Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
I think they would have been OK if they had eaten in one of the buffet restaurants as you don't have to show your card there and the wine and beer is freely available. The problem seems to have been because they ate in an a la carte place.
Thanks for that Mehmeh. That sounds fine now. Our flight is just after midnight. Its handy knowing we can go to buffet restaurant for our evening meal etc.

Moira
We paid in advance for the meal which was charged to our room
Once paid i would expect food and local beer and wine to be included
In this charge
All could get away with this at the marina or other general resterants
as you pull your own pints
And shout for wine
How they have got the bill for 31 pounds from the dineing area to the reception in 1 min is beyond me
Ha well not to dwell on this ,As we had another fantastick Holiday at Lykia world ......................Paul
Hi all wondering if you could help me. As i have said I am leaving on Friday for Lykia World, my flight is at 6.40pm from Edinburgh, dont know when I will arrive in Lykia. I have my Nationwide Flexi Card that I will pay my bill with at the end of the week. However, what other currency should I take with me. I am a bit confused with it. Should I just take English notes, or a mixture of English notes, Euros and Turkish Lira? What do you suggest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moira
We took about £50 in lira and the rest in English and that was fine.

Have a great time, I'm sure you will, I'm very green.
Hi bridd, elle-meg, W e priced up Lykia Worls last sept to go DIY next year and they want £3400 for 4 adults, priced it up this year and they want £2100, how can they put it up that much, i have priced it up with (FC, Thomascook, Cosmos, Thompsons) and the price to go has gone up arouns £1000-£1500 pouinds from this years prices how can they expect people to pay these prices, i have only got Airtours to price up as their internet would not give me a price for 14 nights only 7, the girl grom Thomascook said its the hotel who has put the priced up the tour operator, if i cannot get a good price after christmas i think we will have to look for somewhere else to go. Yours Janice
Janice, the Mytravel website is giving a price for 14 days.
My holiday for next August has gone up £800 since I booked it though. :shock: Mytravel were definitely the cheapest, not sure about now though :?
Janice I think you said you are wanting to go a week earlier than this year and that will make a difference because this year you were mostly outside school hol period.
i know a few months ago airtours were doing good prices then they put their prices up quite a lot, did you price it up with somewhere2stay.com, im sure there are a few other accommodation only sites that do lykia, you will need to keep an eye on prices as they can change quickly
Earlier this year myravel were doing great prices for next year but they have gone up a lot since then hence we won't be going next year. I'll be booking as soon as the 2009 brochures come out next time.
Hi Mehmeh, Lat year it was £3500 for the 18th of August this year its £4600 say day same flight how can they put it up that much, i might wait until 2009 brouchres come out and then see how much they quote, plus my son will not probablywont want to come with us has he will be 19 then. Yours Janice
Hi i Have just phoned their UK office again as this year the child age was 16 , they have now changed it to 13, so i cannot book 3 adults and 1 child, the cheapest price i have had is £4200 with Thomascook, i would rather pay to tek my children to Florida than pay next years prices, im going to have a last look after christmas to see if i can get a better price, then if not im will be looking to go to florida or mexico, we are of to the domincan rebublic in march, but the kids loved iot as Lykia world, but i said it would be better to pay to go to Florida.Yours Janice
hi
we are going to lykia with XL next week and have a village standard room but my confirmation does not confirm what this consists of, does anyone know if there is a balcony. We are 2 adults and 1 child and i think these rooms hold a maximum of three people. Are they really small ?
thanks
:o
you need to find out what category you are in and if they dont say balcony on your confirmation details then you might be in the garden rooms , hopefully you wont be as these rooms do get lots of complaints, i would contact xl and ask them what cat room you are in cat 7 are the bad rooms
Hi Florriepie, We are also going to Lykia with XL but not until next May and we have a family room booked but there are 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids) unfortunately XL are not very good at confirming the room type, we have contacted them lots of times regarding this and after a few calls we got the same invoice sent out as the one we already had, then again after numerous calls we were told by an agent (who actually seemed like she new what she was talking about ) that she could send us out confirmation that our booking was a connecting room but could only request a balcony, that was over 2 weeks ago and we have still not had any confirmation. I don't think XL have a clue what they are doing..or selling so I hope you have better luck, please let us know on your return what the rooms were like that you were allocated. Hope you have a lovely holiday :)
Hi
thanks for the info, have just rung XL - totally useless !! - girl i spoke to just kept repeating "its a standard room". When i said i was told when i booked that it had a balcony but does not state it on the invoice she just said "well it doesnt". She couldnt confirm or deny anything until monday when the accommodation people are in !!!!!! So will have to call back on monday but have just emailed and asked them to find out exactly which category room I have -
do you think its worth emailing lykia world direct ?

will let you know if i ever manage to find out :shock:
I seem to remember reading on here that Cosmos were the only UK tour operator to use the garden rooms (the ones without a balcony). So if you aren't booked with them, presumably you have nothing to fear!
twinkletoes you will be ok as the garden rooms only sleep up to 4 people so at least you know you arent in 1 of those rooms. its amazing that xl can sell this accommodation yet dont know anything about the rooms, thats terrible
Hi ellie meg, regarding the garden rooms I have seen in one of the tour ops brochures (may have been cosmos) that they do connecting rooms in the garden rooms?? That's what I'm worried about incase we get one of those connecting rooms, absolutely no joy at all from XL whom I have also e mailed today to try and find out what catergory room we will have, I also agree that it is disgusting that they can't give us a straight answer about what we have booked and paid for...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.