Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Building Work
1176 Posts
I here the beer and spirits are not up to much can anyone help
Calv

They only have one beer which is actually a lager in the hotel and that is called Stella but nothing to do with Stella as we know it, it's easy to drink and I didn't have any hangovers with it.

The spirits are local, brandy, vodka, rum etc are course compared with the imported and they get you drunk again without to much ill effect and don't taste too bad at all plus they give you large measures compared to the imported, we upgraded so mostly drank the imported but these are only available at the main bar in the reception all other bars only have the imported.

Hope this helps

Steve
Hi Folks

Looking for any tips you can give me, we are off to the LTI Grand Azure in November. What's the weather like? Do they provide beach and pool towels? Is it chilly in the evenings? Many British tourists? Sorry for all the questions! Woul value your comments :D
Hi Fergy
We are going on 23rd June from birmingham is this when you are going?
We are taking 3 kids 12,13,15.
May be they can meet up ?

Marg
hi marg
were traveling from manchester on 27th june
sure we will see you there

fergy
Thanks for the info Steve. :D

I am so pleased I found this site as I was a bit worried about our choice. I will certainly post my review on my return.

Tracey
Does anyone know anything about swimming with the dolphins?
I have seen a report on a sky travel programme which featured this, but there is no mention in the excursion list Steve kindly shared with us. (well done Steve all your info has been great)

Any info on how to book costs etc would be appreciated.
Hi All
Going to the Grand azure on the 26 Feb for 2 weeks with the wife and 4 year old son. Wondering how much the taxi from the airport to hotel is and what the family rooms are like. also any info on the upgraded wrist bands
thanks
rob
Hi Barbara,

In Sharm there are some "bred in captivity" dolphins which you can swim with in a swimming pool type environment which is called Dolphinella.

My wife and daughter went and wished they hadn't, as the animals "don't look happy" (my wife's words).

You can book through you TO in resort and the price seems to be between £50/65 depending on the company.

Regards,

Roger.
Seka,

Read back a few pages on this post, it should answer your questions on the wrist bands and rooms, not sure about the cost ffrom the airport though.

ta
TAXI
The cost of a taxi from the airport to the hotel would be no more than £3 as it is half way between the hotel and Nama Bay which costs about £5, they will try to charge you 100 egyptian pounds but offer them 20 and don't take no for an answer, just make out you will try someone else and start to shut the door or walk awy and they will do it.

MAKE SURE YOU USE A BLUE AND WHITE TAXI as these are licensed.

WRIST BANDS
We paid $15 per person per night, see my earlier article...

Regards

Steve
steve

Thanks for the info on the alchol. what about kids drinks my daughters 8
They have fruit juices, water non alcohol cocktails and draught soft drinks like sprite, coke etc other than that not too sure.

Regards

Steve
Thanks Steve
Much appreciated you took time out to give me info.
Regards
Rob
Hello All
I just want to tell you about the shambolic snorkelling trip we went on with Mytravel and their agent The Wave Centre. We were taken by coach to collect our flippers and masks which they had trouble in balancing how many had been given out. Put your hand up if you got a mask kind of thing. We were taken out in the boat and the first stop was for experienced swimmers only and by that I mean Mark Spitz although nobody told us that and we were told lifejackets (at an additional cost) were not required unless you were under 8 or over 80. We got in the water with only 1 guide for 30-40 swimmers. Anyone with any problems with masks etc was quickly left behind. Someone drowned on the trip.
  • Edited by Macca 90 2006-02-17 11:45:03
:P Hi me my wife ( in a wheel chair ) and my daughter aged 11 are going in May (19th) this year. Just wondering if the place is really wheel chair friendly, the travel company assure us it is? Will my 11 year old have fun and plenty to do? Any other tips would be greatly recieved. Thanks much.
Just got back from the Grand Azureon Thursday.

The hotel is fairly accessable for Wheelchairs. This complex is vast and slopes from the reception to the beach there are lots of steps, with ramps at some places, Some looked quite steep, There is also a road down each side of the hotel where a train does a circuit about every 30 mins. Will post a more thourough review later.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers
Roy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.