Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi ellie meg, I have e mailed Xl twice and all they did was to phone me back about the query and tell me we have a "family room", they just keep saying "family room" you would think their system would have the different types of family rooms that they sell wouldn't you? That is a good idea, I will try ringing Lykia UK office, see if they can make more sense! Let you know.....
Have just rang the Lykia UK office, the guy there told me to contact XL! What a joke this is turning out to be. He explained that here in the UK they only do up to catargory 6 rooms, they don't do 7 or 8 but when I explained how useless XL have been he told me I could e mail Lykia and ask them, now I'm confused as I wouldn't have thought Lykia would be able to tell me what type of room we have this early on (we don't go until May). He was trying to say we might get cat 4 room (one bathroom) but we have paid alot more money to have the interconnecting room with 2 bathrooms? I just don't know what to do next, I reckon it will be down to luck at the end of the day? I'm not so worried about getting the garden room now but more annoyed that we have paid extra for the bigger connecting room and might end up with the smaller family room if you can follow. :?
if you have paid for 2 bathrooms then you definitely wont have the garden rooms they only have 1 even the interconnecting, cat 5 have 2 bathrooms , cat 4 only has 1 bathroom, so i bet youre in cat 5 sleeps up to 6
Yes but ellie the trouble is on the XL site it dosn't say that we have 2 bathrooms, they just advertise 2 different family rooms at 2 different prices and I am assuming that we will have the 2 bathroom one as we have paid more just by looking at the Lykia site and trying to fathorm it all out. So thats what I'm trying to do, find out for sure from XL. They should know what type of 2 family rooms they are selling after all but obviously they don't
I have had a look at the XL website. They come up listing 'standard room, standard room,etc' then underneath they list the min/max occupancy of each room. Now against both 'family rooms' it shows occupancy as '2/5'. We have established that garden rooms sleep max 4, so neither of their 'family rooms' can be garden rooms in my opinion! Hope you follow my ramble and that it reassures you. :D
Hi, My daughter went to Lykia last year with xl holidays booked through their site and and her transfer and rep in resort were from Kosmar. Wonder if it might be worth ringing them. They had a family room that was on two levels, if you look on the Kosmar site they tell you all the rooms they do.
Hi If you phone Lykia World at the hotel they have a accomodation manager who will tell you what rooms have been allocated for you, but the only thing is they cannot tell you until 14days before you go, we booked 2 rooms type 2, but i phoned and asked for interconecting rooms but because i asked for them we have 2 rooms type 1, when do you go, or i would email them 14days before you go and they will email you back with the details. Yours Janice
Hi Twinkletoes,

sorry your having problems still , I know how frustrating it is. However, I also got a message left on my ansaphone yesterday saying that re my query they confirm that my room will definitely have a balcony, they didnt say what category room it was which is what i asked but Im happy with the assurance that we will have a balcony (or terrace). Although , like you , I have nothing in writing !!!

As we are actually going on monday I have to be happy with that I guess !!. Will let you know on return what kind of room we got and what kind of service we get from XL for transfers etc.
Florriepie, good luck and I hope all goes well on your hol :D Don't forget to let us know how it all goes!
hiya
going on monday - can anyone tell me if there are kettles in the room ???
thanks
No kettles in rooms.
Hi

We went to lykia in May with eclipse we had booked a family room that would accomodate up to 4 adults and 2 children.

I was expecting one of the interconnecting rooms with 2 bathrooms, which is what I am sure we paid for.

We did however get the interconnecting room with only one bathroom, which I have to say was more than adequate as we are a family of four.

We had the same problem with eclipse after several phone calls, no-one could actually clarify which room type we had booked.

We had a fab time and are returning next year. We have booked interconnecting rooms again in the residence this time and as far as I can tell the family connecting rooms in the residence have 2 bathrooms...I hope
You'll definately have 2 bathrooms in the residence. The interconnecting rooms there are just 2 normal rooms with a door between. Also you get a bath in each as well as a shower.
Thanks Bridd,

Have you stayed in the residence before? what is it like, we didnt really look round last time we were there
Hi Lesley
we always stay in the Residence now. The first time we went to LW we were in the Village but I would not stay there now.
The village has a lovely ambience, but has it's downside.
The Residence is much quieter. The village has lots of paths running through the buildings so you get noise from folks going past. If you get a residence room on the north side of the building its really quiet as it overlooks the gardens and very few people go there. I wouldnt stay on the south side as its very hot and a bit noisier.
The rooms are huge - bigger than the biggest village room. You get a full bathroom so can soak in the bath.
There are carpets so no noise from the rooms above.
Its handy for most things. Near to the restaurant for breakfast and the adult only pool which we like.
Having said that, lots of people prefer the Village so each to their own. The Residence rooms haven't been decorated as recently as the Village and the pink/yellow colour scheme looks a bit dated.
The suites in the Residence have been done up and they are quite contemporary but out of my price range.
we enjoyed the village but like you did find it noisy at times with people running along corridors or foot steps in the above apartment so the residence sound great

what will the balcony be like? when we ate in the residence restaurant we could see some of the balconys and they looked small.

Do you know if the family connecting rooms on the north or the south of the residence?
The balconies we have had were fine. Room for 2 chairs, a table and a wee washing line. Maybe they vary in size.
I don't know where the connecting rooms are. There aren't any family connecting rooms. Just normal residence rooms with a door between. The only other rooms in the residence are the suites but they only sleep 3.
The rooms you can see from the restaurant are the ones we don't like as they get the sun all day and they don't have a lot of privacy so we always request the other side when we check in. We've never had a problem getting what we asked for.
Hi all just arrived back from Lykia World at the weekend. First of all we had a superior extended villiage room. We paid a bit extra for this room as I had thought it might have been bigger than it was as there was my husband, myself and my 14 year old daughter. Paid an extra £150 for this room, as we thought she would have more of her own space. It wasnt really. There was a double bed with a step down to a double sofa. Small balcony with two chairs. It was adequate.

Had a brilliant time there. Best holiday my daughter says she has ever had. Although for the last three days of my holiday (we were there for a week) I was really ill, stomach cramps, sickness etc. My husband and daughter were both fine. When I arrived home on Saturday had to go to Doctor who gave me injection to stop sickness and stomach cramps. Although i am feeling much better today, my stomach still isnt right. I dont know what it was. It wont spoil us going again though, but I will be very wary of going.

All in all the weather was fantastic, the animation team do a brilliant job and the pools are lovely. Any questions just ask.

Moira
Glad you all enjoyed it Moira.

Looks like the sickness is still ongoing :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.