Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure
1176 Posts
HI shopaholic

Sorry to hear about your sickness. Did you travel with THomas cook? If so have you complained to them because they keep telling me nobody is getting sick and they have no complaints?
Which hotel did you move to?

Thanks Marg
Hi

I'm just about to get in touch with Thomas Cook to hear their version over the illness at the Grand Azure, can anyone tell me if they have written recently to complain so as I have some ammo to fire back at them when they come up with the usual reply of "to date we have recieved no complaints of illness and there is not a problem at this hotel"

I want a relaxing holiday not one where I will be wondering if I or any members of my party will be taken ill.

THanks Marg
hi there,
has anybody been to grand azure lately?has anyone been to any part of egypt for christmas?i'm going in about six weeks time an i'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the weathers like please. thanks :D
Hi Marge!
If you keep on going on like that, I think you will get sick anywhere you go!! I am already getting stomach-ache....
Chill out......... :wink:
Hi Marge

I agree with Rickey. We spent two wonderful weeks in the Grand Azure - came back on 14th October and have just booked another two weeks for next year to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary. The couple we met out there have also booked with us to go again and they will also be celebrating their wedding anniversary.

Marge - you have nothing to worry about. Only a very few people got sick - but this was your normal, change of climate and food holiday upset tummy that lasted no more than 24 hours. This did not disrupt our holiday at all.

Don't worry and enjoy your time at the Grand Azure - I would swap places with you now if you like!!!!

Email me if you want more info about the hotel.

Have a great time

Eirian :D
Dont worry about the hotel people only seem to take notice of the negatives and not the positives.

If we hadn't already booked for next year we would definately be going again and we have even talked about cancelling our holiday and losing the deposit to go back here.

When we were at the hotel one night there was a big awards ceremony because this hotel had one the award for best LTI hotel so they must be doing something right.

I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again as when we were going home there were a few people at other hotels who had problems with their accomodation and the food.
Hi

THanks Briarskeg I asked a perfectly normal question because I have a member of my party who has a medical problems and this sort of food poisoning could be leathal to them.
Some people are so rude as to presume I'm just a winger moaning on all the time.
So Rickey unless you have something constuctive to say butt out and mind your own business.
Many thanks to all the others who have given me their views I am very gratefull, any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks Marg
:D hi everyone, the girlfriend and i are about to hit the hotel with a vengance.... we fly out on monday morning(assuming i can actually start to pack) and have read ALL the reports and believe me when i say that although i have never met them, i have spoke to eirian and her husband trevor and i trust them both when they say this hotel is the 'bees knees'
i will like them post a detailed(well maybe not as detailed as the one eirian sent me) report on the hotel when i get back in two weeks or so.
will hopefully be accessing e-mail whilst over there so please feel free to e-mail me and i can give you all a totally upto date report on how the place is and remind you how lovely and warm it is there compared to sunny ol' britain.....
if anyone is there whilst i am, just look for the maddest / whitest person and you should have hit the jackpot.... i might even BUY you a drink ha ha ha ..............
stevie............
Hi we are travelling to grand azure in two weeks would be grateful for any additional info that is not already there there are 5 adults and two seven year olds in the party
HI
Thanks for that I will look forward to your reports stevie.

Marg
hi everyone
does anyone know if you can swim with dolphins? if you can an if anyones been in egypt,could you please let me know an give me an idea of the cost? many thanks :lol:
Hi Tithers,

There is a place to swim with dolphins in Sharm, they are bred in captivity and my wife and daughter found it to be less than exciting! The cost is around £50 each.

We have just returned from the Coral Hilton in Nuweiba, where, last week, we swam with wild dolphins for 6 hours just off the beach. Although not an everyday occurence, I would urge you to wait until you have the same sort of opportunity to swim with them in the wild as it beats the hell out of being with creatures who have no option other than to entertain you!

Having said that, the choice is yours.

Regards,

Roger.
Yes you can... if you can find them and you can swim fast enough.

Ooleen the wild dolphin who used to live in Nuweiba does nt appear very much now, though they were spotted off the beach of the Nuweiba Hilton a few weeks ago by carrot2502.
A few weeks ago!!!!

It was only last week!!

Roger.
But after midnight I cant count anymore !
Just got back from Sharm, Mon.22/11/04.
The new extension and reception area of the Grand Azure only opened on the 6th Nov this year.
Spent two weeks there and believe me it is 5 star in all but the main restaurant food, the food there is ok but only to possibly a three star standard. There is always good soup and excellent salad selection, and the bread and rolls are always fresh.
Don't worry the food in the speciality restaurants is excellent. Okay you have to book them but it is worth it, they don't cost any extra.
For those who tend to forget, this is a Moslem country so please don't expect to get bacon or pork.

For your lunchtime extras you can always visit the Tropicana restaurant where you get a good selection plus freshly made individual pizzas, or even the Beach Bar for your favourite burger and chips or chicken and chips and lots of salad selection.

The hotel and grounds are amazing, three magnificent pools and lots of created lawn, flower and shrub beds.

The staff, in the main, are some of the most helpful that we have come across. There are plenty of bars and our favourite was the old lobby bar with Mohamed Hamdy the barman. He is a 24year old with an ever cheerful disposition and he really does try to be a friend of all his guests, as he calls the people at the bar. He will remember your favourite drink and more importantly he will always have a clean and tidy bar and table area.
The thing about the staff is that they will always stay polite and are very capable and willing. Some of the trips are great, you can go Quad biking in the desert, great, four wheel drive jeeps in the desert with camel riding thrown in (take some extra padding for the saddle, it can be a bit hard on the posterior), snorkeling is, of course, another great option. If your tour company does and Arabian Night outing be sure to go on it, you will have a terrific time with free beer,wine, soft drinks and really good food with some good entertainment from the Bedouin and your reps and possibly yourselves if you like to join in.

All in all we have just had a marvellous two week holiday with temperatures between 85 and 90 during the day and round the 70 mark at night.

We booked through Thomas Cook, but I am sure that you will enjoy it no matter who you book with.

Remember, the hotel is trying to cater for guests from all over, although whilst we were there it was mainly Brits, German and Russian.

Go to the Grand Azure and enjoy yourself.
hi everyone!
have returned also on the 22nd, and could not fault the place one bit..
the hotel is fantastic, and we were fortunate enough to have a room near the new reception where you could roll out of bed in the morning and be at the pool side within seconds..
the food is ok, the choice of venue is the key to it in my opinion, you could eat in a different place everynight for at least five nights, and that's without leaving the hotel...
the newest part of the hotel is in my opinion the bees knees, the pool there is out of this world, never struggled to get a sunbed, and that was bearing in mind we always wanted one near our room
the staff inthe hotel can not do enough for you, they might not always get it right first time,but they don't let that put them off, and will rectify it as soon as possible
there is a million and one hot tips to staying there, so please e-mail me if you have a specific question to ask and i will answer it as best as i can
and all this from someone who was trying his hardest to cancel this holiday three weeks before i went because of what i read on this site!!!!
don't believe everything you have read on this site, this hotel has obviously changed in the last few months, to give you an example,, whilst we were there the president of egypt' son and his friends stayed at the hotel, so bearing in mind there being quite a lot of hotels in the resort it sort of speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!
anyway anybody who is going shortly please feel free to e-mail me and i will answer your questions
ENJOY!!!!
stevie
Will be visting the Grand Azure in February.

Does anyone know if any of the pools are heated?

I'm Planning to do some diving, Has anyone used or has any details of the dive centre based on the beach? I thinks it's `Wernerlau dive centre'. Sounds German!

Or can anyone reccomend a convienient dive centre. Is it best to pre book or shop about once I get there?

Any info would be appreciated
hi mate,
just got back on monday..
the pools are not freezing cold but not warm either!! sort of a shock when you get in them, but you soon get used to it!!
our rep (thomson) steered us away from the dive centre at the hotel?? don't know why but there appears to be one on every street corner when you go into narma bay...
the sea on the other hand is very warm, even far out! we went on a snorkelling trip and although the water was crystal clear, it was deep enough for you not to see the bottom.. but it was just as warm as just off the beach...
enjoy you will have a fantastic time, i'm about to put a detailed review on the site (when i get a minute!) but basically ignore any reports from before early september cause the place is the bees knees!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.