Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
When i went into the travel agents to get an alternative holiday in all honesty the girl was wonderful, we thought about perhaps changing from the 14th june and changing our leave at work if we could to go to the KAB at a later date...but she was upfront and honest and she said to us that this was not gonna be ready till the 5th july was the date she was given and she said and i very much doubt it will be ready then...she said its not only that they have to get the staff in making sure they know what they are doing they are not gonna have chance to train them...its going to be mayhem...and i guess thats the last thing we needed after already having it cancelled once...i don't envy you people your kinda in limbo land waiting for bad news...but after reading through the posts most people have ended up with something better or a good equivelant...fingers crossed for you all.

Thankyou for your words of encouragement i do feel a bit more positive now that tommorrow i will get the phone call to say that my holiday in mexico is going to be all ok :-)
hi cathy. I am just confisdent that it will be ready. Michelle i have been saying the same things for days. Most building sites look like "building sites" till they are cleaned up. Then as if by magic they look like new hotels! :D
Michelle you may be right, however when I went info FC shop on Thursday, the girl there read out a letter which they had received by email that morning, advising that ALL the building work & pools had been completed all that was left were some internal stuff and the area around the hotel like walk ways paths etc...Holiday Hit Squad proved that this is not the case, and it didnt look very completed to me, I had a letter from fc July last year as I wrote to them becasuse I was not happy when they down graded the hotel, in their reply they also confirmed that the building work had started approx 2 months ago (which means that would have started in May last year) so they have been building this for a year now, you would think it would have looked a bit more complete than it did.

Hi, remember it has been a week since filming and your travel agent receiving the email, the main work may have been finished with regards to those apartments I saw with no roof and aluminium outsides, they did only show the outsides of the apartments so we have no idea what was actually done on the insides of them, we also have no idea actually how many contractors are working on site too, and the fc agent at my branch on friday said that extra teams were being sent out as of this week to help get it finished, which they should have done in april really I think, also with regards to this complex being started last may, I thought that building work was not allowed during the summer season and that nothing actually started on kabc until november.
Hi all,

Mandelson - we are still booked to go on 2 August to KABC. I am not altogether sure this is a grand plan but hubby seems to think that FC have to deliver after all the bad press. Can't say I am convinced though.
Lambrini - sorry we won't be seeing you there! Hope you have a nice holiday.

Food for thought - FC told me that I as I havent paid the balance yet, if I cancel my holiday I am not entitled to a refund of the deposit (as KABC was definitely opening 1 July....). As we are all aware (from BBC program) it was stated that refunds for all summer holiday 2006 bookings would be paid.

Do you all remember that we received letters regarding the horseriding not being available - in my letter it said we could cancel with full refund. If FC get funny quote from your letters! :wink:
Another point to note if you are changing your booking make sure you are the lead name on the booking when you telephone. I used my hubby's credit card when making the booking and FC said he was the only one who could change it! Not what I wanted to hear after I had been trying for hours to contact them!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
Hi Slick, glad to see I'm not the only one left from 2nd August! I could have changed my booking foc, no mention of a refund! Asked the person on the phone if she had actually seen photos of KABC she said she hadn't but had been assured that the reason the date has been put back so far is to make absolutely sure that it would be ready. We'll see! Will be hassling them regularly to make sure I get a decent holiday! :sun
Hi been following this site now for a few weeks, and cant believe whats going on. fc are a disgrace as when i booked 2 weeks ago they told me it was completed or i wouldnt have booked the hotel in the first place.

I feel sorry for all you what were cancelled but at least you can sort something out now and are not still worrying every day if your going to be going on holiday or not. im due to go on the 12th but would like to change to the 5th but i dont know if they would waiver the admin cost as its to the same hotel, anyone any idea?
just been on fc website you cant make a booking after the 5th july until 2nd august so they must be full booked by people that have no idea what is going on!!!
Hi all.
We have changed to Crete. Part of me wanted to hold on but started to panic that there would be nothing left. Will continue to watch this sight to see what happens. Did all changing through agents we booked with
ponge,
why did they knock £600 off your new holiday if you were not going untill after july 1st, we changed from kabc to cuba , we were going july 12th and so we had to pay an extra £700 as cuba was more than we originally paid
do you have the phone number or name of lady
Hi all

We are going on August 2nd aswell with another family..... yes we like you all have had sleepless nights. I managed to get through to FC Saturday 9.00am who said because of the bad publicity FC had to have it ready for July and it should be ok. No compo. would be available if we changed / cancelled as our date is beyond new official opening date. They alledegly have a dedicated FC team phoning all the people who have to be cancelled to "re-House / Holiday" them ( so to sepak ) If this happens to us they may struggle to get through to me as I am always trying to phone them!!!!!!

We are going to have to risk it as to get another decent holiday with all that we want for kids of two families and to fly from Bristol is now impossible...

Next year its the Red Sea in a hotel already up and running!

Hope to see you August 2nd peoples at the bar.. or will it be at the reception complaining... I hope not!!! :twisted:
Hi annie

Phoned the 0870 number on our booking confirmation, don't know the ladies name I spoke to or the numbers I pressed. Guess I just got lucky. I am not sure why they gave me such a good deal. She was really helpful but she was not on the help line! Good luck with your changes. If you come to Rhodes maybe we will see you there. We have 15 year old and 9 year old girls to keep happy!!! arrive 16th July

Ponge
Hi. my name is johanne. i have been reading this site with interest as i am to go to the KABC on the 30th aug for my honeymoon. i was really disappointed to see the resort only half built and am worried it wont be ready when we are due to go. i have got two boys aged 6 and 12 who are also looking forward to it.is there anyone on this site that is going on that date and what are your thoughts on the subject.
i personaly think that they have got more chances of getting the pope to open a nightclub than what they have of getting that hotel finished, i wouldnt take fcs word for anything concerning building work, because they are not the ones building it. they are just selling the holidays hoping that it is done, just looking at the pools didnt give me much hope of them being finished for a lot longer, and did you notice the roofers, there wasnt even any scafolding around that building for them, it seems that they have different standords of work practice over there that doesnt help them time wise, i hope it is ready for you all, but i in alreality i wouldnt hold your breath. i am going to kos on the 24th of may and will drive past and try and have a look ,will take my binoculars with me,
It doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it will be open or not on 1st July but all those that are booked after that date have no choice other than to pay extra for accommodation and why should they!!! This is FC cock up and everyone should just hold on in there and wait and see. Don't pay extra when it is not necessary. Most people on this site who have been cancelled have come out well.
Hi Gezhead, wouldn't mind some photos if you can get em without having your camera whizzed away and the film ripped out!! :lol: Volls, sorry we won't see you there, but have an extremely good one! 8) Karen, will see you at the bar, will send Hubby to do complaining!! :glynis Foxy, I suspect that some people may have been moved from the earlier dates and that is why it's booked up between 5th Jul &2nd Aug. :hmmm Pink, welcome to the first choice world rollercoaster ride! :omg
Hi I am newbie,

My cousin an I booked on Saturday 6th May to be departing from Birmingham on Wednesday 24th May for 1 week through our local agents. I have a son aged nine and my cousins son is seven we therefore decided this was the place for us, ideal for the kids. :D
As with most of the comments made on this site we asked the obvious questions at the time of booking regarding the building work etc. On Wednesday 10th May a message was left on my answerphone stating the hotel wasn't finished and we would need to find an alternative hoilday ! :shock: :x

This being 4 days since we made the booking we were appauled ! On returning to the agents on Saturday 13th May we have now booked a Holiday in Cyprus. Flying from East Mids (much better for us), Daytime flights (much better for us), Hotel upgraded & in-flight meals, pre-booked seats & courtesy room all thrown in ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hope you all do as well as we did X :wink: [/b]
Hi NicNoc

Where in Cyprus are you going? I am going on the 24th as well...I also got an upgraded room...and late checkout, and prebooked seats.

Lisa
This is certainly one rollercoaster ride that i do not want to be on :yikes. i really feel sorry for all those of you out there that have had to find alternative holidays. good luck with your new holiday. i just hope my honeymoon is not ruined. i dont need it at this stage. another thing to worry about. anybody out there that is going to KABC on the 30th aug, please get in touch.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.