Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Is the work on the beach also finished?
It has all taken a long time.
Are you pleased with the end result?
Regards,
Billyboy.
Billyboy,

The work on the beach is continuing however half of the harbour end is now open to the public and in can only be a matter of days before the rest of the harbour side is opened. A big improvement. :tup
Yes the little houses on the sea front should not be removed they add/retain some of the original character to the town and are an historical link to its past.
For many years I understood that an old lady, who was a major ‘land owner' of that part of the LC area, owned the old white house. The speculation was that she lived a pauper's lifestyle but was very wealthy and happy to stay if only to get up the noses of the local council etc!

Perhaps this is LC folklore and happy if someone will clarify this - Peter R I value your feedback as you have been in the area for several years and I'm sure you can assist with this. If this has already been discussed, apologies.

We own on mainland Spain and have seen several similar examples of the Spanish locals in Lliria (Valencia) sticking their two digits up to the council when it comes to redevelopment, only to see new buildings being built around/onto their old houses!! However, some would argue that progress is progress.

Regards, Chris
The old house is still there and apparemtly the old lady is refusing to move or accept the buy out offer.

I heard they had offered her 30,000 E to move but she is refusing.

I dont think they should remove these older houses the retain some of the original character ofthe place.
I asked the coffee shop owner across from the old lady's house of her whereabouts when i was over in May and he told me she had died.
I still see her husband in an orange wheelchair/scooter thing
Is all the work finished on the prom-beach?
regards,
Billyboy.
Have they started extending the beach towards the Arona Gran or was that just another rumour.
Rodz
No, they haven't started extending the beach. They have laid some sand on the rocky beach area in front of the Arona Gran Hotel but they haven't actually started on the 'improvements' proper. I think it may be some time yet before this happens, it's been in the pipeline for years.
They have some major demolition first, frontline buildings are supposed to come down. let's have a rest from the work for a while, nice to see the front completed in centre of Los Cristianos. Have any of the shops been occupied on the sea side near to the Arona Gran ?
How the place has changed since our first visit in 1980. Having said that, the centre although has had a makeover. it remains quite tranquil and quiet. Well we still love it.
hi
we have just returned from a stay at parque de la paz and most nights walked right in to los cristianos.
Wow! it looks great and everywhere was so accessible, especially for my dad who had to use an electric scooter.
we were very impressed by how it all looks, and can't wait to return next year to see if the beach improvements are finished and the derelict buildings demolished.

regards
Tracey
The lorries that took the sand from Los Cristianos beach have dropped it where the beach cafe was in La Caleta so presume they are going to put a beach in there. Shame about the cafe they did some good tapas.
Rodz
Have any of the locals been taken up below the market and before the Arona Gran.
The two story one, lots of glass and chrome.
Rodz
No all still empty, dont think this will change until they sort the beach out etc.
Somebodies got a lot of money tied up there doing nothing.
Thanks for that.
Rodz
http://www.portroyale.eu has some photos of the new seafront at Cristianos.
Rodz
hi looks nice the front does now we will see it in a couple of weeks cant wait
well it does look nice.

can't wait to go now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.