Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
lti grand azure
1176 Posts
yes it is... if you have booked family suites with your travel agent you will be in the rooms by the waterfall pool.......
when you get there,if you are given a red wristlet, you can upgade to green( free mini bar in room..beer- juice etc vip area for breakfast dining, and you don't have to pay for the imported drinks at the bars...very costly if you have them frequently!! )
we were green without knowing about it when we arrived
my e-mail address is on the bottom, if you send me yours i will e-mail you a couple of photos of the waterfalls pool area and the new reception
stevie
Hi Steve,

Do you know how much it would cost to upgrade from red to green? We fly out on the 9th and are looking forawrd to it even more with these excellent reports!

Callie.
we met a couple there who upgraded on arrival and if im not wrong it cost £100 each for the two weeks which is near as damn the extra we paid in the travel agent to book a suite cause they didnt have any ' rooms ' left!!
but please dont quote me on that, but i distinctly remember £100 being mentioned!!!
ENJOY...
Erm... maybe we won't be upgrading then! I guess you get the upgrade automatically if you book a suite?

Anyway, another question - does anyone know is there a laundry service? Quite fancy the idea of coming home and not having mountains of washing to do over Christmas!

Thanks everyone for all your comments, help and advice!

Callie (11 days and counting....)
yes again having the green wristlets has advantages... you get one free laundry,but it didnt seem to expensive anyway
:D thanks for all your help,was there any other trips you done over there?do they do safari trips or anything like that,im going with boyfriend for over christmas an he's all those types of trips. any suggestions? :D
TRIPS; pretty much you name it they do it!
we did quad biking in desert....very good
snorkelling trip on big boat.... again excellent
then there is the religous stuff... moses burning bush monastries and of course the pyramids etc
they do have jeep safaris but they are similar to thequad biking which is lots more fun
but basically the trips are based on what egypt has to offer just likeif you went to anywhere else in the world
steve
thanks steve for all your posts,really helpfull,can't wait to go,2 weeks to go and counting :D
Came back from here on Xmas Eve, all I can say is - WOW!

I have put a report on the hotel reviews, we had a brilliant time, mainly due to the friendly and helpful staff - they couldn't do enough for us. Our main reason for choosing the hotel was the range of restaurants and the easy access to snorkelling, so it was perfect - the boys went snorkelling every day while I relaxed on the beach, then a lovely meal each night in a speciality restaurant - I didn't want to come home!

There was a fair bit of renovation work being done, the health club was being upgraded so I think the sauna and gym was out of action but that didn't bother us.... and the area outside the old lobby was rubble when we arrived but transformed to a lovely garden area with plants and working fountain before we left - amazing! And the dolphin pool area was being updated, but the work didn't disturb our holiday at all.

And the arrival of the "Miss Russia" contestants a few days before we left provided a bit of added interest, with photoshoots and rehearsals around the pool and amphitheatre!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask....

Callie.
THanks Thinmum for such a good report.
Its so comforting to see so many pleasing comments coming back on this hotel when only a few short weeks ago the reading was dreadfull and I was thinking of cancelling.
A couple of questions if you don't mind, what sort of room did you have?
I have heard about some people upgrading to suites and getting a better all inclusive package wrer you offered this?
Where would you say is the best part to have your room nearer the beach or back by the reception?

Many thanks for your time
Marg :lol: 8)
Hi Marg,

We had "basic" rooms, as we suites weren't available when we booked, and we booked a twin and twin for single use. The rooms were in the older part of the hotel, which are closest to the beach, but were starting to show signs of general wear and tear. The rooms nearer the lobby are new so should be in tiptop condition!

As for the best location, we requested a beach view which is what we got, this was great as we spent all day on the beach. However we spent every evening in the lobby so a room near there would have been more convenient from that point of view...... depends what you want really! The waterfall pool by the lobby is fantastic, so if you're a pool person perhaps that's the place to aim for! If you e-mail the hotel before you go they will do their best to meet your request - good luck and enjoy your stay!

Callie.
hi everyone
just returned from LTI Grand Azure on 30th december. The hotel is gorgeous and is a very big complex. The food is lovely with plenty to choose from and the people are the nicest people you'll ever meet. They love children and can't do enough for you. I'll put a review on the hotels, I certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who's going and I would like to go back myself in the near future. Feel free to ask any questions :D
Hi, we are off to the LTI at the end of January and were just wondering what the weather is like at the moment if anyone has just come back
cheers for all the great reports we have booked up simply from what we read on here and are looking forward to it.

Gutted we couldnt get a suite but nevermind...

Just one question

Does anyone know the best dive centre to head towards, I know the resort has it's own, but I think I read on here that it wasnt that good.

Thx
Can anyone who has been to the Grand Azure give me any info on how "steep" the resort is - taking my walking disabled mum - she can manage a few steps but not a huge number. Will be very restricted in accessing pool areas, the beach, restaurants etc?
:D
Been looking at Grand Azure, and thought it looked great place to go.
We normally go to Carribean, but thought perhaps wouldn't go so far this time.
Started to feel really despondant as i started to read posts, but chered up more and more as i got to the end!!
So think i will try and book.
Hoping to go sometime in feb.
Can anyone who has been in last few weeks tell me:

Which is the best part of the hotel to stay in?
Is there any building work?
Is it best to book trips when we get there or to go through a company on web or such like? Would like to see as much of locality as we can.

Look forward to replies :lol:
hotel is very big as a whole but the complex is on different levels and although there is a few steps here and there i also do remember seeing a number of ramps dotted around so you should be ok
the new pool area has a gradual slope into the water, taking a while in some parts to get even knee deep so your relative will be fine. there is always loads of staff around if you were to struggle, but all in all i saw a few people in wheel chairs when iwas there (nov 2004) who seemed not to have any worries!!!

regards steve
Steve,

Any idea about the local dive centres and snorkling from the beach at the hotel?

Thx
the beach is excellent to snorkel from (unless you are a pro, in which case you might get bored!!) its a bit of a walk out there from the jetty but well worth it when you do get there...
our rep (thomson) steered us away from dive centre at the hotel ????? no idea why but they are on every street corner and not being a diver i would not know a good one from a bad one!!!
regards steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.