Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I think you can expect temperatures from 33ºc - 40ºc during the the day in July and the water to be around 28ºc. Will be very warm!
Grand Azure comes under Tropicana Hotel group

Also if you search Werner Lau they have a the dive deal at the Grand Azure and you can see pictures.

http://www.wernerlau.com/egypt/grand.uk/pages/grand.htm

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/En/Azure/Index.htm

Hope this helps

KAREN
hey i am going to the LTI Grand Azure on the 5th may from bham. I Was just wondering if beach towels are provided at the hotel as i dont want to bring any if i do not need to. Also within the hotel what sort of dress code is suitable for women? thanx :D
expect temperatures into the 40's in July and very little shade, suggest like us you take a parasol of some type or sun shade tent for the kids, we are going on the 10th of July, stock up on sun creams!!! Nigel
Hi

Is that right there is very little shade. Iam going end of june and always need some shade in the afternoon are there any parasols by the sun beds or not?

Thanks Marg
just a quick question to anyone whos been to the grand azure. whats the beach like? :)
:D :D
We returned from grand azure last friday after a fantastic two weeks.
Hotel is excellent, staff are fantastic - nothing is ever too much trouble and they love the british.
Large complex with plenty of space. There is one outdoor heated pool within the very large pool. The other pools are a bit on the cool side, but reckon within a month or so they will heat up along with the weather. The sea is bearable, not too cold.

The place is spotless with round the clock cleaning everywhere. They are just finishing two more pools near the beach, and an arcade of shops outside the hotel

Food in main buffet restaurant plentiful and good, can becomea bit repetitive, but with the chinese, oriental, italian and seafood restaurants there is plenty of choice. These restaurants are excellent.

You can be waited on hand and foot if you so desire, with towells and drinks placed wherever you want them. indoors and outdoors.

Cant think of a single negative comment we could make about the place.

Sharm airport leaves a bit to be desired - organised chaos!
So patience is a must, particulary on departure.
Shopping in markets and Namma Bay is not for the faint heated, vendors are everywhere, and if you dont like constantly being approached to enter there shops or look at their wares - don't go.

Quad biking good fun, not suitable for kids though.

2 day trip to Cairo, (we booked thro First Choice) was amazing. Masses of history and facts, very busy and lots to see, involves a lot of travelling by coach, not suitable for kids. The guide was brilliant, knew so much and was so enthusiastic, even though he must do this day in day out. We were lucky to have two reps with us as well, so we were very well looked after. If you aren't interested in history or culture, might not be the trip for you.

Visit the jewelry shop within the hotel - there are four great guys in there, we had great fun with them, playing dominoes whilst learning about Egypt.
They also have some lovely things to buy!!!!!!!!!
Hia

We have booked to go in June and I cant wait!

I have read all about the wristbands and upgrading etc - could anybody tell me what room type is automatically upgraded? Our paperwork says we have a 'superior' room - has anyone else stayed in one of these? What are they like, and do you just get the basic wristband unless you upgrade?

Also, one other quick question, what injections did you have to have and how long before should I get them done?

Thanks for your help!
From what we could see and comments made, the only benefits from upgrading is that you get your own executive lounge for breakfast and drinks, but that isolates you from others to a certain extent.
Room a bit bigger i think, but how much time do you spend there?
We didnt have any injections, and no problems with stomachs.
Thanks for your reply weddinglady.

So when you arrive, if you pay to upgrade do they automatically allocate you a bigger room?

Do you know what the 'superior rooms' are like? This is what we already have booked - didnt get any choice the travel agents just told us that was the room type.

Also, if anyone knows what colour wristband that room gets I would be grateful.

No injections? I have heard that you need them, but will think again now you have said you didnt.

What about the dress code in the restaurants? Do men have to wear trousers, or are jeans ok?

One other question, did you get a visa?

Thanks again and grat to hear you enjoyed it.
Just to help you out on the injecton front I have just been and had mine carried out - last week in fact. HEP A and Typhoid. My doctor encouraged me to have these and the normal polio and tetnus need to be upto date. I think this is mainly at your own discretion but I see it as better safe than sorry. Also Malaria tablets are not required.

Hope this helps you make your decision.
Hi

Upgrades get a green wristband instead of red.

We had a family room, although only two of us. We got a kingsize bed plus two singles, being seprated from our bed by glass/wood partiton. Both sides of room had own dressing table, bed tables, lights etc.

Think the superior room also has a lounge area.

But our balcony was good size as was the room, so plenty of space.

Talking to people, no one seemed to have had injections.

We did get visa as we wanted to do trips, and thought it best to save any problems later on.

If you go to Cairo, you def need visa as they get on coach and check at check point.

Restaurants - no shorts. There were men and women in jeans on evenings. Some folks did wear shorts, but it was frowned upon.
Day time no problem.
In answer to the beach question I understand it to be very good, no access to the sea off the beach as it is a coral reef, you have to use the jetty, very long but worth it i'm told.
see pics at http://www.tropicanahotels.com/En/Azure/Gallery.htm

I would like to know from anyone who's been latly can you upgrade your room either before you go or when in resort? we could only get a standard room, 2 adults and 2 children - thats all that was available from our tour operator

many thanks. Nigel
Weddinglady:

Can you help me out and tell me if I am correct that there is a swim up bar? I posted this a while back on the forum to no reply. Just wanted to know if it will be open in April as some places shut them down at different times of the year.
The beaches are lovely and there is a bar on the beach and obviously palm trees plus also parasols if you dont want to sit in full sun. We too were encouraged to have all the injections and did just to be on the safe side.
thanks nigel and julianna :)
Ooh, how long is this jetty then that takes you to the sea? I'm guessing the jetty connects to the beach where the sea is?
:D
Yes there is a swim up bar in main pool, also think there is one in one of the other pools.
Plus bars at every pool, terrace, beach plus lobby.
In fact you dont have to go far to find a drink!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.