Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
hi

you need to make sure you have a balcony, this way you wont have a garden room. we were there over whit for 2 wks and although weather was hot we didnt need the aircon, im sure if the temps do get extreme for the time of year then they might consider putting it on earlier
Hi thanks ellie meq I'm sure we do have a balcony, when I booked it I did ask and they said it did, but you know tour operators...you can never trust them :wink: Is it worth me e mailing Lykia nearer the time to request a specific area or to state that I don't want a garden room? We are 2 adults 3 kids, would they still put us in garden rooms?
You should have a confirmation or invoice. That will show whether you have a balcony. We were there in June and they had the AC on from around 4pm till around 8pm. It was fine. They will have it on when its needed.
Hopefully the confirmation will come today (our postie is always after lunch) as we just booked Lykia on Fri so havn't received it yet but I def look for that, thanks
you can try and make requests but sadly you dont always get the rooms you request, but as long as booking says balcony you should be fine. im sure the garden rooms only sleep up to 4 so dont worry
We were there this June and it was unusually hot. The air con was on 24 hrs.

I asked to be top floor in P block and got my request although not a pool view.
What a hassle our booking comfirmation came today and it only says family room, not what type nor does it mention balcony so I rang XL up and after speaking to some woman who didn't really seem to have a clue she finally said she would check with xl's accomodation dept who have only said it is a connecting family room, still no mention of the balcony, she said she can only request that for us. It is very confusing the accomadation layout at Lykia and now I am really worried we will end up with a rubbish garden room after we have paid the extra for a connecting room. I have read in the Lykia reviews that a few people have had hiccups with their accomodation type when they have aririved at Lykia. Nor really sure now or very confident that we will get what we paid for as our booking confirmation dosn't say otherwise. Anyone any ideas? :?
as i said previously im sure that the garden rooms only sleep a max of 4 , have a look on lykias website to see what rooms sleep 5 then it should put your mind at rest
Hi Twinkletoes

Ellie Meg is right take her advice she is an expert.
Garden rooms are the cheapest available and sleep a max of 2+2kids
If your booking mentions a family room then it is a minimum CAT 4 which is a really good sized 2 bed room they are really spacious even have a seperate wardrobe / small dreessing room we always choose these as kids are only 7,5,4 so want them with us.
From what you have said though you will b having a interconnecting room which has 2 balcony's, bathrooms, entrances and bedrooms sleep upto 6 then the next 1 is is same but with a sea view.
If you have paid extra you will get what you paid for.
Lykia World are not great at responding to emails but try this address he is in the reservation team and has told me he will deal with all enquiries as I have a website for lykia world.
aycinoren@impresstur.com not sure why it isn't @Lykia World but he seems to reply.

Either way you will have a lovely time don't strees you really don't need to.
Hi ellemeg, got back from Lykia World yesturday had a great time and the kids loved it, the only thing was their was alot of English people ill and i was one of them i dont know why but me and my husband has a infection of the colon and could not eat the food for two days, but otherwise we had a great time, we might go back next year, but if not next year the year after. Yours Janice
So glad you enjoyed yourself, bellingham, but sorry to hear about illness.
im also glad you had a good hol and you feel better soon,ive not heard of anyone being ill at lykia before. i hope you put some photos on the gallery for us, ive listed loads this year of all my hols lol
Hi Janice glad to you had a good time, very unfortunate about your illness, hope you recover soon. I go out on the 28th September for a week, my husband and I and our 14 year old daughter. Which block did you end up staying in? Were you able to get sunbeds ok and did you manage to get your table in the Marina at night which you were worried about. Also my daughter is quite shy and I am hoping she meets someone she can go to the teenagers club with, I remember you saying your children would like to go on the teenage boat cruise, did they do that? Sorry for all the questions.

Moira
Hi Jemajo, We was in block P with a garden view on the ground floor, i asked for a adult pool view on the middle floor if you want a room with a seaview in P block i would email the hotel rather than speak to them thats why i think i did not get the room i asked for as the reservations office canot understand english very well, as for the sunbed the first week if you ddi not get up bedore 8.00am you would not get a bed, but towards the end of the holiday it was very easy to getr a sunbed as for the illness is was either a airborn virus or we just eat to much spicy foos to soon we had some medication from the doctor and within 6hrs we was much better. Yous Janice
janice i did warn you that they wont give you requested rooms, even with my wedding party and in constant contact with the hotel manager via emails we didnt get all the rooms we requested so if we didnt for such a special occasion then i doubt many others would, but its worth a try i suppose. anyway im glad you had a good hol after all the worrying you did, so are we going to see the photos
Hi, Bellingham, glad you had a good holiday.

How did the spending go in the end, as you were quite worried about it before you went.

Did you have to spend much extra on drinks, in the end

What room layout did you get in the end
Glad you enjoyed your hols Bellingham. You seemed so worried before you went. Tell us all about it. Would you go back? Hope you're feeling better.
Hi W e spent a total of 350pounds in the hotel that included paragl;iding for my son and then a total of 500pounds shopping( gold centre and leather) the room layout was fine it was just where we was located, but you only sleep in the room as get changed at night , as their is so much going on you dont need to spend much time in the room, and yes i would go again but next time i would email them with my request, i think the big change over is the week before bank holiday as when we got their a total of 3500 guests and then on the 2nd -5th sept most of these people had gone home. Yours Janice
Hi Janice, did your children use the teenagers club and did they go on the boat cruise party with the club. Hope you are feeling better.
Moira
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.