Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
if anyone is interesting when I got cancelled and changed to Titanic in Turkey it was alomst £400 more and FC paid the difference then. I did NOT have to pay any extra at all.
If I had bumped back a week to 26th it would have been £900 more than I paid and FC would fund £650 of that.
I am more than happy to be quoted on that (PM me if you want details of dates of conversations etc).
And regarding my vast £10 each compensation for cancellation - I am still waiting, having been cancelled on 31 March!
dont know about compo until 2mow. let u know, not rebooked for kabc can only go certain dates, and am not happy with they way we have all been treat so stuff them!!!
hi all,!
just got off the phone from fc, they have offered me pegasus palace but I don't know what we're going to do yet. I asked about the money, what would happen if it was dearer/cheaper and was told that they would meet the costs.
So a night on the internet for me looking for a holiday. It makes me sooooo mad :evil: They couldn't even guarantee it being open for July when I asked about perhaps going then.
Titanic Hotel has still got some vacancies from 11 June (Bristol) , and 18 June (Bristol and Manchester) June, 25 June (Bristol, Manchester and Birmingham) 30 June (Gatwick) if that helps anyone...
I did 2 adults and 2 kids on my search. Quite a few rooms left on those dates. Its AI, kids club, on the beach - but best of all it is OPEN! And I'll even do you a review when I get back...

I feel sick for you lot when I read this at work. You guys are my friends and have been let down.
hi has anyone got the accom code for pegasus palace please ?
tracy, the code for pp is 10122
so sorry to all those who have had there hols cancelled today we dont go till 5 July spoke to FCtoday really nice guy said he wouldnt like to say if it would be open by then really dont know wat to do 15 of us going .We have booked through co-op they knew nothing about it till we told them and they rang FC if we cancel now or change they say we will lose some of our money and have to pay more thats doesnt make sence anyone know wat they mean :?: :cry:
:( what the hell happened just got home cant believe it
I went by the hotel to see how it has progressed today, and I saw a local security firm there that can also be hired as body guards. (I know how many important people come to KOs and need a body guard). There were there for one reason, to make sure no one takes any more pictures.Apparently, they do not think you have a right to know, and make a judgement for yourself as to whether or not the hotel will be ready on time. They want to keep feeding you their lies. Nothing that they have said is true. Bad weather was the cause for the delays? We had a very mild winter this year, if anything the weather was cooperative. How about the reason for not opening is their belief they could build a hotel in six months time.

I do not know if the slides are finished, but if they are they do not look anything like the artists impressions. Maybe that is another reason why they do not want any more pictures.

I keep comming to this forum to see when FC will get there act together and postpone the opening. They still have alot of work to do. I am not privy to know inside information, therefore, I am not an expert as to when it will open. But I do know that after the pool deck is installed there are still bars and restarants that have to be built around the pool. And they have not even begun those. Then there is that building in front of the hotel (Where the trucks are standing in the first photos that I took) and that looks like a long way to go.

Tomorrow the bbc should have a better idea as to whether the hotel will open on time or not. Follow the moderators advice and do download the document that tell you of your rights. Do not phone up FC abd ask them if it going to be ready. Until there is an official anouncement they are not going to admit it. But do tell them if it not ready what are they prepared to give you, and tell them if it is not solved to your satisfaction, you will think twice about giving you business to them again. And that should go for the hotel chain as well. And do not make it an idle threat. Because giving FC and The ABC chain your business again you are rewarding them for their lies.

Be patient and wait for the bbc report tomorrow. I am just blowing off some steam for the way tour operators manipulate the local economy here, so take that with a grain of salt as well.
its just plain disgusting......................

i feel so sorry for you who have been cancelled.........................we go 19 july, and wish i could change but they have told us we would have to pay for any changes and upgrades.....................UNLESS THEY CANCEL US!!!!!!!!!!!

how long should we have to wait! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

can anyone tell me how the bbc would have access to the kabc...........would they not need permission to look around??????????
When I started to write this message, that was a couple of hours ago and I was interupted with important work. I have not read all of the post, It looks like they have finally confirmed it. But do ask, rather demand, them for a satisfactory alternative for another vacation.
thanks jo123 from the report sp55 has posted it doesnot look good for any 2006?????????
:( Thanks for all your help sp55 we rally appreciate it you were the one truth in a whole sorry saga
thanks sp55 not even looking good for july :shrug
to all those changing to hols in turkey our doctors reccomend jabs
Hi All

Some of my post was removed as it mentioned names of directors.

Please find a link to the .pdf I got this information from. It is accessible from the First Choice Website so no need to remove the link.

As you would expect, the directors are happy to talk about how much money they are making but not about how unhappy they are making their customers.

It is a waste of time trying to get through to customer services to complain as they are not going to do anything about it.

Each one of us who are let down, please write details of the person you are talking to, the date and time and refer back to comments made by customer services such as "Oh, the hotel is all ready now, we are just getting the entertainment up together and the training our staff!" Put all of this information together and complain to ABTA.

Here is the link to the directors names and telephone numbers. I would assume these numbers go to a PA rather than them direct.
http://ww7.investorrelations.co.uk/firstchoice/press/TradingUpdate.pdf

I hate to be so negative but I think we should all now assume the Kos will not open this year and be ready for the dissapointment rather than giving ourselves heartattacks with the emotion.
Have any of you Pm'd me ?

I just got an email notification of a PM but when I went into it there was nothing there :?

I know its off topic but I just don't want to appear rude.
Alex. If you've ticked to say notify you of reply's you will get an email when a normal posting is put on. Not sure if that's it.
Hi all, it's great to have a UK-forum on this topic, since nobody in Holland has been notified yet. Everybody is now awaiting the BBC tomorrow evening, has been said on the dutch forum.

For me it is cristal clear that June 15th is gone......

So I searched whole evening for another place to be. I have sent an email to Gobest that I wish to change my plans. I hope they will contact me tomorrow morning. I am getting really nervous now. My hubby keeps telling me that we have to go to Italy to a mobile home---> NO OPTION!!
I just wished to be in a resort since we have been in mobile homes for the last two holidays. I just wish a nice luxory holiday now.

Good luck to all of you!
Petra
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.