Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Well done - good price. Only problem is once you've been it spoils you for everywhere else.
Hi All - a new reveiw has just been posted on tripadvisor saying how poor the aircon is and that its switched off from 1am until 6am - does anyone know if this is in both the residence and the village? Can you adjust the setting on the aircon or is it preset?

Thanks for any replies
hi,

the a/c is switched on from mid june until sept i think, there is a setting but only for how cool you want it, it is not a timer, whenever, i have been.... it's been on all night
Thanks Gregg - sorry to keep asking questions but what currency do you think i'm best to take - seems to be lots of different comments and not too sure which will be best - thinking probably to take sterling and some euros and turkish lira - i take it they take card payments at Lykia world?? thinking of going on a couple of trips and maybe doing a bit of shopping probably in fethyie and at the market so any advice would be great thanks.
Hi guys

Could someone give me a some rough prices for drinks please
ie: bottle of larger, pint of larger/cider, soft drink, spirits, cocktails, wine glass or bottle etc
I would realy appreciate this gives me a rough idea for spending money to take
whoo 12 weeks and counting :sun2
Hi

As anyone tried any of the treatments in the spa i quite fancy trying the hamman - if anyones got any reviews and prices that would be great

Thanks
hi,

the spa is very expensive, a male massage started at 70 euros, if your seeking a sauna, turkish bath etc your looking at 65 + euros then 18% vat on top when you pay your bill, have been told if you go into olu you could get it for 20 euros but make sure your with someone.... i would'nt want something to happen .... BE SAFE ... not saying anything would happen but you can never be too sure.
Hi Gregg

Thats really expensive i wouldn't want to spend that much as me and the hubby were both thinking of having the treatment so it would work out really expensive - is Olu Deniz a modern resort? as some of the older resorts have the traditional Hamman and turkish baths which are really good we went over 20 years ago for one near Marmaris - i wouldn't go on my own sounds like we may not be having any spa treatments at Lykia if its that expensive

Thanks anyway
you could say olu is modern, if its just you and hubby, then i would say go to fethyia to get one within the market area which is open every evening, see if the two of you could share a taxi with another 2 guests and the is about 40 euros return,

I had one in lw just because i wanted to relax n chill afterwards by the pool but it depends on when your going, i heard they drop the prices towards the end of season !!

have a good time and hay ... what the hell .... go on have one :rofl

gregg
Hi just packing as i'm off in the morning can anyone tell me if you get shower gel provided in the residence

Thanks
Jane, you get it in the Village so would definitely think it's the same for the Residence.
Have a fantastic holiday! :cheers
You get Dove shower gel in the residence
Thanks a lot one less thing to pack
Jane :)
One more thing do you think hubby should take smart long trousers or is it casual - i read something about a gala dinner but he doesnt seem too keen and just wants to pack shorts???

Jane
Hi,

just take casual, i wear casual with beach / leather sandels
Thanks a lot for all the info i'm all packed going to put my feet up for a bit now and start my hols - i'll let you know how we get on

Jane
Smartish shorts - not beach shorts - are what most men wear. That or chinos. There's a gala night on a Sunday. They have a dress code (optional) of black/white one Sunday and black/red the next. Lots of people join in but lots don't bother. Regular guests tend to, as they are aware in advance.
I'm back :( Had a fabulous time and could not of picked a better place to go with my hubby and teenage daughter - hubby enjoyed all the activities and didn't see my daughter she made lots of friends - it was beautiful and something for everyone the food was great especially enjoyed the chinese - can't think of anything i would complain about and all your comments were really helpful - already pricing it up for next year

Jane
glad you had a fab time,

you can help others out with info now !!

gregg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.