America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I'm not very good at doing detailed reports but I'll try my best. :) I'd better take a pen an paper around with me. :rofl

I don't know how everyone remembers everything, Luci and Gemma are brilliant at it, doing daily bloggs, don't expect one of those. :)

I'm not sure who's doing the makeup and hair, my sister-in-law got the wedding planner to sort it out in the end. I've looked at the site and the pics look nice.

Just coming down to earth after having 2 weeks in Spain. I have to go to work tomorrow and Saturday then I can relax again. I've been soooo busy catching up on all the domestics, washing, cleaning e.t.c. and getting last minute bits for Vegas, hope I haven't forgotten anything. I was looking at an earlier post about some one having trouble getting adapters there so I have 4 in my case. :) My mum said I was crazy but I pointed out that I have straighteners, a camera , the camcorder, mobile phone....... You can't have too many, I hope i'm not overweight with all my stuff, don't fancy paying excess baggage.

Bye for now.

Sue :)
Sue, I keep a diary of all my Vegas trips in a small notebook so I can relive them. Funnily enough I didn't do one for my first major trip there which I really regret as we crammed in as much as we could into that week.

luci :wave
Sue I take a small diary with me and just highlight bullet points in it. When I look at the diary and I read for example, "buffet breakfast at Excalibur" I can then elaborate more. It was Irishcolleen over in the Goa forum who gave me the idea about taking a small pocket diary with me. The thing that worries me cos its detailed is that I might be boring people :think
However, I love reading trip reports, long or short :D
Gemma33 wrote:
The thing that worries me cos its detailed is that I might be boring people :think

Absolutely no chance of that. I like all the detail.

I usually do mine as if the person reading it has never been before and that is why I put in prices for everything as that is often people's main concern.

Oh Gemma, please don't think that you are boring people, you're certainly not boring me. :)

A bit :offtop so soz but Just while I'm on, please can you advise me about putting makeup in my hand luggage, I don't normally bother when it's short haul but would like to carry a bit when I go on Sunday. I know that if I take antiperspirant then it needs to be in a clear resealable bag max 20CM X 20CM and not more than 100ml but what are the rules now on lipstick, blusher, eyeshadow e.t.c.

thanks in advance
Sue

p.s. do you think that my G.H.D'S will be ok in the case.
You can put your makeup in your hand luggage, but put all gels and creams etc in the ziploc bag - ie your foundation, lipstick etc, and you should be fine.
Hi Sue :wave: as Lesley said anything that is actually liquid will need to go in a sealable see through small bag, and the items inside the bag cant be more than 100 ml.
I didnt realise you were going away so soon. I might not be online a lot over the weekend so I hope you have a fantastic holiday and of course a safe journey. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back xx
Hi Gemma that isn't 100ml in total is it, just per item and they all have to fit in the one bag, is that right?

Yes Sue its 100 ml per item, so if you had a small travel size toothpaste and a hand cream and a perfume, then they can all be a maximum of 100 ml each, and all in the one small see through bag.
Enjoy!!!! :D
Aww thankyou, you've been really helpful.

We're staying in the Excalibur in April and I am just wondering if they have fridges or cool boxes in the room :que

My dad is Diebetic and has recently been put on insulin, so we will need somewhere to store this. If they do not have fridges in the room do you think they will have somewhere available where we can store his insulin?

Thanks
Rachael
They can normally provide a fridge at an additional cost, but if you advise them at check in that it is for medical reasons it should be free of charge.

There are not normally fridges in the rooms, only on request.

Thank you Luci. I was also going to try the $20 trick at check in. I just hope we have somebody nice and accommodating when we check in.

Thanks again.
Rachael
x
Thinking of booking for next March as rates are now substantially cheaper then they were last week.

For 10 nights:

The Tower room = $750
Widescreen tower room = £950

Deluxe room = $850
Widescreen deluxe room = $1050

View room = $850
Widescreen view room = $1050

My main question is, are the beds any less comfortable in the cheaper rated rooms?

Would appreciate anybodys advice from having stayed here.

Thanks
I stayed at the Excalibur from the 3rd August-10th August and was lucky enough to get a complementary upgrade after using the $20 trick when checking in.
We were very pleased with the room,We were on the 27th floor in tower 2 facing New York New York, It had a wide screen t.v. and 2 double beds which in my opinion were very comfortable.
I was surprised that the safes were free as we are used to going to Spain where there is a daily charge.
The bathroom was of a good size but only had a shower, no bath which didn't bother us at all.
The room was very clean and there was plenty of storage space.

If I was to go to Las Vegas again then I would prefer to stay further down, perhaps at the Flamingo Hotel just because there seems to be more going on around there but for the price that we paid to stay at the Excalibur, it represented excellent value for money.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.