Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
could you please let me know if there are three proper beds in each room or is one a camp bed ? and are the rooms very spacious
thanks diana
:) Iknow that in recent posts it has been said that they entertainment is not up to much but is it enjoyable for the kids? Are they entertained well?
:P anyone going in may? maybe see you there?

Edit please do not post in phone style text on the Forum Briar
:lol:
Hi am going to Grand Azure 11th April - which is Essex Schools Easter Holidays with son (12) and hubby. Son is doing is open water referral with Werner Lau - the dive centre at the hotel as they have an SSI instructor. Anyone been with this dive centre offer advice.

MANY THANKS
K
The grounds of this complex are very well kept the gardeners are out every morning from sunrise cutting the grass and tidying the gardens, the only down side is when they irrigate the gardens it stink's.
Be careful when crossing the path to the beach as there is a place to hire electric scooters and bikes and they are quite fast there seems to be no people ride up and down with no regard to the pedestrians.
Did three days diving with the dive centre based at the beach, which is just a satellite centre for the main centre in Naama bay where the dive boats leave from there is a courtesy bus which picks you up in a morning, Can't fault the service decent boats friendly staff, very good dive guides.
The rooms are adequate in size, we had a room with two large single beds, (or small doubles) with a fold up bed for our five year old, this was not used as the beds where big enough for two. The rooms where cleaned daily, bed clothes folded, teddies tidied.
The main buffet was quite good with a wide choice, some thing where a bit repetitive, very good omelettes at breakfast. Itallian, fish & Chinese very good, didn't try the Oriental (Egptian) but spoke to few who had and didn't recommend it but every one has their own tastes, so would have given it ago except our daughter can be fussy. Bedouin tent was quite an experience and worth a visit. For lunch Beach bar good for Burgers chicken, salad, chips etc. Tropicana near to beach for Kebabs & Fresh made pizzas from wood fired oven.
Heated pool very crowded All sunbeds gone by 10am most before 9am
Booked day trip by bus to Cairo with `sun n fun` in Naama bay, which was an excellent trip, £100 for all three of us, Airtours wanted £200. Pyramids and Sphinx are awesome.
Only down side was the Russians very rude with no manners or etiquette, but a good laugh for fashion sense!!
All in all very good.
BRIDGY - Many thanks on feedback of dive centre.

I hear there is a trip to Luxor Valley of the Kings, we did Gizza on an overnighter from Cyprus a couple of years back and would like to do Luxor this time but concerned at time/expense.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also anyone got views on taking Egyptian £/Dollars/Euros (for dive centre) or changing up there? Whats the best deal was going to get some of each before I left but thought I read it best to do it there?

THANKS
K
hi all.
im going in april and it sounds great.
thanks for all the info folks - keep it up, as its very helpful and reassuring.
anyway.
bridgy - was the day trip by bus to cairo good?
i thought about flying as i heard it was about 8hrs by bus?
any idea about trips by air?
any other trips worth taking?
tia.
:)
Hi Tia

We are going in April too, 11th to 24th when are you going.

Karen
Picked up from the hotel @ 2.00am by small coach, stopped at two more hotels for pickup, got to Cairo about 8.30.
First stop Egyptian museum, then lunch at a floating restaurant on the Nile, Next stop a Papyrus museum, (more an art gallery) Then to the three Pyramids @ Giza, you can go inside two of these, then on to panoramic viewpoint and a chance to ride on a camel (a bit of hard bargaining needed) then to the Sphinx, last stop was at a perfume house.
Had an English-speaking guide all day, along with an armed tourist policeman. Got back to hotel about 11pm. A long day but well worth it
Take your own breakfast; you can pre book a breakfast box from the hotel.
This was one of the highlights of the holiday for our five-year-old daughter. She now understands what poverty is!
Can anyone advise me how a Junior Suite at the Grand Azure differs from a Family Room and does it entitle guests to a green band or is that just the one bedroom suite? Also does the hotel have its own website - I haven't been able to find one with the usual searches. Many thanks.
Wow, this is fantastic, all the stuff I ever wanted to know about my upcoming family holiday in July to Azure in one place. I'm off to trail through all these posts. Can't wait!
Grand Azure comes under Tropicana Hotel group

Also if you search Werner Lau they have a the dive deal at the Grand Azure and you can see pictures.

http://www.wernerlau.com/egypt/grand.uk/pages/grand.htm

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/En/Azure/Index.htm

Hope this helps

KAREN :wink:
hi Bridgy
great info for cairo trip but which tour company did you go with as one day is good most say two days
thanks Diana
Booked the trip with Sun n fun in Naama bay £100 for myself, wife & 5 yr old daughter, Airtours at the hotel wanted £200, for exactly the same, Newer coach perhaps!!
Dear Dee and Ali

Me and my partner are going to this hotel in may. Can you tell me a bit more about the building work ?
Also if anyone can recomend a good diving school for 2 very nervous first time divers?

Thanks

Carrie
Hi all

I have really enjoyed reading your feedback on the Grand Azure. Me and my partner are going in May for 2 weeks to celebrate our engagement. Also while we are there it will be my birthday! If any one can suggest something extra speical to do on the day or evening (so I can drop hints to my partner) then I would be more then happy to here from you.

:love
I have found this site very useful but i still have a few questions about this hotel. Are pool towels provided or do we have to take our own? Also what sort of clothing is acceptable for women? as an 18yr old i do wear shortish skirts and slightly revealing tops, is this acceptable for within the hotles restaurants etc?
I go on the 5th May and am sooo xcited and want to make sure i have everything i need.
any help would be great.
thanx 8)
Dress wise you ll have no problems around the resorts in Sharm.... and for that matter in the heart of Sharm, Naama Bay. All hotels provide beach towels.
Hi,
New Member,
First enquiry.We are going out on 28/3/05 For our Honeymoon,
can anyone tell me about the beach at our hotel for example, is it sandy into the water or do we need shoes, are there sunbeds if so how many.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.