Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
my e-mail is on the bottom rply to it and i will send you some pics that even this years brochure doesnt have
Dear Steve

Thanks so much for your informative reply - sounds like you are now the unofficial tourist board!

We are of on 24th February - sadly only for 1 week - but if it as good as you make it sound it may only be the first of many visists.

Terwish :)
we booked all our trips through our rep (direct holidays) she said it was best we booked through them because we are not insured for anything we do through other companies such as the hotel etc.... we done quad biking which was really fun,you can either have your own bike or share (you go on the desert to do this,no worries of main roads),snorkling in the red sea which was called 'the tiran trip' and a coloured canyon trip which was lovely but really tiring,you've got to have really good health and good at squeezing through tight spaces. I really didn't want to come home because I loved it so much,it's what you make of a holiday and you can't please everyone if they're used to different types of holidays. You don't know until you try it out for yourself. We had a room right next to the main restaurant which was really handy and opossite a quiet pool which got the most of the sun in the morning,mid day is the hottest but can go quite chilly of an evening so it's best to take a jumper or a cardigan. If you get a taxi to Naama Bay givr them a price of 50 egyptian there and 50 back,you shouldn't pay more than that and always get in a blue and white taxi. When you get to Naama Bay everyone turns into a taxi but they're just using thier own cars but you'll find out all this when you get there, it's lovely and if there's anyone going soon you'll love it, enjoy! :lol:
:D
Thx for info.
I read on one website that hotel has ice rink!!!
Is this true?
This def. seems to be the place we want to go, will try to get booked up today/tomorrow
:cry:
Have been to travel agents today who when checking availabilty on computer, had pages of info on hotel, loads of things closed, building works all over hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was updated on their system 14/12
Am just about to email and fax hotel direct to find out exactly what is happening, so update you guys as soon as i know.
when we was there 16th dec - 30th dec there was building work going on but not alot and nothing that would get in your way or disturb you but they was finishing off most of the work when we were leaving such as around 1 pool,the gym,by the clinic and the upstairs to the main restaurant but that should all be finished now. Don't let any of this put you off though because when I was reading some the post on this about stomach upsets and building work it really put me off and was thinking about canceling but I am really glad I never now,it's 1 of the best holidays I've ever been on,so if you can,try and book to go because you'll enjoy it. Let me know if you find out anything.
I would definitely agree. We went 30 Sept to 14 Oct last year and we as well tried to change the booking as we had read such terrible reviews but we decided to go ahead and we are so pleased that we did. It was the best holiday we have ever had - could not fault anything - maybe the entertainment - but that would never put us off a holiday as we don't go for the entertainment.

We were so impressed and depressed when we had to come home, that we have already booked to go back same time next year together with a couple that we met there. So please don't let the building work or anything else put you off as I can guarantee that everything will probably be finished in about two weeks. Whilst we were there in a few days wooden bridges were built around the new waterfalls pool and caused no disruption - in fact it was quite entertaining.

Have a lovely time and if anyone is thinking of going 29th Sept to 13th Oct 2005, please let me know. It's my husband's 50th birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary whilst we are there and you are all invited.

Eirian xx
the entertainment was a bit poor but it's an up and coming holiday resort which will become very popular for brits in the next few years,hopefully by then the entertainment will have improved. They had just finished that waterfall pool when we got there and it is absolutley gorgeous now. It hasn't got an ice rink,the pools are quite cold but bearable when your in it,there is 1 heated pool for kids but all the adults ended up getting in to,it was like being in a bath!! disappointed to be back home though :(
Hi all and thanks for replys.
Haven't had reply from hotel itself - as yet.
Will give it today and then make decision later today.
Been looking at other hols, but nothing grabs us as much as this one!
Will keep you posted. Excuse the pun. lol.
if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask :lol:
Hi

I am off to the LTI on the 20th and received a letter yesterday from First Choice regardings some refurbishment works going on,

"Work is taking place to refurbish the indoor swimming pool, gym, and leisure facilities. During this time the management of the hotel have made alternative arrangements and you can use the facilities at the hotel next door.

Work is also taking place to refurbish the old reception area so that the buffet restaurant can be extended. The three other restaurants will remain fully operational.

In addition, one of the outdoor swimming pools is closed, whilst a new pool bar is being added. We can confirm that the other two outdoor pools and all other facilities will be open as usual.

It is anticipated that the work will continue until approximately the end of Feb"

Regards

Steve

Hi, we've booked to go to the LTI Grand Azure in May, and I have to say I am feeling alot better now I have read the reviews on this site!!
I would like to know what the sand is like, as I have read that you need sand shoes as it is quite sharp due to the coral!! Is it too sharp for my 6 year old to play on? From the pictures on the hotel website it looks ok and it also look like you can walk into the sea from the beach, is this the case or not??
Does anyone know what the facilities are like for the children as most reports are from people travelling without them?!

Thanks

Louise.
:d :d

have just booked to go to grand azure 24th feb til 10th march.
can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hoping that most work will be finished, but it looks such a fab place, sure its going to be great.

if anyone else going to be there same time, let me know, drinks are on me :lol:

will be interested on any updates from anyone out there before us.
this is a great site, long may it continue.
will of course post report on our return.

dee
Steve, lets us know what you think when you get back, hope you have great time.
do you know which hotel's facilities (next door) that you are using?
dee
Dee

Not sure which hotel they have arranged with, I'm sure from other postings that the work will be done with minimal distruption to us.

I will post a full report on here as soon as I am back, I will also post photo's of the resort etc on the web as well for all to see... I have uploaded some that were sent to me by Stevie from his visit which I'm sure he won't mind me using.

http://www.stevegale.co.uk/egypt

Steve
be my guest!!!! the only reason why i haven't done it , is because i don't know how to!!!!! :roll:
hi lou
the sand is quite sharp but there is soft parts just be careful with your little one,they have swings and a play area on the beach. we had my 8 year old sister with us but she did not use any of the playing facilities only the swings,table tennis & pool. They have kids room were they play and do stuff with a member of the animation team who are great with kids because the love being round children so it should be ok for your 6 year old. :D
:D
Photos look great, counting the days til' we go!
Look forward to hearing how it was when manxman gets back. 8)
We are looking at going for a week towards the end of next month. Anybody heard anything more on the building work. There was only this hotel and the Hilton Shark Bay that we thought looked any good, my agent has told me that there is a new pool being built at the Hilton Sharks Bay and now it looks like we are back to the drawing board again if there is work going on here :cry:

Anybody any other ideas?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.