Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
hi hows every body today, has it sunk in yet that your not going to kos aqua beach club. :whoops :wlink :kiss :yuck
Hi all,

We changed our holiday yesterday. The Gobest-people were very polite. They just heard the news themselves that the opening again was postponed.

We are now going to Corfu-Aqualand Village, it was 283 euros more expensive and we got it fully compensated. The CS was really nice and friendly, so no need for us to play angry.

So please cancel me(too) on the list (June 15th), we will go on June 17th to Corfu. Maybe in a few years we will go to KABC. I first have to spend two years in a mobilehome again (to make my kid and hubby happy). Afterthat it's mom's turn to choose holidays again :D

Petra
Hi, I actually feel relief today, finally the weeks/months of worrying over the KABC and wether it will be ready are over, after spending the day yesterday worrying wether the PP was right for our family and then the awful long wait to speak to someone again to change im now excited about my holiday and 4 weeks today I will be there, this is how I should have been feeling about Kos!

Im also still very worried for the rest of you that are going post 1st july, your rollercoaster of emotions is still ongoing. Whatever town we are from, male/female young or old, we all have something in common, we all gave our trust to FC when we booked by an artist impression that it would all be ok and ready for us, instead we have all suffered undue worry and stress.

We have decided that we have to return to KABC one day (could be as early as next year) even though I said id never book with FC again, I feel that after everything that has happened I have to go to this hotel which has taken over my life, that has made me some great friends, that made me contact the BBC.
Personaly, I think by going back you are letting them of the hook. This is a company that just a few days ago lied to all of you by saying they were in their finishing stages, when in fact they still have a lot of work to do. The fact that they are being nice has to do with the BBC report, and they had to shift into damage control.

As for earlier comments that Greece has become expensive, is that for a third world country or an European country? We are no longer a third world country, and as such the cost of living and operating expenses have gone up. Although these trends towards AI continue we might revert back.

I checked prices for self catering versus AI, and a family does not save that much money, if any money at all. You just have to look around and find the taverna that offers great food and good prices. The furthur away from the city centre you go the cheaper things get. Villages are cheaper than the cities. It is all about trade offs. What you gain in hotel services, you give up in terms of quality. That is a decision that each family knows what is best for them, so I am not judging.
after changing to cuba yesterday i have had a good nights sleep, at least during the last 10 months its given us all something to do , tapping away on this keyboard, im sure that kabc will be very nice when its finished , but i dont think it will be finished by the time we were going on july 12, maybe it will and may be we, as on deal or no deal, we delt too soon! we had to pay an extra £700, and we did not get any compo as they still insist it will open on july 1st, at least now i know we are going some where
good luck everyone have a good holiday where ever you go, and keep in contact so we know where is good for next year
sp55 what is the place called where you work we could come and visit you, do you work in a hotel???
SP55, private message to gezhead, there may some very angry First Choice directors who would love your address!
Thanks Mcfester. I realize that. That is why I am reluctant to give it out.
Right I received my tickets to KABC for the 24th May yesterday!!! and today I have received my invoice for my holiday to cyprus which is miising the in flight meals....so yet another call to first choice.....
i have been trying to get through to firstchoice on their designated KABC number all yesterday and even started listening to the answering machine at 8.45am this morning until it rang constantly and STILL NOT ABLE TO GET THROUGH. Anyone got any sugestions as starting to get really p***ed off now. it rings for 6 mins and 8 secs before the line goes dead.
Foxy, have you tried going into your local branch. I'm pretty sure a few pages back that someone said that as this was 'one off', even if you booked online or over the phone that they could sort it out in the shop for you.
Have you phoned the special crisis line????
Sam

I work for the coop so booked it myself on viewdata under one of our homeworkers abta no's so that i didnt have to pay any commission so unless they will still do something for me im stuffed.
Foxy, Michelle from Essex posted this.....

been into my local fc shop today, kefalonia was pulled because it started to subside!!! a crack team (whatever that is, sounds like drugs to me lol) are flying to Kos next week to get things sorted. She said that even if you booked online or over the phone you can go into a fc shop to get your holiday change or cancelled, that have received a fax this morning stating this, so guys dont waste time and money on the phone just go to your local shop they will be able to do this for you as of today.
Sorry Foxy, Didn't realise. Ignore my last post!! I hope you're able to sort something soon. This is a complete nightmare!!! :twisted:
Lisa yes i am calling the 0161 no which was given out just nobody wants to answer the phones and it is so annoying constantly sitting with phone glued to my head pressing redial every 6mins 8secs!!!!!
When I was ringing on Wednesday I was only getting 3mins 35 secs. I'm guessing that everytime you have to redial you are getting put to the back of the queue again? They aren't doing much to help themselves are they!
i know and i have been on redial for the last hour even getting the engadged tone every now and then and even got told there was a fault on one call its really starting to take its toll and i will be ready to rip someones head off by the time i do get through which wont help me!! :bhead :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :( :x :x :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.