Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I feel bad for all of you who have had your holidays cancelled, especially those who are leaving in mid to late June since finding a suitable holiday replacement will not be easy.

I always thought that the opening date of 24th of May was a bit hopefull, and expressed this view in private to many people on this forum. When I keep reading all of this enthusiasm on the forum, I was reluctant to state it publicly for I could not be 100% sure, and I would have felt bad if I caused people to worry unnecesarily, and dampen this enthusiasm. This is a company after all that built quite a bit at a very fast pace, so I thought anything was possible.

Then I started to ask around, how long does it take to build a swimming pool, about two months, maybe three depending on what you want to build. They explained to me that there is a lot of plumbing and electrical work that goes along with a swimming pool, and that takes time. Then I heard from somebody, who knew a carpentor, who is working on the site. This worker was making fun of the boss who was saying the site would be open in late May, when it was his opinion it would take until late July! When I saw that yesterday, that work was not progressing at a fast rate I started to post a reply, was interupted for a couple of hours, and when I finished word was out of the cancellation.

Motive or not (I do not like to make accusations that I cannot prove) FC has made money by delaying this decision. How many people booked KABC in July thinking that was a safe decision. If they knew opening date would have been July 1st would they have made that decision? How many people payed a penalty to change their holidays for fear it would not be ready on time? How many people are going to book their holiday with FC, because that is their only suitable option being this late?

I am upset at the deceits and injustice of FC, so I can only imagine the outrage you must be feeling. To be telling their customers just a few days ago that everything is on schedule, and to be off by five weeks, they knew they were lying.
If anybody is offered alternative hotels to Kos and would like info on the area and what to expect can pm me. Be careful of hotels that are primerely German, since their animation programs will be in German. There are also a lot of AI hotels here in Kos with a very bad reputation for food and drink quality.
sp55, and net detective thanks for your input.....................we are due to go july and i suppose if we get cancelled then we wont be able to find an alternative easy as its the school holidays,

maybe FC have only pulled the hotel because the bbc were there!!!!!!!!!!!

if the bbc had not gone then maye FC would have opened the hotel to guests not quite finished!
if tickets had been sent out, then i think FC had every intention of opening a not quite ready hotel!
i have spent the last hour trying to find somwhere that could accomadate us i know we dont go till 5 july but this was a family holiday 15 in all if we are cancelled at alate stage we dont stand a chance of getting somewhere really dont know wat to do :cry: :cry:
I personally haven't been informed yet but was on internet for several hours last night trying to find something suitable - NOTHING!!
I hope first choice have something up their sleeves. My kids are devastated as they have made friends, but now thanks to FC will probably never get to meet them. Has anyone contacted Ros Fernihough the solicitor in the safe & sound booklet? I think I will try and contact when I get home this afternoon, maybe she can offer advice on compensation etc. Let me know if anyone has already done this and have some info. Best wishes to you all and I wish you all a great holiday wherever it may be. Thanks also to sp55 for his input. Take care.
Im sure that if it was a case that FC were still prepared to send guests until BBC got involved im sure that they would have only delayed it again by a week or so, to delay it again by nearly 6 weeks just goes to show its more than just the flower beds requiring planting, the finishing touches needing doing, to cancel 1800 rooms its obviously still not ready for holidaymakers, we will see tonight.

And to pull the Kefalonia for the whole season.
last night when me and sam where up till the early hours talking, we noticed that the fc and eclipse website was not available to view until 3.30am, they were obviously updating their website, has anyone looked at it yet this morning?
been on web this am saying no available flights any airports till 5 july to abc thats says it all :cry:
11 hours till Holiday Hit Squad will be aired on T.V !!!!!!!!
I am so gutted, we are a party of 17, we had our holiday cancelled at the Corfu Aqua Beach Club and we then booked Kos after a lot of reassurances from fc. To now understand we are going to be cancelled again wow! I do not think we stand a chance of getting anywhere suitable on the 28th June when we were suppose to travel from Bristol. Does anybody know how we stand legally, do fc have to offer a suitable alternative as I do not think a full refund will help us much, I know this is what fc would like but now I am panicking, people have booked time off work, put the school forms in, please if anyone knows how the law stands please post.
Morning Dargas. I think FC will be bending over backwards to accomodate people who have been cancelled and fund the balance if the holiday costs more. If you stand your ground I'm sure you can get a better holiday out of them.
i just tried a dummy booking and it will let you book 14 and 28 june whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
Does anyone know the 'crisis line' telephone number yet?
I hope you are right sam L but knowing fc :twisted: decency and logic do not seem to be in their code of practice
Good morning just getting ready to go into town to get this sorted!!
Do you think its possible that the first choice shops and booking lines have extra availablility set aside for other hotels for us Kos and Kefalonia customers that isn't available online?

Just a thought?

Carreen
xxx
Morning everyone,
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone today in getting something booked. Gutted we're not all going to meet up now, but wonder if BBC hadn't got involved whether we would have been sent out to a building site seeing as I already had my tickets!!!
GOOD LUCK
Karen
Ive tried booking and it will not let you book anything before 5th July
Would seem like a good idea to us Carreen but as dargas has said, First Choice dont seem to think that way!

Good luck :gluck
I think you're right Karen. I reckon they would have sent people if the BBC hadnt rumbled them. Or rather, if we hadn't rumbled them!!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.