Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
We have booked now.We phoned the next day and got it cheaper(2.7k) with better flights also.
Prices seem to change every day more or less.
Dave.
Hi

We're going back after visiting in 2007, has much changed?

Does anyone know if the Marina restaurant will be open, we go on 7th April for easter.

Many thanks :cheers
Dear pamplemousse, I'm a bit envious ...... I nearly booked to go this year but was persuaded by hubs at the last minute to try somewhere else (again) - this time the Voyage Belek. I've been trying not to think about it but your post popped up in my inbox ... I will be very interested to hear how you get on this time, especially after the problems they had last year. I really wish I had ignored hubs and booked it! Wishing you a very happy holiday - anicehol X
Hi anice, yes I remember you going just after me. I did see all the reports about the illness last year but figured it should be under control by now so didn't let it put me off. I have booked the Alba Queen for August, got a brilliant price for the 6 of us as I needed to go in the school hols this year, although not perhaps as luxurious as some of the other hotels we've been in but value for money should be good. I was looking around after xmas for a cheap Easter break in the Canaries or somewhere but price wise they couldn't match Turkey. Just had a glance at Lykia and got a fab price for the 6 of us for 2 weeks at just over2k - bargain - hence the unusual second holiday.

We went to the Voyage Torba last year and enjoyed it so you should enjoy the Voyage Belek.
We went to the VB last month. It is a fab hotel, even in winter. The hotel moves onto summer concept in April so should be excellent. We have booked to go back Easter next year.
4 more sleeps then we're off. Hope it lives up to last time and praying the Marina restaurant is opening, anyone know please?
Hi everyone!

Hope you're all well and that anyone who has been/is going to LW, has a great time.

Well, the reviews on Tripadvisor are definitely getting back to the usual positive ones of before, which suggests that the sickness bug previously experienced is (hopefully!) a thing of the past!

We're off to LW (Olu Deniz) in 2 months time. We're obviously very much looking forward to it.

Our wee girl will celebrate her 5th birthday there and at the time of booking, Thomas Cook stated this in our booking form. Does anyone know if the hotel is likely to take notice of this? It would be such a lovely bonus if they did!

Also, are the free washing machines still there? If so, it may not be necessary to pack quite as much for our big family!

Does anyone know if the kids' club is a 'sign up for certain activities' type affair, or if it's simply a drop off club. I'm not quite sure as to how it's structured.

I daresay there will be more questions in due course, but that will do for now! ;)

Many thanks x
Hi Lardylegs

We got back from LW on Friday. It was our 5th consectutive year and we're already planning next years return. The food and service was great as always. I saw an official looking lady at every meal time going around checking the temperature of the food. There is also an antiseptic hand lotion dispenser at every entrance/exit point at the restaurants for use when you enter and leave. We used it every time but there were many who totally ignored it. So the resort is doing its bit ..its just needs the guests to do theirs!!!

To answer some of your questions...

I think it would be better to mention your daughters birthday to LW guest relations....Im sure that they will do something special for her.....we haven't had much luck in TC reps remembering things out there (but thats another story!!)

The washing and drying machines were free in the Residence..dont know about the others.

The kids club is a 'Sign In' when you arrive every morning and they check the kids off when you collect.

Hope this helps.

Im sure you will have a great time.

CHW :smokin
Hi Lardylegs

We got back on Thursday having been there once before, five years previously.

Definately no sign of illness, the rep did say it was norovirus and as the hotel has been shut and thoroughly cleaned since the end of last year there was no way it could survive that long. As CHW said there is antispetic gel everywhere and notices reminding guests to wash their hands. Trouble is with buffet restaurants this type of illnes can be rife as we did see several kids and adults pick up food with their fingers, being either too impatient or too damn rude to sue the many pairs of tongs provided.

We did see a child at the Marina restaurant have a cake being brought out to her so have a word a guest relations, I'm sure they will provided this for your daughter.

Loads of activities on offer for the kids which do need to be signed in and out other than the teens. Age groups were Snoopies 3-5yrs, Jokers 6-8 yrs and kids 9-12yrs. The latter being joined if numbers were small. There is also a baby service but not sure on this as we didn't have use for it!

Anything else, fire away.

Happy holiday :cheers

Oh off to the Alba Queen in August and just had a letter from TC today advising changes to our flights. Gone are the dreaded middle of the night ones and hello to 09.15 depart and 19.45 retrun, yippee :sun2
Thank you both so much for your informative replies. That was most helpful. I will have a word with guest relations, re the birthday, when we arrive .... unless of course you feel it would be wiser to email the hotel in advance.
Thanks so much again. This site is so handy.
xxx
Lardylegs

The guest relations email is

groffice@lykiaworld.com.tr

The number is 09 252 617 0300 / 5555 (ithink the 5555 is the extension no.)

We have used them several times and they are excellent

Hi pamplemousse - Glad to hear to enjoyed LW again! Has anything much changed since your last visit? I'm really looking forward to going to the Voyage Belek this year but I'm going to price LW up for 2012 when the brochures come out and try my hardest not to let hubs persuade me out of booking it this time!

Lardylegs - I didn't think of asking guest relations for a cake etc when my son had his borthday there - I just brought a packet of candles with me and arranged 5 of their delicious miniature dessert cakes on a plate with a candle in each! A friend we met when we were there celebrated their birthday with a specially decorated cake with candles and the best seafront table reserved at the Marina. Table looked lovely with flowers and candles, different linen, decorated with flower petals and with bottles of wine on ice and bottled water already waiting for us. Can't remember how much the cake was though ...

charlieharrywag - glad to hear you enjoyed too! Any idea when prices come out for next year?? happy holidays everyone!
Anice

The adult area at the back of the Oasis pool (behind the Hamam) is being changed...dont know what they are doing to it but it seems they are making it into a more accesible area. They are also doing an ornamental pond down by the Marina restaurant at the far exit to the Residence. Apart from that everything appears to be the same.

Been trying to price up with TC but I think its a bit early yet. Trouble is our two 'children' will be 12 1nd 14 next year so the days of 'Free Childrens Places' are now a thing of the past for us so I dont thinkk we'll be getting the deals weve been used to.

Makes me die tho'....we pay adult prices for the children on the plane but you can only order them a 'childrens' meal and they can't sit in exit seats because they are 'children'.

Oh well...c'est la vie

hello peeps,

have they changed the adult pool on the residence side ? that was called the blue lagoon

on phone now waiting to book last minute for next wednesday - bad flight times but they have good ones for friday but its in the village ?

any other changes - have drink prices gone up this year ?

gregg
Gregg

The adult pool at the residence is still the same. They were doing some pipework where the had to dig up some ground alongside the pool but it was only minor and should be finished by now (famous last words).

They drink prices are roughly the same as last year..(Not cheap). :yikes

Good luck with your flights....if it was me and my family we'd probably opt for the decent flight times and the village. Cant stand those middle of the night flights...they usually cream cracker us for a couple of days and that can take the edge of the holiday.

Chw,

Thanks for info, this will be the 7th year running that we are going.

got good flights on wednesday 11th , TC were offering a 14.30 depart from gat and return was 02.00 thursday morning but got holiday and flights thu Flextrip.com :offtop ( sorry mod ) and its depart at 06.00 in morning with monarch !!

thought the prices would had either stayed the same or gone up, but then i take my own vodka - not paying £5.50 a shot over there !!
glad the adult pools ok, as we have not children its nice n quite, dont get me wrong lw is great for kids, bit let them have their space n us ours :cheers

2 sleeps to go

gregg
Hi everyone! Hope you're all well. Hope you had a lovely time, Gregg.

We leave in 4 weeks time for our first ever LW trip and I absolutely CAN'T WAIT!!! We booked this holiday aaages ago and haven't been abroad in years.

When we booked with TC, we were advised that a family room would be sufficiently spacious for all of us (2 adults, 2 children, plus infant in travel cot), so that's what we booked. A week or so ago, I had a call from TC to say that they had heard from LW who advised them that although they will set up the room for us, it will be extremely tight. My husband is still awaiting details from TC on just how tight it will be! Don't get me wrong, we weren't naive enough to think that we'd have loads of space, but 2 weeks like sardines might prove a little much!
As TC are the only British tour op for this hotel, you'd have thought they'd be a wee bit more familiar with the room types!
What are your thoughts?

ps I'm so relieved that the reviews on TA are returning to their former glory. No mention so far of that awful sickness bug.
oh and good on you for getting such a good flight time, Gregg. I regret now that we got flights for 3.30pm. An entire day lost travelling! Are there televisons on the plane? It has been so long that I've flown that I can't remember! Thinking very seriously now about how to keep our near 2 year old entertained and amused on the flight!
lardylegs,

If you post your flight details on the Thomas Cook Airlines topic over on the Flights Forum, i'll look for you. Asuming it's a Boeing 757-200, there's no inflight entertainmemt.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.