Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
janeluvshols wrote:
Thanks for your comments - do you think the safari jeep trip is worth doing? ive seen reviews on a gorge near fethiye called Saklikent and it looks beautiful has anyone been there?

Yes, the jeep safari went there and it was lovely. All the places visited were great, it was just the water fights we didn't like. Alternatively, there are coach excursions to Saklikent Gorge, which is what we should have done!
Thanks Bridd - do you mean they have tvs in all the bars at Lykiaworld or in the resorts??
Thanks for your response mehmeh - can your remember if they did trip to Saklikent from Lykia or would you have to go in Olu Deniz the pictures look beautiful of the gorge do you think a trip just to the gorge would be a better option - my 17 year old daughter is coming with us i,m not sure if she may prefer the jeep safari as it might be a bit more fun and did you get enough time at the gorge on the safari?

You've all been really helpful with your comments on this forum - thanks
hi,

i was there 4 yrs ago when last world cup was on, they showed it on the big cinema screen in the residence and on the big screen out in the open in the village plus every tv around the bar areas had it on, so your hubby will be able to enjoy a drink and watch the footy will only yards to go to your room !!

you'll enjoy it

gregg

ps get to the bar before half time other wise you'll still be there when the second half comes on !!
janeluvshols wrote:
Thanks for your response mehmeh - can your remember if they did trip to Saklikent from Lykia or would you have to go in Olu Deniz the pictures look beautiful of the gorge do you think a trip just to the gorge would be a better option - my 17 year old daughter is coming with us i,m not sure if she may prefer the jeep safari as it might be a bit more fun and did you get enough time at the gorge on the safari?

You've all been really helpful with your comments on this forum - thanks

I'm pretty sure they offered both the jeep safari and the coach trip from LW. Both also go to other places as well. I think the coach trip actually visits Tlos (ancient ruins) whereas the jeep just did a photo stop. I think they both went to a fish farm and the jeep ended at the beach at Patara - lovely and sandy - and also stopped at a river for a mudbath. The gorge was the lunch stop on the safari and we walked some way down the gorge too, so yes, enough time. I think your daughter might enjoy the jeep trip more, provided you all know and expect the buckets of water being tipped over you! I don't just mean water pistols.....

If you just wanted to go to the gorge, you could get a taxi. it was on the taxi price list in reception.
Thanks a lot for that - i got my tickets this morning so getting excited :)
Hello again everyone! Thanks for the update on your holiday, Gregg, and glad you got back safely.

Went to the travel agent's today and they wanted over £5,000 for 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant (for summer 2011). Expensive! So much for my grand plan of booking it through a travel agent - I had thought that they would be better informed about room types etc. The young lass at the desk had never even heard of Lykia World!

So I've decided that online booking has to be the way to go. If anyone out there would be so kind as to provide me with a list of the tour operators that do LW, I'd be very appreciative. Which company is known to be the cheapest?

I defer to your expert and superior knowledge!!

Thanks x
I paid £2700 for 3 adults sharing a room in the residence for 10 nights with Holidays Direct going 7th July if thats any help - i was booking it on line to get the extra discount but called them with a query and they gave me a better price over the phone - only 3 weeks on Friday now until we go but have just looked at the temperatures and am a bit worried about the heat also reports that the aircon isn't that good - do any of the restaurants or bars have air con??
That's really helpful - a great starting point. Thanks so much, Jane.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday x
When i was there i noticed on the boards that hotels4u also go there and i've also heard that tulip holidays do too, but not sure of their prices .... i think you would then have to find flights and transfers yourself !!

wish i was going soon :cry
Does anyone recommend any of the restaurants that charge? and any idea how much they cost.

Thanks
The Chinese is our favourite. 7 euros rings a bell. Gregg should know for sure.
:( Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Unfortunately, I think we may have to go back to the drawing board re our holiday for next year.
I am finding LW a total nightmare to try and book .... and I don't think it's just my poor IT skills ;)

When I try and book online, the room category that I need (ie. a family room big enough for 4 & an infant) doesn't come up. When I then phone up, I am being quoted exorbitant prices .... that is, if the travel agent phones you back at all! Holidays Direct quoted us over 5 and a half grand for two weeks next year. There's no way I'm paying that for a non all-inclusive resort, no matter how good!

We're relatively comfortable, but I don't see how families can afford this as an option.

Rant over - sorry to be such a grump :whoops

xxx
Lardylegs, have you checked TC. I've just done a really quick check for 18 Aug 2011.
2 adults 2930
1 child 409
I free child
1 infant 29
online discount 235.76
Total £3132.24

Can't see what room category that is for and it is leaving from London.
Haven't read back through thread so not sure if that is the sort of price you were getting and what dates you wanted.
HTH
Aww Starry, you're lovely. Thanks very much; it was so kind of you to take the time.

I'll have to look into those dates. We're limited to the Scottish school holidays, and they are way stricter up here about kids taking time off school. I strongly suspect they'll be back by then.

Our departure airports would be Edinburgh or Glasgow.

xx
Yeah, just doublechecked TC website and it doesn't even come up with a family room big enough. The total cost of a room for 4 is already pricey! Might try popping into a TC store. Thanks again x
Hi Lardylegs,
seems strange you can't find anything. I just went into the TC website and did a dummy booking for 12th July - 14 nights ex Glasgow for 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant - £4384.
That's not too bad for LW in high season.
Hi Bridd. Hope you're well. Thanks for your message. Yes, I did the same thing but the problem is that there isn't a room big enough for all of us online. I'm sure the TC website only showed a room for up to 4 people, but there are 5 of us, even if one is a baby. It costs a lot more for the next room up, if you see what I mean. x
Hi again
as far as I know, the room that was on the TC website will sleep all of you as the infant doesn't count towards the occupancy.
If it was me with a family of 5 I'd want a cat 4 or 5 room but they are expensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.