Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Jeff Cook, whats this Crisis Line you speak of?
absolutely gutted is all i can say :(
i don't think my son is going to talk to me for a while - thinks it's all my fault! oh well - thanks fc
I have been told FC are setting one up, possibly to give out all the good news.....NOT, for all the people who have been dumped on...will post if I get it
i was told they were setting up a helpline tomorrow also
lisa that looks nice, good kids rooms included in all inclusive, its on my short list of possibles.
Did they set up a helpline when the first round of cancellations happened?
Lisa, I do not have the number as yet hopefully a friend will pass this on.....please friend pm with the number.

Thanks
Am shocked by the news today... we are going on 9th Aug and am wondering whether we should try to change it for something else now.

I'm worried that they may not let us change if everyone starts trying to jump ship after the programme tomorrow night - there must still be an awful lot of people out there who have no idea about all this at the moment.

What does anyone else think we should do?
I haven't even had a call yet. How can i change my booking? I won't be able to call them until 12am.
What an absolute nightmare. We are going away with CK00 and both our husbands are in France touring on their motorbikes, whilst we are going through this. We have both been on the internet & phone constantly tonight trying to find something suitable for all our girls 11,11,6&4 and it's not been easy. Anyway good luck to all who have been cancelled in finding another suitable holiday. :)
kos
lisa when are you going??? the helpline will be available tomorrow
HELP. My short list of alternative holidays keeps getting longer...............
was told they were setting up a helpline tomorrow also

Helpline....First Choice......Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
They may be setting up a help line but what are the chances of us actually getting through to speak to someone!!!!! :bhead
firebird when you took the pictures of kos aqua beach did you happen to see any waterpark or slides there at all.
Well I think we were all perplexed how many messages had been posted this afternoon until we read why!

Thanks for posting the 0870 number Michelle. I couldn't get past the 6 minute wait followed by being cut off on the customer service line, so I tried this number and only waited 10 minutes. The lady then put me straight through to customer services! It was interesting to note that she didn't know I'd been cancelled on 27th May however and still said it was opening on 24th May. I told her it wasn't and that other people were being cancelled. She said "oh, is this on the forum"?!

Customer Services confirmed that KABC would not be open until at least July 1st. I was asked by customer services to have a look at where I'd like to go and phone them tomorrow to rebook. I told her politely that I knew where I wanted to go and it wasn't with FC and that I would like a full refund. This she gave me, with compensation of £30 per adult and £16 per child. She said it may take 14 days to be processed, and again I politely told her that I expected it to be much quicker than that as it didn't take 14 days for them to take the payment for my holiday.

Anyway, 3 hours later, I had my flights, car hire and villa in Florida booked. 2 weeks ago, we could have got flights on 27th but now they're all sold so having to go 28th. Hubby Can't get any more time off work, so we land at 05:50 and he has to go to work that day. Oh, and the kids will have to go to school too!!

I am waiting for everything to come through and then I will be writing letters of complaint. Thanks to the people who've posted about ABTA on here - it's now really useful information that a lot of people, myself included, will be using. I will also be taping the programme tomorrow night to use as evidence as from what SP55 has said, it is absolutley obvious to even the untrained eye (let alone a building inspector!) that the resort would not be ready in the timescales stated, and therefore FC should have cancelled more holidays much earlier.

I don't know about anybody else who's being cancelled, but I'm just relieved now that it's all over.

And my final comment has to go to SP55 - MANY THANKS for the reports and photos that you've given us all. It may not seem like it sometimes due to the tension, but it has been greatly appreciated. I hope one day to visit Kos, because if the local people are anywhere near as kind as you, it will be a brilliant place to visit.
the truble with fc is that they are obviously not totally commited to there customers like they should be, they look at all these beach clubs and how many rooms that they have and suddenly they forget the customers and start seeing pound signs in there eyes and are blinded to all there customers who they have a responsabilty to, to provide them with decent holidays,
to all the directors of this company i say BEACH CLUBS, A VERY BAD BOARD ROOM DECISION, DONT EVER LISTEN TO THE MAN WHO SUGGESTED SENDING PEOPLE TO THESE HALF BUILT PLACES EVER AGAIN,YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO THINK ABOUT NOT YOUR SUPPLIERS...
  • Edited by gezhead 2006-05-10 21:28:01
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.