Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Couple of questions? Whats the best Mossie plug in and spray to take, I attract them and get eaten on Holls usually.
Money and Tips $ or egyptian or sterling for tips in hotel? Can you buy snorkelling equipment there? and does anyone know total cost of upgrade to a suite for 2 adults and 2 children, they say $10 pp
Many thanks - 2 weeks on sunday!!!
Nigel
marg ,
i know you are going today , have a great holiday and hope to see you out there (just in case you check out this website over there ) just remembered you were flying out today !
havvaguddin skully !!!!!!!!!

spongebob ,
are you still going to be wearing the white speedo trunks ?
see you all soon ,skully !
Rhodgreen thanks for all the photos, I'm one of the voyeurs who's been sitting back and watching, now its less than a week to my holiday I'm all in there!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to ask about the lio's with the cupholders, did you get them there or take them with you?

This site is just like Big Brother, strangely addictive, speaking of which are there any local pubs which have Big Bro live or re-runs?????
:D :D

Do they really come round the pool in the afternoon with pastries etc as my wee pal thats coming with us loves a wee scone in the aftrenoon?

We are all flying out from Manchester on 30th anyone else going on the same flight?
Yes I do enjoy a wee scone in the afternoon (with my non Lipton's tea)and hopefully there'll be a wee something on the cart. Failing that Lilo Lil's husband and I are more than willing to Judge a "Holiday Truths" Scone making competition. We could hold it while Lilo is in the pub watching big brother (???!!!). Personally I have no interest in reality TV now Celebrity Love Island is finished. Although I had no interest in any of "The Celebrity's." Half an hour of Kelly Brook would have done me just fine. Anyway.... SCONES..... Ill be hoping for the smell of home baking on the Manchester flight on the 30th

Rhodgreen photos were great - thank you. JillyE and Bridgy thanks for the replies on visa's and diving.

Back on topic - How close is the Radisson and does anyone know if the hotels allow guests from other hotels as visitors - around the pool or in the resteraunt (paying obviously)?
Didn't see any cakes round the pools while we were there. Onle tea and cakes at the terrace bar at 5.00.

Lilo was bought for £3 in this country from a cheep shop in Liverpool.

Everyone have a great time. Its raining todayso wish we were still out there.
Nigel,
We used a "Jungle Formula Pug-in" mosquito killer but the kids had a plug-in that used tablets in their room, both came from Matalan and both worked ok. The spray we had was Tesco's own extra strength. My wife always gets bitten and she used Boots suntan cream with insect repellent which seemed to work ok. She says to tell you it did'nt smell, honest.
For tips we just used egyptian pounds. I had to change some UK pound coins for the room cleaner since these are no use to them. The hotel only change currency in good condition, no rips etc. We never got less than 10 Egyptian to the £ at the hotel reception. Any of the shops will take £, $, Euro etc as long as its cash.
There is a snorkel/flipper shop near the beach (also sells ice cream as none on the resort during the day) if you need anything or you can get anything else from Naama Bay.
Last, with regards to upgrade we have same figure as you but do not know whether that would apply to young children as well in same room.
We asked when we arrived and there were none available and were told to check back at reception regularly to see if position had changed but decided not to bother as room we had was ok.
Cheers John
Hia

If you go to the pool where the nightly entertainment is on at night they sometimes come round with cakes and pastries during the day!!! The cakes are extremely sweet though, buit very nice if you have a sweet tooth like me!!! Other than that, the terrace bar at 5pm as Nikki said.

Hotrodder - we upgraded to a suite when we got there - we upgraded wristband and rooms - it came to an extra £200 for a week for 2 of us - I think if you upgrade just the room its about £10 per day per person - if you email them they will tell you though.

Mossie plugs/spray - we didnt take any plugs and had no probs - slept every night with the patio door open and just the net pulled across. We took some spray, but again never used it! I think that you can buy an insect repellent though from Boots own range that is supposed to be quite good.

Not sure where the Radisson is JKH - is it nearer Naam Bay? If it is then it will be about 20 minutes drive away - not sure if they let you in the restaurants or not - sure they would though if you paid - w met some people on our flight home that had stayed there and were saying how fantastic it is, so hope you get to go there.

Jill
I remember seeing the Radisson SAS on our drive in, its not that far away I don't think.

Don't know if you have to pay for the kids to upgrade. We didn't but we upgraded in the UK, £200 for two weeks!
hi ,
has anyone heard anything about airport strikes starting on the 1st july ?
hi lizzscafe ,
yes there is going to be a strike but it starts on the 30th june !
hope this helps you !
ps . it's only manchester airport though
Hi Skully

Where did you find this?

Flying from Manchetser on the 30th

JKH
I have belive there is a courtesty bus which runs into Nimma Bay, is this true and if so is it any good?
Have just contacted Mytravel whom we are flying with & they are NOT aware of any strikes at Manchester on June 30th so looks like anyone going on his day can breathe a sigh of relief. Dunno what weathers like elsewhere in the country but it's been a belter of a day here & makes me soooo excited about spending 2 weeks out there in the sun. The only thing I'm still worried about is the Egyptian tum but wil go with plenty of meds in case & consult the local chemist if need be. Thanks to everyone who contributes here, it's the best holiday source undoubtedly.
going out on thursday, just had a call today from first choice saying there is building work next door, any one seen this are there any problems?

has any one else been informed of this?

soooo excited, :hyper :hyper
looking forward to seeing every one over there, anyone else on the manchester flight (fca) that leaves about 12.30pm?

kkazz
Hi Nathangun
The courtesy bus is probably the best transport you'll get to Naama Bay. You have to book a day in advance generally at the desk by the main door. It drops you off at the Rosetta Hotel and you have to walk into town which is a few minutes. You cross over the dual carriageway and walk down until you reach top of the main street on the LHS. (can't miss it)

Tip: My kids bought some sand art ornaments. They watched them being done which was very clever then they seal them. Unfortunately the sand is not packed tight enough or settled and its all mixed up before you get back to the hotel. Waste of money but donated to Egyptian economy.
we are due to go to the Grande Azure monday the 11th of july, just have a few questions if anyone can help me answer them..

Do you need trousers or tailored shorts in the restaurants?
Has the jetty been finished?
Can you get lime juice behind the bar to go in the vodka?

Thanks for your time, just a few trivial questions i know. But it may help us enjoy the holiday that little bit better.
Trousers - yes - we saw people turned away at the speciality restaurants for being in shorts!
Lime juice - didn't see it, and wouldn't put any money on it being there!
The jetty was not finished a couple of weeks ago - but all this meant was that you had to go around the workmen half way along (this did not mean going in to the sea - just climbing around them!) - if you're female, attractive, blond etc - plenty of helping hands!!
Thanks for that.
Can you recomend any good trips, we have two boys with us both over eighteen !
Hi Oldham Beast,
With two eighteen year olds I'd let them go into Naama Bay at night on the courtesy bus and get a taxi back. Camel Bars ok. The Russian entertainment girls at the Grand Azure come round most nights looking for people to go to a club in Naama Bay, can't remember what time the bus left the hotel but either 11 or 12pm.
Snorkelling probably the best thing for them in the day or if you can afford it send them on the diving course which will give them something to remember. Good luck John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.