Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Following my last post on the previous page, folks, I thought I'd better check the time of our return flight. 23.05! I don't know what possessed us! :duh On the plus side, it's like a whole day we get at the resort. On the negative, my v tired youngest will be a nightmare!
Also, I don't know whether or not LW will give us our room for that long.
Any ideas, peeps?
Thanks xx
hi,

there are no Bugs going around - hand gel is at every entrance to the restaurants and in all toilets too !!

Same food menu plus they just do KFC chicken legs ( no other KFC products ) in the marina Restaurant.

if your Accomodation is in the residence then you should have room for all 5 of you ( 2 single beds 1 double sofa bed and room for cot )
Try looking on Flixtrip.com :offtop they are also part of TC but mix n match your flights but then its not a package but a DIY holiday.

If you want to go to the Fetyia market on Tuesday go with TC reps is £9 per person and you leave at 9am and back by 3.30pm - a good day out - Mc D's is on the corner so you can even keep the kids happy and its not badly priced either !! but dont forget the markets goods are all fake and bartter with them.
have a great time and tell us what you think
gregg
Will do, thanks Gregg xx

oh, we're in the Village btw.
What category of room is on your invoice? There's more than one type of family room
Hi all

Has anyone used the new magic card that gives you an all inclusive option I see that its 18 euro per adult and 9 euros for under 18s.
Could you tell me if this includes all beers and spirits, as we all know they are not on the cheep side. normally I take my own spirits but this would save having to be super sneaky.

thanks
hi

the new magic card is 18 / 19 euros per adult, however if there are 2 adults or 3 adults in your room each adult must pay for one each - you cannot have just one card - every one in that room must have one including the children and yes it covers all if not most of the spirts and ice creams and tea/ coffees, it great if your drinkers and its 2 adults you can save a lot but work out how much you spen on drink each day !!! then your laughing

gregg
Hi Everyone,
Awesome thread - a lot great info here.

Has anyone been recently that could comment about the prices? I found a post from 2009 but assume prices may have changed since then?

My wife and I don't drink much so it's really down to stuff like: bowling, cinema, archery, and the video game room. I'm making a safe assumption that the hammam will be a lot cheaper in Fetiye than on the resort.

Stupid question, can I assume the water park is free? Sorry, had to ask. :)
Thanks everyone!
The waterpark is free as is the archery and the cinema. The vidoe games and the bowling cost - sorry - don't know how much as not my thing. Also don't know about the hammam - remember to factor in the cost of a taxi
If you want to save on taxi costs, rather than going to the hamman in Fethyie I am sure there are a couple in Olu Deniz.
hello all ,
anyone going this year ? i'm thinking about it but looking at flight times & prices seems thomas cook are running the place
Not this year Gregg although wouldn't mind going back sometime.

I thought Thomas Cook always had a stranglehold on it, I went with Airtours but they are just part of TC and I have seen it on the Direct Holidays site & Thomas Cook Style I beleive - I suppose it depends on how they market it for this season.

Who did you go with last time? Could you get a deal by booking a flight and then booking direct with Lykia, less security of course but they might send you offers due to being a repeater.

Doe :sun2
hi Doe,
last year it was a late booking - booked it sat and went wednesday !! booked it tru TC shop and went with TC in resort but they only had a late flight so it was done thru flexitrips another part of thomas cook but flight was with monarch - just found out yesterday for same holiday etc they want £1919.00 and for a package with thomas c its £1350 just for a week - looked on holidays direct and its £1200 - something but its a 7.20 flight out - not bad !! but the thought of going on thomas cook flight and being like a sardine and the service is rushed - with monarch for first time last year and was treated like first class - ok it wax extra leg room - but i buy that with tc anyway - will have to wait n see - not hoping to go until 25 june !!
Sounds like you had a good deal last year. I seem to remember that when we went I had an horrendous flight time out there, arrived at Lykia at about 3.30 am, but my kids were fairly old by then so not too much of a problem. Hope you get something, i think it helps if you have the flexibility to book last minuite like you did last year.

Doe :sun2
hi Doe,
found one at £1196.00 flying out 07.20 with monarch - ok so extra leg room will be on top of that but then thats the case with TC aswell, plus if i go thru my works with a ref number i'll get 11% off
now thats sounds like a holiday !!! :rofl
Hi Doe,

its booked, £1196 fly from gatwick @ 07.20 with monarch :hols :pele :pele :pele
Hello All,

MAGIC CARD....

Last year LW introduced a magic card pay 19 euros per adult per day( every one in your room must buy one - they dont let just one person but one )

This Year they have changed it - you pay 100 euro and they load 125.00 euro onto your card then you use it as normal as you would your room card. only thing is you have to pay this 100 euro up front - you cannot charge it to your room. think LW was caught out last year !!

any one else going 25th June ? :hols and what airport you flying from ? :offtop
Hi all,
We're off to Lycia world in July. With the kids 5 and 7. What's the kids club like for children of this age?
Thanks
Is it best to take euros to lykia world as the magic card price is in euros?
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.