Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Your welcome, we;re just holiday makers like yourself but share expirences on here,

Ithink the room or suites you are talking about over look the blue lagoon ( adults ) pool, think they start 101 ground floor but in the lift as first floor and 201 first floor but in the lift as 2nd floor ... hope you know what i mean !!

They look great as i had a peak on a morning as i was putting towels out on loungers, I'd go for the rooms 201 at least no one can jump over the wall and into your room if you've forgotten to close your patio door !!

Phone up LW ask to be put thru to Residence reception and ask to speek to Narcume... ( she works mornings from 8am .... but they are 2 hrs ahead ... i call at 9am uk time ... so its 11am in turkey and only costs less that £2 on the phone well worth it). she is great, got her 200 cigs for helping us out. and anything we needed she got it done, .... I always phone her 3 weeks before traveling there and ask for the same room and when we arrive we get a great welcome .. all the other staff look and think :think we're something special... we always get great service off all reception staff then. but thats why i like LW ... the service is second to none.

Gregg
Hi - I'm staying in the residence in 3 weeks do you thinks its worth me giving them a ring before i go or are all the rooms in nice locations ? I haven't been before so not sure what to expect - There are 3 of us in one room any advice would be great - Thanks
hi

i stayed in room 758 it over looks gardens and the back of the recption building, its nice if you want to relax without the sun shinning in and peace and quiet when you get back to your room at night, some rooms you can hear the music from the residence pool area or even the village area which is a walk away.

i always phone them for 758, and the 2 single beds are comfy too

enjoy yourself ish i was going again.... only been home 2 weeks :cry

gregg
Thanks a lot Gregg

have you been in July before i'm wondering what the airconditioning is like as i'm getting a bit worried about the heat - i havent seen where any of the restaurants have any airconditioning either and someone commented that the residence restaurant is very stuffy - did you eat in the residence restaurant?? I can see the Marina restaurant is outdoors but should imagine its very hot a lunchtime - is there plenty of shade??
We like 717 and 719. They are on the cooler north side. Rooms tend to be either north facing with no direct sun or south facing with sun all day. The south facing ones "might" be overlooking the residence pool so not much privacy on your balcony and can be noisy.
We only eat in the Res for breakfast. We like the Marina for dinner, for the sea breeze. There's plenty of shade for lunchtimes.
yes, we ate in the res for breakfast, plenty of tables overlooking the res pool or gardens all open or you can sit inside one of the other section within the res which are closed in,

air con is good in the residence, take an old clubcard to but in room an hour before you return to cool it down, we left it on all nite and was fine

DONT worry you love the place

better still post me your tickets and me n bridd will go .... thats that sorted ... meet you at the airport Bridd !! :rofl

gregg
You're on :rofl

Now THAT would confuse them at the Residence reception
Hi I went to Lykia in July three years ago. Yes it was hot - just can't race around. Keep drinking the water and you should be OK. We camped out a lot at the kids paradise last time.

Restaurants don't appear to be air conditioned. The village restaurant has lots of open windows but hubby found this quite oppressive last time and sweated a lot in the evenings. We plan to make more use of the marina restaurant this time. Not holidaying with family this time so can do what we want!!!

Just taking plenty of insect repellant to keep any mossies at bay - sister in law said they kept biting last time down there, hence why we couldn't go down there.!!

This place is amazing - enjoy - I can't wait!! going in August this time. Can't wait until the time comes when we don't have to go in the school holidays.
Thanks for the replies - but sorry Gregg and Bridd afraid i wont be sending you my tickets - is there activities in the day around the residence or are they all in the Village pool?
There are activities around the main pool in the village, the main pool in the residence is for everyone who dont want the activites etc, then you have the water park but there is no smoking at the water park so be warned if you somke,

go on give us your tickets ..... you know u want too :rofl

have a great time .... i am traveling home today so as from tomorrow i will be able to give you prices on trips from LW as i brought home their trip booklet.

gregg
Sorry Gregg still not giving up my tickets but your welcome to join us!!!

That would be great if you could let me know the trip prices is there any you would recommend ?? I like the sound of the half day boat trip and the jeep safari have you been on any of these?

Is it far from the Residence to the Village area as i think my daughter may prefer it there as she likes to join in the activities where as i'm happy relaxing with my book

Thanks so much for your info its really helpful
hi,

as promised here are the day trip prices....

half day boat trip £22 adult £12 child
quadbike safari £45 adults only
Tlos & saklikent ( hidden city ) £30 adult £18 child
Dalyan £30 adult £18 child
Jeep safari £25 adult £12 child
Truck safari £25 adult £12 child
Fethiye market £9 adult £5 child
Rhodes £67 adult no price for a child given...... however i saw this cheaper if you booked with thomas cook rep
12 islands £30 adult £18 child
Horse riding £25 no price for a child given
Rafting £58 adult no price for a child given
Pamukkale £45 adult 25 child

the above are with EXCURSIONS which you book within the village area.

the distance between the village and residence is 2 minutes walk. if your child is a teanager then you will not see her all day... the security on the gates are out of this world ... they dont even let adults in without checkin they are staying there !! and as for a child they have to be with an adult... and dont worry no one will abuct her ... children are all over the place on their own .... thats what great about it..... they have a holiday and so do us adults.
just chill out relax and look forward to it ... but sign up for their friends card program.... fill out your details ie name - e mail etc and they give to a card ... this year you get points on the type of accomodation booked and what you spend and you can redeem them within 2 years next time you go.
so say you got 100 points ... thats 50 euros off your bill
i saved £45 this year !!

enoy your holiday but please come back to this site and give us and other new holiday makers your views and then your help others like we do.

gregg
Hello everyone! I still haven't given up on my Lykia lovin', and hope to get booked up in the next few days!!
Is it a crazy idea, if staying in Village, to request a top floor room? I remember someone earlier on in the thread saying that this was a good idea as it minimises noise in your (tiled) room, as otherwise you can hear everyone else walking around above you. Your thoughts?
Also, how many flights of stairs would we then need to go up (with our tired children!)? .... and would it be safe do you think, to leave our buggy at the bottom? I am assuming there are no lifts.

Does anyone know if the basic family room has partitions dividing up the sleeping areas? Not sure if I fancy a 'Travelodge' type family room (where you're all in the same open area) for 2 whole weeks!

We are real foodies! Does the hotel serve snacks between mealtimes and are these included in the price? I'm sure they won't be needed, but just wanted to ask anyway ;)

In the TC brochure for 2011, it says that in-flight meals are included. Did you know this?

Last random question: if our children are in the kids clubs, would we then have to stay on-site? I was thinking that it might be nice for me and my husband to do a trip for once. Actually thinking of it, I'd be worried/paranoid for the kids that anything would happen to us, so I reckon we'd play safe and stay 'local' anyway.

Thanks, as ever guys, for your help. I will let you know when/what we (eventually!) book x
hi,

cannot answer all your questions as i stay in the residence, but with regarding TC yes meals are included with airtickets :whoops :offtop however coffee is£1.50 and spirts are around £5.00, they also do a micro meal for around £5.00, my sister who is veggie had one and said it was very good value for money ... they do meat dishes too.
there is a "snack line" in the afternoon but it is not burgers chips etc but cakes n turkish delight,

think you can leave the kids during the day to leave lw but depends on their age, you need to check it out when there.
Thanks for the information.

Okay, today I did what I should have done from the start, and that was go into a high street TC branch (rather than all the call centre calls, etc).

I have a quote. We feel quite happy with it but I wanted to see what you think.

For 2 adults, 2 children and an infant it will be £3502. This is at the end of June 2011, for 2 weeks. TC have said it's an 'interconnecting room', but I'm a bit unsure about the layout etc. Who cares, so long as we get there?!

Do you think this is a good deal?

xx
Stayed in block t down near the adult pool at the very end of the village with sea view. We had one of the rooms that had a double bed and settee and the attached room with the two sofa beds, walk in wardrobe and one bathroom. There were four of us. Very quiet down that end. We were on the third floor, four flights of stairs up. Yes people were leaving buggies at the bottom. Don't know anything about kids clubs I'm afraid.
Hey lardylegs - Buggies left at bottom of stairs all the time everywhere you look. I prefer a lower floor room because there are a lot of steps to get to anywhere anyway so don't wanna do that last couple of flights to a higher floor room in the heat. We're foodies too - I like quality and hubs likes quantity AND quality. We ate so much of the gorgeous food at breakfast (including bacon!), lunch and dinner that we didn't need any food in between apart from the odd turkish pancake thing and the odd bar of choc or handful of crisps (brought from the supermarket in OD!) or a bit of fruit now and then - which I just took with me from the selection on offer at mealtimes and kept in the minibar.

That sounds like you have a good price - how old are your children? Online I've got two adults and one child for £3122 and two adults for £2031 (our party of 2 adults, one 9 yr old and two 16 yr olds) for next July. Very interestingly, it works out much cheaper for us to make two separate bookings for 2 rooms than one booking for 2 rooms. Go figure .... Keeping an eye on it though - if I can get it below £5K for five of us I might persuade hubs to book it now.

Basic family room - most recently we've stayed 2 adults, one 6 yr old, one 14 yr old and there is no partition, just a step down from the bedroom area to the sofabed area (sofabed separates into two singles). Obviously this is not ideal ....... but we're quite happy to endure (lol) because everything else is great (well it's only two weeks ...)

Don't know about staying on-site for kids clubs - sorry
Aww, thanks guys.

Hi Anice! My children will be aged 9 and 5 years, plus my littlest who will be just under 2 years old. The cost probably includes a free child place?

We have to fly from Scotland, so don't know how that compares to London airports price wise.
For £3502 for the 5 of you and for 2 weeks ... i think that is a really good price and for the end of june !! book it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.