Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
Sorry, forgot about your spa question. There is a Thalasso spa which is meant to be fab but I think the prices are high. I don't normally mind splashing out on holiday but I felt these were a rip off. Others may think it's worth it so ask around.

However, if you go to the Hammam which is just past the adult only pool at the village end, you can get a massage there for a lot less. This is not part of the spa, which is run by an outside organisation. You can have a turkish bath and a massage for a fraction of the cost. I think you book this at the pool bar at the adult only pool. Maybe you can also book at reception.

The hairdresser's shop in the Vilage area is also not run by the Spa, and their prices are reasonable, for men and women. My other half always has a turkish shave and neck massage on his first day.
There is proper coke, fanta, and 7up available, but ditto mw with the fizzy drinks, just as a treat. Actually mine aren't that bothered by them and the eldest acutally dislikes the stuff.

You aren't allowed to refill your own water bottles from the fountains and they did actually put up signs on them whilst we were there to this effect.
just got back from turkey today and so tired after the dreaded night flight

im lucky as my daughter doesnt like fizzy drinks and prefers water, ice tea and sometimesl squash, none of my kids have had any fillings so far and my oldest is 20, so i must have done something right lol

hope you all have a good hol in lykia
Welcome back ellie-meg, where did you go this time, it wasn't Lykia was it?
hi

no not lykia this time we went to the lovely akyaka
Am I right in thinking that somebody suggested that you take pool toys out with you ie: Lilo's etc as they are very expensive to purchase within the complex or even in town.
They are cheap in Olu Deniz but really expensive in the hotel shop. I would take them with you.
I bought all mine in the UK for next to nothing and took them with me. I especially recommend an inflatable tyre ring to use on the slides.
Pamplemousse, where did you get yours from, we have just got back from a trip to Toys R Us and they didn't have anything. We normally buy them on holiday and leave them behind in the villa. I am contemplating a trip into olu after lunch on our first day or even a trip into olu in the eve when we get there.

What times do the shops and markets close in the evening. I think we will possibly get there about 7ish, so a quick bite and then straight out. Can always unpack a bit later.
Just thought of something else whilst out shopping. If you order a bottle of wine with your meal, can you take it away with you if you haven't finished it.
youre not supposed to take wine away with you but some of my friends did but had to hide it lol, if thats lykia world youre referring to, or do you mean in any restuarant ?

our post office has really cheap inflatables , some of the supermarkets sell them too
I was naughty and took the wine too :twisted: figured they'd only throw it away!

I think I got a good tyre ring from Instore, can't remember where I got the others from though, sorry, but try Tesco, Woolies, Asda, etc.

Sorry I didn't go into Olu Deniz in the evening so couldn't help there, but would imagine they stay open until late.
Kazd, most first time visitors to the area end up going to either the market in Fethiye on the Tuesday or to the smaller one in Hisaronu. Can't remember which days it's on. You can get inflatables there. You aren't going to need them on your first night anyway.
Oh well we don't arrive until Wednesday, I imagine they won't need the inflatables though with all the slides. Quite fancy drifting round on a lilo myself though!

Have just changed £300 into Euro's and plan to take enought sterling to get us through the visa channel and for the cab. Will pay the tab at Lykia with CC so hopefully that should be enough for any cabs into olu etc

If we go into Olu can we get a dolmus to Fethyie and what is approx cost.

Thanks
There isn't a dolmus stop at Lykia World. It's got to be a cab. Have you tried Asda for a lilo?
There are a few rings that are leant out. You can have them for one hour at a time
They have yellow rings in one of the pools for one of the slides that you can use and there's plenty to do for them so they wouldn't suffer without anything especially for the first few days.
Hi Pamplemousse, do you get free drinks with Al a Carte meals we are taking our own spirits and the we will get some coke and lemonade from the local supermarket, i also think whats wrong in taking your bottle of wine our wih you as all they will do is throe it away, i also might get a ring from somewhere before we go, also can chilren over 12 go on the slides as my daughter loves the pools and slides. Yours Janice
Bellingham

I imagine the reason they don't like people to take their unfinished wine away is to stop people ordering excess wine with dinner so they don't have to buy drinks in the bar.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.