Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Hi Steve

Glad you had a great time. What fantastic photos!
Can you tell me where abouts your room was? Also was it a standard room or a suite which entitles you to the extra all inclusive?
I am going in June with a party of 7 in 3 standard rooms.
THanks Marg
Hi

In response to the postings, we booked a standard room and when we arrived we were given a suite as they didn't have any standard rooms left needless to say we didn't complain....lol Our "Suite" was up near the top end of the complex near the main swimming pool about 1 minute from the lobby area.

Wrist Bands
We upgraded our wrist bands from Red to Green which cost us $15 per night per person and this alowed us to drink imported spirits, although they hold back on the size of the measures so you have to encourage them to pour in more which they do with little fuss and you also have to sign for the imported as they want to make sure that they arn't giving them to everyone.

They don't have and imported beers only spirits.

As well as the alcohol, you get to use the Executive lounge 24hrs a day which have english newspapers, you can have omellette, steak etc for breakfast and at any time can pop in for a snack which include smoke salmon and caviar, cakes buscuits, cheeses, meats etc...

There were a few other things that you get but when we go again we probably won't bother to upgrade.

The staff were very friendly but not in a sleasly way, we sat in the lobby area in the evenings and the waiters walk round constantly clearing the glasses asking if you want anything although can be slow returning with the drinks and sometimes never materialising. I went to the bar myself most of the time as it was quicker and toi make sure they gave me the good stuff.

Steve

Steve, your photos are great, we are off the Grand Azure on 24th Feb, counting down the days now.
Looks fab. Seems no worries about building works then?
Was the weather fairly hot? Any of the pools heated outside
Were the scooters near resort, look fun, did you have a go?
Sorry, loads of questions.
D
Hi

The weather on the first day was cloudy and not too warm but then got hotter every day and by the time we headed back it was about 26C, if you want to check the 10 day forecast use this link.

http://uk.w3.weather.com/weather/local/EGXX0018?x=0&post=post&letter=S&code=code&y=0

Trips
We did two trips, both booked through Fisrt Choice the fist was a hike up to the top of Mount Sinai to watch the sun rise, we were picked up from the hotel at 10pm for a 3hr minibus/coach ride to St.Catherines Monastery we then had the choice of walking the full 7K to the top or doing the first 5K on a Camel for £10 which was a great experience going up the mountain in the dark.

We then had to walk the last 2K up very steep/icy steps to the top again in the dark using tourches given to us by the guide. At the top we watched the sunrise over Egypt, although it was a great experience it was freezing cold and the Rep had said wrap up but did not prepare us for the extreme cold. Once the sun had risen and we started back down it was very pleasant and we had breakfast and then went around the monastery as it opened before all of the coaches start arriving with people just coming to see the Monastery... Cost £39

The 2nd trip was a boat trip to RAS Mohammed national park, we spent about an hour sailing out to the furthest point then went snorkelling for about 45mins with the instructors of the boat, we then sailed back for about 1hr snorkelled for 45mins had lunch provided on board which was really nice, then cruised back a bit closer and snorkelled again for 45mins just off Nama Bay..... We were dissapointed with the fish as there are 30 times more fish at the reef at the end of the Jetty by the Hotel however it was and excellent day out and we did get to see some dolphins... Cost £29

As well as these there were about another 8 trips that First choice offered including overnight trips by plane to Cairo to see the Pyramids which was about £180.... I will scan in the trip brouchure this week, for now I have scanned in the Trips Itineray & price list.

http://www.stevegale.co.uk/grand/trips.jpg

Steve
:D

hi Steve,

Thanks v much for the info, it sounds great - especially sun rise trip.
Dee
can any one tell me the dress code for the evenings im off to the grand azure in july with the wife and daughter aged 8

Id also like to thank steve for his pictures was worried about some of the bad reviews but these have definateley changed my mind

Thanx Mate :D
Dress code is smart, gents must wear long trousers in all dining areas, shorts OK for breakfast & lunch times. We are also gaoing in July for two weeks. :D
As promised I have scanned in the colour brochure of the trips offered by First Choice, the trips are accurate however the days are not that is why I scanned in the Itinerary & Cost sheet the other day.

http://www.stevegale.co.uk/grand/brochure.htm

The only bad thing about the resort is the Russians and there are plenty of them, they are rude to the staff so the staff love the English as we are polite. Also get used to them not queing for food etc they have a tendancy to walk staright to the front, however on a positive note you will have hours of entertainment watching their fashion sense or should I say lack of it.

Steve
Hotrodder what date you going?? we fly from Manchester 17th July.
8)
Good man Steve,
Looks like a fair selection of trips, will let you know which ones we opt for.
Dee
I have scanned in the Map of the complex as you will see it is quite vast.

http://www.stevegale.co.uk/grand/map.htm

For each of the restaurants you need to book them at the desk to the right hand side of the reception counter between 9am and 1pm. The only restaurant that we didn't try was the chinese as we forgot to book it but we found all of the others OK.

Steve
Hi Calv, fly from Manchester 10th July, will have a good tan by the time you arrive!!
Steve,

Thanks for map, really useful.
You will soon be official ambassador for hotel :lol:
Dee
Hi

I noticed in an earlier report men have to wear long trousers in the evening.
Is this manditery as my hubby never takes trousers on holiday only shorts and cut off at the knee trousers.
If he has to wear them can he change later for the bars or is it the same there as well?

Marg
From what I can remember it request trousers for the Themed Restaurants as they class them as ALaCarte, you can wear shorts in the bar areas.

Regards

Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. He will be dissapointed as he never packs trousers, and only takes flip flops and sandles he'll boil in june!! oh well never mind he will just have to grin and bear it.
Really looking firward to going now .
Thanks again

Marg
I have booked Grand Azure for 12th May, does anybody know if there is building work near the Health and Beauty building as some websites mention it and some don't?

Tracey
hi
we are going to the lti grand at the end of june
can anyone tell me what my three teenagers (15,16,17) can do for
entertainment at night.
many thanks
frank :?
Steve, I just wanted to thank you for all your posts, photos and other info, we are going out in March, and I feel like I no everything about the hotel now!!!!

All the best
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.