Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Fridges in rooms?
1440 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks Bridd, I am really looking forward to it, only a few hours before the long drive from east anglia to gatwick, just hope checkin is open when we get there so we can off load the luggage and be free to roam the airport :offtop.

will do a post like i said on my return of prices etc for this year.... already thinking of going again in sept .... and i have'nt had this one yet !!
maybe we should do a holidays truths holiday .... what a party Lykia would have with us lot !! :pele :pele :pele
speek to you all soon

gregg :cheers
Hi Oscarben
there are minibars in the rooms. They are full of drinks and snacks which are checked daily and anything used is put on your bill. In the past we have asked for them to be emptied and they have done this for us. Haven't been since September so things might have changed.
The slides are suitable for adults. Too scary for me.
Thanks Bridd,we're just looking ready for next year,T.
Can anyone tell me if the teenage club has activities in the evening or is it just during the day and do you think the evening entertainment is suitable for teenagers?? do they have organised quizzes and games in the evening or is it mainly shows??
Thanks for any info
In my kids experience, the teenage club would meet up mid morning and go off and do some sort of activity - then they would often meet up again for dinner. After that they tended to just hang out at the bars, the beach, go to the show or whatever. It wasn't that structured.
The shows are cheesy but mostly pretty good. They also have live music some evenings at the beach bar, and sometimes karaoke at the residence pool bar.
Are you worried they'll be bored?
my 17 year old daughter is coming with me and my husband were going from the 9th to 20th July im just hoping that she'll enjoy herself hopefully make some friends she loves joining in activities and if the kids club is too young for her hopefully she will be able to join in the adult activities- do you think there will be many english there as its just before the schools break up

thanks for your response
There'll be loads of English speaking kids. The Scottish schools break up at the end of June. Let us know how you get on.
Will do we're really looking forward to it now just hope i can cope with the heat - thanks for you response
Hello! Has anyone found any good deals when booking for next year? Any info would be gratefully received - thanks.
Hi All,

well i'm back !! :cry

the weather was poor .... humid but only a few hours of sun but it will get better in the coming weeks.

nothing much has changed execpt the prices !! bar prices up by .50 euro .... vodka and coke would cost 7.5 euro plus 18% vat.

all water sports .... canoes and peddle boats you have to pay for now also paragliding is £110 then on top of that you have the photos or videos whichever you opt for !!

the food is the same as before bridd and the entertainment team have changed most have gone to antalya still the head one tho !!

show where very poor this year however the gala night was good it was red n black on sunday so you'll have to work out your dates for the other !!

if towels are left on sunbeds without owners they will be removed. but i never saw it happening and you had to be in the marina restaurant by 7pm or you would not get a table,

i have a full list of trips and prices also the price list for the spa but will not be able to give any answers as i am flying again to work tomorrow and will be home on 24th june so any date after that i'll answer any questions . there are new staff but still some old faces who did make the holiday ... also there is no smoking at the water park or anywhere in the residence or residence restaurant you can smoke on your blaconly

speek to you all soon

gregg
Welcome home Gregg. It'll be good to have the up to date info for people going out there. Sorry you didin't have better weather. The weather used to be so reliable in Turkey but lately it seems all bets are off!
hi bridd,

dont get me wrong it was hot but overcast from the mountains due to the steam coming off them !! sun was out but it was cool in the mornings and the pools didnt heat up till mid afternoon,

gota go must go catch flight for work

speek soon
That seemed a quick visit Gregg how long did you go for?? Can anyone recommend any good trips and am i best booking at Lykia world or in Olu Deniz taking into account the cost of taxi to book and do they pick up at lykiaworld and would you recommend anyone? quite fancy the Jeep Safari or half day boat trip but they do they do silly things - the last time i went to Turkey and went on a long trip they had a talent contest on the coach and I found it really embarressing - any comments would be appreciated

Thanks Jane
hi,

i only go for a week, half day boat trip from lykia is ok out at 9am and back by 1.30pm, never heard of them doing silly things ... you sure you wer'nt on an 18 - 30 holiday !! LOL :offtop :whoops

you will get cheaper trips in olu than lykia but ask bridd who she would recommend.

can give you lykia prices from 24th june when i get home as i'm away working at moment.
Sorry can't help as we always use Lykias own trips. I like to go straight from the Residence rather than have to pick people up or gp into Olu. Also find Lykia's own jeep safari doesn't involve any of the water fight nonsense. Have done the half day boat trip which was great and also horse riding and quad biking organised by Lykia. Can't remember the prices though.
Just to say that the jeep safari we booked through Lykia did indeed include water fights, which we hated, being boring people! So don't count on it having no water fights! We thoroughly enjoyed the half day boat trip though. It included drinks and snacks on board and we got back just in time for a late lunch at the Marina.
Thanks for your comments - do you think the safari jeep trip is worth doing? ive seen reviews on a gorge near fethiye called Saklikent and it looks beautiful has anyone been there?
Hi,

Can give prices on most of the trips from lykia once i'm home from 24th june, as i brought back all the info with me

gregg
We're there on the day of the world cup final is there somewhere in Lykiaworld that shows the football or would we be better going into one of the nearby resorts - best to find out in advance as the hubby won't be happy if he can't watch the final - not that i think we will be in it but you never know!!!

Thanks for any info
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.