Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lost Bag
16 Posts
Hi KatieP so sorry to hear that, its my biggest nightmare...hope it turns up soon
Chilly
It happened to me once on a flight back from the Middle East. However the case did turn up the following day and was delivered to my house. Not sure about Dabolim, thats a completely different scenario. Hope the case turns up soon. Keep us posted Katie.
I sympathise KatieP,

We lost both cases last year on a Monarch flight to Gatwick from Dabolim. They did arrive 6 days later - so don't give up hope.

If you filled in the lost baggage form, keep phoning them for a status update.

Good luck

Peter
My case was lost going out to Goa and coming back to U.K! Same bright pink case with red strap round with my name on!! :que
Took a week to collect from Goa and next day to U.K. It's a horrible feeling wondering where your personal belongings are lyng around somewhere! Anywhere! Should be okay if the barcode sticker is on. Good luck!
I do sympathise but it reminds me of friends that stay here long term.

They had been out for the day and called at the boats on the way home and bought some lovely fresh tiger prawns to have the next day as special meal before flying home early in the morning but on checking flight times that evening they found they did not have a next day the fight was only hours away.

They threw every thing in the cases including the prawns and you can guess what case went missing, it turned up ten days later and they knew it was their case even before the driver got the case out of the van.

They did salvage the Honey Bee but after having to dispose of the rest of the contents and the case it was only a small consolation
Thanks for the replies everyone. I phoned up this morning and the bag did make it to Manchester. They think it fell off the trailer that moves the bags from the plane to the terminal. :tup We should get it in the next 24 hours all being well.

It's never happened to us before and I think we got complacent about making sure our contact details were on the bag, it won't happen again. :duh

Glad we didn't have any prawns in there though. :rofl
They threw every thing in the cases including the prawns and you can guess what case went missing, it turned up ten days later and they knew it was their case even before the driver got the case out of the van.

:rofl :rofl priceless!!!
I bet your pleased, thats great news. Hope everything was ok inside your case.:cheers gel
So pleased your suitcase has returned, I know I would have been worried sick - I would rather give something away than lose it :) Thank goodness you have got your wedding outfits too. :tup
Thinking about this, :think I haven't heard of anyone other than yourself (and Glynis who was on scheduled) having lost or delayed luggage (particularly on a charter from/to Goa) does it happen often?
Fizz
Good news about your case katie I always worry it will happen to us sometime :( :( :(
I haven't heard of anyone other than yourself (and Glynis who was on scheduled) having lost or delayed luggage (particularly on a charter from/to Goa) does it happen often?

Fizz
very much :offtop on a goa forum, but my sister and her hubby travelled American Airlines from Manchester to Vancouver (via Dallas) and one of their cases didn't come off at Dallas.
Despite being assured by AA that it was more than likely that it would turn up very soon and that they'd update them every 24 hours, THEY had to do the chasing.
After a week in Vancouver they rang AA to tell them they were moving on to Las vegas (the case still hadn't turned up).
On the night before they were due to fly back to Manchester (Day 13 of their holiday), AA rang to say they'd found the case, it was still in Manchester.
They were told to leave it there and my sister collected it when they arrived back in the UK.

After complaining to AA about their very poor customer service (and THAT'S another story :yikes :banghead: :rage , my sister eventually got $1200 in travel vouchers.

Polly
Glad you got it all sorted Katie :tup
PPC - Sorry to hear your sister's luggage went missing for the whole of her holiday, hope they had split there clothes between the cases?

I was really thinking about Goa though as I can see how a case could go missing at one of our larger/busier airports outbound, I just can't understand how (on a charter flight) they can mislay a case on the return leg from Dabolim :que

However, I suppose this IS Goa we are talking about :D

I have had cases damaged in transit from Goa but (so far) not had one lost/mislaid; just wondered if it happened often with charters from Dabolim :que
My main concern was that they sent us to the domestic flight check in area, which is what made us think the bag may not make it to the UK. The airport staff were obviously more efficient than they looked (not difficult :rofl ).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.