Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi
a family room with garden view does not mean you have a garden room, fortunately. It just means you don't have a sea view. If it has "balcony" on your confirmation its not a garden room. I don't think they would put 5 of you in one of those anyway. You can't get 5 in a Residence room either - you would have needed to book 2 rooms.
Sounds like you have a type 4 or 5 room. They are all over the village in blocks K, T, L, O and P.
Thanks Bridd. Would you recommend asking for any one of the blocks in particular?
You'd need to find out if you have a category 4 or 5 first as they are in different blocks. It might be on the confirmation or invoice, but its notoriously hard to get info from Lykia World about the rooms.
Your request is not guaranteed anyway.
Depends what you like. Some like being really close to the action. Others prefer the peace and quiet from being further away. I personally like the Residence, not the Village.
I haven't been for over a year now so maybe some more recent visitors can help you as they may have refurbished parts of it since I was there.
hi

I have booked for Lykia in May staying in the residence

Our booking is with mytravel which has now merged with Thomas Cook

The original invoice from mytravel stated "interconnecting family room for up to 4 adults and 2 kids"

Thomas cook have sent an amended invoice which is described as follows:

Family room max occupancy 4 plus 1 extra bed for 2 kids WC bath or shower in the residence

Am I right in thinking the only family rooms in the residence are interconnecting?

I have spoke to Thomas Cook who dont seem to be able to add this to the invoice despite sending 3 amended invoices which are all exactly the same!!!! but assure me the room is the same as on the original invoice.

If there is only interconnecting family residence rooms then I have nothing to worry about....does anyone know?
I'm still living and learning..

I always assumed that the "interconnecting" rooms were not much use unless you had 2 next to each other, as we did in the DR.
I did not realise they were also used to describe "suites".
Not sure what these are like but the family room we had in Egypt only had one door and you had to go through one "room" to get to the other. It was classed as a family room and not interconnecting.
Are you expecting various "bedrooms" interconnected as a family room or have you actually booked 2 interconnecting rooms?

If it is the former then you may not need to worry about the lack of "interconnecting" on the booking.
The residence has few types of room so it's easier than the village. There's the regular rooms to sleep 2 plus 1 extra. The interconnecting rooms are simply two of these with a door between.
The only other Residence rooms are the suites, with a bedroom, a sofa bed in the living room and 2 bathrooms.
These can all be seen on the LW website.
Hi Im sure I've read this somewhere on this thread but can anyone tell me if you have to pay seperataly for fresh orange at breakfast or is it included with meals? Also what are the cereal choices like at bfast as well as the milk? I know it sounds crazy but I've got very fussy kids and they always complain about the milk in France or Spain! So how does the Turkish milk compare? Just one of my kids is so fussy all he will eat at breakfast is the cereal so I dread to think what he will do if the milk is YUK! :think
Hi Twinkeltoes

I am going this summer and not only will my son only eat cereal he will actually only eat Cherrios. Generally speaking I think even in the best hotels they only buy budget cereals. You can tell the quality of them as you eat them.

So I will be interested to see what replies you get.

Doe
my kids had no problems with the cereals or milk in lykia despite my youngest being very fussy, what i can remember of the cereals was cornflakes, museli, sugar puffs, rice crispies etc, they also had a selection of nuts, raisons,yoghurts etc to add to these cereals. my kids enjoyed the waffles and pancakes more, the breakfast selection is vast, with tons of fruits, loads of different cooked breakfast things, loads of different types of bread, rolls, croissants, cakes etc, just about everything you can think of, im sure you will be fine, i do think all milks in different countries have a slight different taste

sorry chris but i dont remember seeing any cheerios, but i might not have noticed them
Thanks Karen

I had forgotten, but on holiday he will also eat waffles and pancakes (probably would at home but I don't buy them LOL) so he will be fine. it's just Nestle Cherrios he's addicted to and I won't pander too him by filling my suitcase with them!

Chris
They do hot waffles and pancakes, but for me the best thing at breakfast is the porridge. They don't call it porridge. I think it was creamy oats, but it's lovely. The danish pastries are also good.
Twinkletoes - to answer your question about the fresh orange at breakfast, yes, they did charge for it when we were there, but can't remember how much. We didn't bother. Just used the orange squash. Plenty of fruit available though, to compensate! I'm sure it was more than £1 a glass though, which adds up times four! It also meant queueing up and waiting while they squeezed it.
I think it is quite common to charge for freshly squeezed juice in Turkey. They charged for it at breakfast at the Club Belcekic Beach hotel as well, seem to remember it being quite expensive, and also queueing whilst they squeezed. LOL. We just had big bowls of fruit instead.

:tup
It was 1 euro per glass when I was last there.
Thanks everyone and I'm sure my youngest (the worst fussy eater out of the 3 of them) will be ok as he does love pancakes, only trouble is I can imagine him living off the puddings for the 2 weeks as he usually only eats peanut butter sandwhiches here and the occasional MacDonalds burger plus cereals of course :( Don't suppose they do peanut butter at Lykia? :think
no i didnt see any peanut butter im afraid, you could always take some and use their bread . we have just come back from tunisia all inc and my daughter lived on pancakes for the week grrrrr !!! lykias food is by far the best ive had in any hotel and theres been a few
Yes I had considered taking peanut butter in suitcase but hubby has said a big NO! He reckons if our son is hungry enough he will eat anything :rofl yeah right not when puddings are available and a holiday isn't the best time to start being tough with his eating habits (typical male approach unfortunately) but out of curiosity would it be ok to use their bread? I mean is it readily available and taste like ours here and would they mind if I was to sit at the table spreading peanut butter? I might just have to work on hubby....... :haha Just don't really want son to live off sweet puds for 2 weeks :(
i think turkish bread is lovely, they do loads of different types and in my opinion similar to french bread, im sure they wouldnt mind you using your own filling but there is such a wide choice of things to have, my youngest daughter is a terrible difficult eater and she managed fine, there was always something she would eat, even if she lived on pancakes every morning at least she was eating , she does like pain chocolat and croissants too though and some cereals, so i found breakfast fine it was the other meals she was more difficult with as she wont eat meat except ham which they dont do grrrr, anyway dont worry im sure you will get by
Trying to remember peanut butter but I can't. They do have nutella - my son loved that on his bread at breakfast.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.