Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
The jetty is long. It starts on beach and takes you out far enough to start snorkelling. My hubby said it was about half a mile, but not sure it is quite that far.

Some people were walking out off the shore throught the sea. Fine if you are wearing shoes, quite hard work tho. Not sure whether it was good for the sea bed.

They were repairing it when we were there as some parts were a bit rickety.
You can walk into sea off the beach, it is really shallow for ages, hence jetty. We could see tiny fish swimming around our legs and the sea is warm.
the reviews on this site are fantastic , i hope the hotel lives up to its expectations ! i fly out 30th june for 2 weeks , can`t wait !

(nigel from leicestershire SEE YOU AT THE BAR)

SKULLY FROM NEWCASTLE
Hi all,

Me and my better half just booked for this amazing looking resort, have to say all i needed to see was the water slide and my credit card was out!!

We are flying out from manchester 24th April for 13 nights, be good to hear from anyone else out there at the same time (i'll be the one screaming down the water slide all day!!!) :P :P

I believe the trip to Cairo is fantastic, can anyone tell me how much it is to fly there, not sure about being on a coach for several hours!
Hi,

We are flying out on 17th April for 2 weeks.

Have been before, just over a year ago. Fantastic resort you will both have the time of your lives. Sorry dont know details about visits to Cairo all we are interested in is R & R. Hope someone else can help. Enjoy your holiday :D
w()_()dy

Hi we are there from the 11th April for 14 nights, so will probably catch you coming into lobby as we are leaving. I'll leave the room tidy.

Identify yourself, and we will try to look out for you on our last day and pass over any hint and tips!

Looking forward to meeting anyone else going, including Julianna and family.

Karen
Going to the Grand Azure in August and by viewing all the comments it sounds like a great place. Can anyone tell me if there are mini bars in the rooms

Cheers
Hod from Ryton :shock:
Hi All

I'm getting a little concerned at the amount of messages about drinking and bars :glynis

Of course I didnt book because it was AI (how many cocktails can I drink ...................... :lol: )

I dont THINK there is a mini bar just a fridge (good for water and milk for the tea/coffee) this is what the web site says.

Grand Azure Resort consists of 560 rooms including 32 family rooms, 168 Junior suite and 2 suites. All rooms are fully equipped with bedroom, balcony or terrace, own shower, hairdryer, kittle, full toilet with telephone, air condition, mini fridge, satellite TV, direct telephone dial and safe deposit box.

Someone whose been will be able to tell us for sure.

I'm a bit worried about the "kittle" and the toilet with a telephone but sounds good for a laugh :rofl
Karen
Hi

Thanks for the email address. It was the one I tried, maybe they are just having server problems. Will try again.

Thanks

Nicky
i am very heavily tattood ! hands ,fingers , neck , legs, arms
, chest , back ! do you think I will have to wear long sleeves in the restaurants? Also are you allowed to wear masks in the pools ?

cheers
Hi all found updated website and additional contact numbers/email

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/
Mailing Address:

Tropicana Grand Azure Resort Nabq Bay Sharm El Sheikh South Sinai, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
Phone Numbers:

Tel:
+20 10 170 10 20
+20 10 170 10 21
+20 10 170 10 23
+20 10 170 10 25
+20 10 170 10 26

Fax:
+20 10 170 10 60
E-mails:
General:
azure@tropicanahotels.com
Sales:
sales@tropicanahotels.com

KAREN
Hod.
In answer to your question, there is no mini bar in the rooms, there is a fridge so you could store your own but no point really as there is always a bar not too far from your room.
Hope that helps.

I just got back on Thursday and love the place.
Lovely blue skies no clouds but VERY windy. So much so at some there were goose bums!! Nights too were pretty cold definitely need a jacket, although I am told March is known for windy weather. (wich I'd known)The funny thing is when we went into Na'ama bay there was no wind.
The pools were absolutely freezing which made the only heated pool very busy. Mind you I did manage to take a seat at the swim up bar.
Waterslides are great for the kids - and adults.

There was a black flag everyday at the beach, which unfortunately put us off going snorkelling, which I was really looking forward to. On speaking to some people on the morning they we were leaving they had chanced it and didn't have a problem. Good excuse to have to go back again.
The jetty is still not fixed though, and we seen no one working on it while we were there. It's very unstable in some places we had to turn back as I though it too dangerous for my eight year old.

The food is fine on the whole as long as you don't want it hot.
Ask for a room overlooking the waterfall pool. We were overlooking the beach, the very last room in the hotel, which was fine but it's a fair trek to and from the main lobby.

There is still some building work going on but nothing too serious and certainly not noisy or disruptive. New properties are also being built either side of the hotel.

Overall we had a great time - loved the place!!
We will be out in 10 hours. Please any tipe regarding travelling to LTI with a baby? Any tipe regarding sterilizin bottels, baby food, etc? How about the suites are Ok ?

Thanks for any comment

Anna
http://www.tropicanahotels.com/en/azure/az_gallery.php?hid=7&l=1

It appears the site has been updated and there are MANY new pictures. I AM SO excited about going now!! It looks so nice!

Eek, just saw someone's post above, now i feel stupid. Excitement went to my head. :oops:
QAX
Dont worry about feeling stupid. I too am sooooo excited about going on holiday, the pictures look delicious!!!!

I still cant get any response from either email address. Has anyone else managed?

Hope you have a good holiday

KAREN et al
I too cannot get a reply from that e-mail address. Quite tedious really, would have expected one... they might only check it every so often.
Hi, myself and my partner are staying at the Grand Azure for a week this May. No concerns whatsoever, and know roughly what to expect after reading some of your valuable reviews.
Just a couple of questions that no-one else seems to have asked:
1) is there a readily available supply of safe bottled water, and where can we get this from?
2) what factor suncream is recommended for a young(ish) couple hoping to get a nice tan without being burnt to a cinder! ;-) Any ideas on temperatures would be a great help too, as would knowing the hottest time of the day to escape the heat.
3) no-one's mentioned much about tipping for service - do the Germans/Russians/Italians etc tend not to tip? - would we on the whole get better service by doing so, or if I get the other half to smile sweetly would that have the same effect? ;-)
Finally, anyone else going around this time who may like to discuss experiences?

Many thanks for any advice
Skully
when in july you going ?? are any of your kids girls as we have a 9 yr old daughter and are worried that there wont be many kids there for her to play with we fly out on the 17th : :lol:
hi mate..............

suncream.. i went on sunbed for a few weeks prior to leaving and started on f25 then went gradually smaller over two weeks until i ended up on f8 for most of last week of holiday and ended ur with fantastic tan which stayed around for quite a while after i got home!! (as opposed to burning, which i normally do in that sort of sun)

water... is literally everwhere, in bars, in restaraunts etc you simply ask for however many bottles you need and they simply pass them over to you ...only a suggestion from personal experience don't drink it freezing cold all the time as in my opinion this can cause stomach upsets!! we used to take a couple of bottles back to the room each time we went back from bar or eating somewhere and soon built up a nice stockpile and simply drank it at room temperature and never had a problem!!

regards
stevie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.