Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
We went there as part of "the island tour"

first thing is it wasn't a factory or at least we didn't go around any production. We were shown the trees and told how things are grown, made, different types etc,
Then taken into a large shop packed with spirits and wines and given free samples of the varying different types...
I was drinking mine and my brothers as he doesn't like orange flavour...

so I can't remember where it is.. seemed to remember the coach was spinning around....

not sure if it would be the same woman (as it was a couple of years ago) but she was mad.. very entertaining..

worth a look
Thanks for that info. I will try and find some info from some websites.. By the way, was the coach spinning around before or after you had been tasting the samples!!!!!
it was ok before going in... :LOL:
We went on the Koum Quat tour last year on one of Thomsons trips. It was really lovely. When you get there they take you into a small room with a video of how the Koum Quat is made. Quiet interesting. You then go into the factory shop where you get a sample and can buy any of the produce there, Looking on our bottle that we have still got which is in the shape of Corfu Island it says Mvromatis. Whether this is the name of the place or the people I don't know.
Hope you find the tour as the product is gorgeous.

Jules
Just found the below web site,take a look.

http://koumquat.com/exhibit.htm

Jules
thats excellent, thanks Jules
but doesn't appear to be where we went.. I think we just went to an outlet ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.