Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
We just take Sterling but euros and or lira are fine. Basically they accept anything.
You can get cheap local sun cream but the imported stuff is V expensive.
Drinks are cheaper to buy if you are in Olu anyway but a special trip to buy them involves a taxi fare and your precious holiday time.
They used to do a happy hour at the bar around 5 or 6 and big bottles of water - and everything else - is half price. Not been this year so I don't know if they still do that.
You know that beer and wine are freely available at lunch and dinner?
Thank you so much Bridd.

My partner has a few more questions (sorry to be a PAIN)

- My partner has read about a gala night is there a dress code?

-Evening dress code for any restaurants?

-Excursions are they cheaper via hotel or thomas cook rep?

thanks once again can't wait to go ! :cheers
My partner has read about a gala night is there a dress code?

Sunday night is Gala night. Dress code is black/white one Sunday then Black/red the next. It's a bit of fun and lots of people don't take part as they didn't know about it in advance. The regular visitors tend to.

-Evening dress code for any restaurants?

Smart casual everywhere. No beach shorts or bare chests. They used to ask for long trousers for men but less men are doing this. Chinos or tailored shorts and a shirt or reasonable t shirt are the norm.

-Excursions are they cheaper via hotel or thomas cook rep?

Cheaper via TC but you get picked up first and the bus goes round all their hotels. LW boat trips go from the hotel pier.
Hello all , off to Lykia world in couple of weeks , any thing i should know ? we are staying in the hotel not the village
thank you :)
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
hELLO OFF TO LYKIA 26TH AUGUST STAYING IN HOTEL PART , ANYTHING WE SHOULD KNOW OR ASK FOR PLEASE
What is it you want to know? Have you read back through this thread? There's loads of info there and we can answer questions if you're a bit more specific.
Thankyou , just really do they do upgrades ?
Is the residence ok ?
Noise level in rooms etc etc sorry to be so vague !!!
Upgrades to what? You don't say what room you are in. The residence has lots of standard rooms and a few suites. Yes you can upgrade if they have a free room of the type you want.
Yes the residence is OK. (IMHO) We stay there. We prefer it to the Village. Depends what you mean by OK however.
Noise level will depend on where your room is, and whether you have a crying baby next door. You can ask for a particular room or part of the hotel by email.
Thank you we are in a standard , are there any rooms you can recomend please
Can I just respectfully say that I don't know how the lovely 'regulars' here manage to keep their cool.

I think it's fine and good to ask questions but prior to doing this myself, I scoured the thread beforehand. It's lazy not to put in a wee bit of effort of one's own.

A while back I remember someone asking a specific question (colour dress code for a ball??) and the information was on the page just before!

I feel the goodwill of some is being exploited a bit on here ......
How rude! Lardylegs is quite right and I totally agree that some of the very regular posters on here must have their patience tested to the limit by lazy posters who can't be bothered to read a few pages before asking the same old questions. And you can guarantee they won't be back after their visit to help others either.
Post removed due to content. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi people

I'm off this week to the Antalya resort for 10 days.

Just wondering if anyone of here has hired a car whilst staying at this resort? your experiences would be appreciated.

Also, can someone remind me the specific travel adapters for Turkey.

Thanks for your time
hawaywego / pamplemousse ,

can you keep things civilised pleased.

Darren
Turkey Forum Moderator
sORRY dude , new to site and this guy just started giving it the large one
Hi guys just a quick one Im off to Lykia in 4 weeks time and was wondering is there are wrist bands at this resort or what is the security to get into hotel, or is it that you just get a charge card any info would be greatly appreciated. This forum has been so useful for me thanks :tup
Hi Ronreg
no wristbands at Lykia World. Everyone gets a chargecard so you don't need to carry money.
I was going to say that the security is extremely tight and everyone on the complex is either a guest or a member of staff, but a post I just read on another travel site, suggests it's now possible to get a day pass for £60. This wasn't the case when I was last there but that was nearly a year ago. There are security guards at the gate and they are extremely careful about checking who gets in.
Thanks very much Bridd that clears a few issues I had up xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.