Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi ive just stayed at Residence and its great , Olu is superb as well
Is the residence suite have sea view on it.

Cheers
Shaz
We had a sea and pool view , the sea view wasnt that good , but to be fair its onlya couple of hundred yards to the beach
The suite is costing me around 750 per person. I am sorry to bother you but is sit worth paying ?

OR should I look any other hotel in olu deniz ?

Regards
Nobody can tell you if it's going to be worth it to you. People like different things in a hotel room. Some of the residence suites have sea views - some don't. You need to check with the hotel.
I personally wouldn't pay the extra for a suite. The residence rooms are spacious enough for me.
I wonder if Lykia World is the right place for you though. You say you want luxury. Lykia World isn't 5*, although IMHO it's got 5* aspects to it - the food - facilities for children - views and so on.
For true 5* you need to look elsewhere. Lots of luxury hotels in the Antalya area and a few luxury boutique type places near Olu - Oyster Residence?
You also say you want to get out and about, see cities and attractions. Lykia World is a bit remote and best value for a "stay put" holiday as you're paying for round the clock food and entertainment.
Lykia world is very isolated and I would say that it isn't for someone looking for an 'out and about' hotel, unless you permanently want to be in taxis.

You would be better off in Olu Deniz for that or as Bridd says the 5* hotel experiences in the Antalya region.
Hi Thanks for your replies. This has helped me to decide about the location.

Regards
Shaz
Travelling to lykia in couple of weeks

Does anyone have a contact email so i can request rooms together

Lesley
Hi guys lykia world has been shut down see sunday paper today for full details its due to sickness epademic, im actaully pleased hopefully they can work out what this thing is to open again for the summer as it was really out of hand when i was there 2 weeks ago we all had it and did spoil part of the holiday but would go back in a flash
Hip Hip hooray!! At last, this is what I have said all along that Lykia needed to do, this 'bug' has gone on for far too long. Can I ask which newspaper you read this in please?
It was in the People on sunday wasnt a large article it was more complaining about Thomas Cook still flying holiday makers out then shipping them to another hotel, but I checked and you cannot book at all for now or next year.
I made a complaint into Thomas Cook as all of our family came down with this and have recieved a legal questionaire for each of us which Im just sitting completing as we speak so there must be something happening.
Feel so sorry for the hotel and staff as its such an amazing place and would love to go back but not until this epademic has gone
Thanks, we were at LW 2 & half years ago and quite a number of guests were ill with this type of bug then, including ourselves and before we went I had read reviews of others who had stayed there and been ill but of course you always think "it won't happen to us". My husband was ill there during our first week, it cleared up but he was then ill again for days after our return home. So this 'thing' has been on going for years and I am so pleased they have finally caught up with it as LW is such a beautiful place but it has put me off going back for sure.
Hello everyone! Blimey, it's been quiet on here for a while ... time of year, I guess. Anyway LWgoers, hope you are well and a Happy New Year to you.
We'll be going to LW at the end of June and we're greatly looking forward to it. I trust (hope!) they'll have the sickness bug well and truly eradicated by then.
Anyway, one thing I was wondering: is it possible to go somewhere from LW to see dolphins in their natural habitat? This is something I've always wanted to do. I'm not a strong swimmer, but perhaps there's a boat trip I could go on??
Any information would be appreciated - thanks :)
lardylegs,

Dolphins are rare in that part of the Med / Aegean. It's unlikely you'll see any on boat trips. Fish life is poor in general really. I've been diving in Turkey for years and still to find anything of real interest! There isnt a Dolphinarium I'd reccommend either. Your best bet is a Caibbean holiday for that but be careful which ones you go to as I don't believe in such graceful mammels being couped up in small tanks. The ones in sea pens are a little better. I've been lucky enough to dive with them in open water a few times, it's a must! I posted a short video here.

Darren
I've been going to LW for years and never seen a dolphin yet. The only places I've seen them in the wild is in the Gulf Coast of Florida and around Scotland. I think there are dolphinariums in Turkey but I wouldn't support them.
Has anyone been to both Lykiaworlds and could compare them for me. I really like the look of the Olu Deniz one but the Antalya one is newer and all inclusive. Any advice appreciated.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Okay, thank you both very much. Geography never was my forte!
Hi all I'm looking for a little advice :)
I'm planning to book 2 weeks in LW in June but the budget is a little tight so I'm looking for the best deal I can get for 2 adults and 2 kids.Thomas Cook have quoted 2.3k for a small village room.They also quoted a village family room at 2.6k in the afternoon but when I got home from work,and had decided to book, it had changed to 3.3k.The small room dosent sound adequate to us. The lady at TC said some people book the small room then contact LW direct and upgrade to a larger one.Has anyone done this?Are there any alternative ways of booking as I only seem to find LW available on TC. Thanks.
Upgrading once you're there is V expensive. We tried it once and it was way out of our price range. Also, if they're full you've no chance. Last time we were there it was mid September and there were no free rooms at all.
It's a pricey holiday - no two ways about it. Good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.