotel Irmak in Marmaris, and our waiter Halit kept us constantly entertained the whole time we were there, he is really sweet and never let us pass without talking to us never mind look after us all the time, he got my daughter's e-mail addess so he's sent us a few messages already asking how we are since we've come home on Tuesday night. The rest of the guys were awful nice too Meli and Mehmet, Ramisan and the two young waiters Hassan and Halit (no 2) were all so good to us and we enjoyed watching them playing snooker with our new friends from Birmingham, Gail and her husband, (Turkish), Donnna Gails son Lee and his girlfriend Ruth, they were hilarious fun and I hope they message us, or ring, because we really enjoyed their company, and all of the staff at the Hotel Irmak could'nt have been nicer to us or made us feel more at home, we got so comfortable there we did'nt want to leave the Hotel at all, their meals were perfect so tasty.

All in all a most enjoyable holiday, and they don't hastle anymore anywhere, someone said they get shut down for 3 day's if they do. Bye Claire.
:D Brilliant report

Glad you had a great time sorry to hear about your Ashtma attack it must off been terrifing :cry:

I did not know they done a night safari?

Maybe next year we will try it

Take Care Marionx Family
we are hopefully going in sept, can you tell us if there are any good trips to go on, what the weather will be like! and the best places to eat and where to go for entertainment at night
sorry for so many questions, but it helps when someone has already been
thanks
wow thanks for the great write up!

oh i am sorry to here about your asthma attack.......it does make you stop & think :shock: when you have your fortune read!! i must admitt i am quiet in to all that palm reading & tarot myself

again thank you for your review it is graet and has really helped

cheers faye :D
Hi Clara ,
Glad you had a good time , going 3 weeks on monday is there any chance you could do a full list of prices for such things as trips, clothes , food, drinks and anything else you can remember .I would be very gratefull as i have to watch my pennies .
MANY MANY THANKS ALAN.
:roll:

thats a big ask!!

prices vary so much from resort to resort, bar to bar

just chill and relax in the knowledge that it won't be as expensive as here !!
Good to hear you had such a good time.
Glad to hear you enjoyed Claire. Did see that Malibu bar in May and looked nice - but never made it down there in the evening (always in the rainbow with Vicki & Mehmet) - Will make sure i do in August

Evening safari sounds fun too - Did you just book that off the street vendor??

LA
clara,

Great report, perhaps it's just me but I seem to think we have had a few goods ones recently. IMHO it really helps people who are thinking of going to Turkey for the first time. They read a very positive report and think it's the place to go.

Wilson :wink:
Thank you guy's, for all your kind thoughts, um., let me see!!!!!!!

Well the booking office on the sea front is where we booked our trips., if you remember I said the Malibu beach cocktail bar was on the left when you go down towards the beach past the Anemon Hotel, well the booking office is a short distance down on the right, and the fortune teller dressed in a black robe and hood, and with a painted face and snake rings was performing at the beach party at the night safari, which along with a Turkish wedding/night (drink's food included), and a lazy day boat trip (food and drink included) cost 200 Lira, he knocked off 40 Lira., was 40 more at first. We got a boat trip thrown into the night safari as well, not too long just perfect.

Clothes wise, we got 5 pairs of sandles for a tenner (30 lira), in one of the Marmaris street shops, and we got some tee-shirts in the market on last Thursday, 5 for a tenner and more in the same shop I bought the sandles, I paid 50 Lira for 3 good tracksuits in the market which the trader was looking 90 Lira for but he insisted I take the others also for just 50 lira for the lot, when I told him I only wanted one, I paid 55 Lira for a playboy tracksuit, and 20 Lira for a playboy skirt off a street shop, as my daughter really wanted them, don't know if I was done but she does'nt like the bottoms of the playboy tracksuit, and just wears the jacket sometimes. She loves the other tracksuits and they are lovely on her. The fortune teller also told her she'd too many clothes, and she should smile more and she dissagreed with the former but I notices smiles a lot more now (just shy).

In our hotel we paid 3 Lira for a small coke 4 for a small bottle of Efes., 1 Lira for a bottle of water, although they had a bogof from 6-8 every night on draught beer, which I noticed was 60 pence in some places, local drinks etc., never availed of it can usually not drink too much on holidays, as I love salads and live on them, (never know to look at me), and there's a lot of dispute whether chef's in Marmaris wash their salad's with running water or bottled but I spend a lot of my holiday drinking water with my meal's because of tummy pain's when I eat salad's, a well they're still second to none!!!!!!!!!!I had intended to eat salads in my self-catering and none while eating out, but although when we booked they had only B and B, (Lowcostbeds.com), they insisted there would still be self catering facilities, there as well, happened with another family there as well. Who upon finding out asked to be moved to a self catering one, I spoke to a family at the Atlantis water park, who told me they and another family in the hotel they were staying booked self catering and they were put in B and B, and they had brought a lot of perrishable good's with them which her husband chucked out in annoyance, but the other couple gave their perrishable goods to the hotel, since they could'nt use them. (I had to rent a fridge, 30 Lira I think)

The taxi's were cheap, yellow ones, it appeared to be 6.50 Lira to everywhere, Marmaris market, Armutalan, yes I walked everywhere else, not that lazy, the water taxi to Icmeler was also 6.50 Lira.

As I said we had a great time, and everyone was so sweet with no hassling! (Sp.,!)
Bye from Claire!!!!!!!1
Sorry I stand corrected by my daughter,one of the young waiter's names in the Hotel Irmak was Yasin, not Hassin, sorry got some lovely pictures of him with my daughter, awwwwwwwww, she's only 12 and he 15, so sweet loking together, think I'll frame one if I'm allowed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.