Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
The connecting garden rooms don't sleep five people. The position is OK Mehmeh but they are dark and poky. I wouldn't want to spend my holiday there.
I've just read someones review of Lykia and they have said there are two free launderettes there?? Is this true? I think the Lykia web site says laundry service so what is it exactly? I mean are there washers and dryers that you can use freely? Not that I plan on doing much washing while there but it helps to know how many clothes to pack if I can do at least one wash :)
There's a self service laundry in the Residence beside the indoor pool and another in the Village at the bottom of the stairs beside the barbers shop. There are washers, driers and an ironing board. Taje you rown laundry tablets as IMHO the stuff they sell there isnt as good.
There is also a laundry service which you pay for. There will be a price list in your room.
i used the laundry service to have my wedding dress cleaned and wow it was so cheap compared to the uk im sure it was around £18-£25 mark whereas i had been quoted around £100 + in the uk, they sent it away to fethiye i assume to get dry cleaned, so well worth doing if you have any expensive items that need dry cleaning lol. there was also a tailor at lykia again great price, i managed to tear a few holes on bottom of my wedding dress and he repaired it for about £5 i know approx how much i would have paid in the uk lol and it would have been no where near that. i know take all my repairs and alterations to turkey with me , had roman blinds etc made in turkey too
Thanks bridd and ellie, thats amazing ellie what they charged for your wedding dress! I will be asking all my relatives now if they want any alterations etc prob end up with an extra suitacase full so thinking about it I might keep my mouth shut lol! Are the washers and dryers at lykia free to use though (if you do it yourself) or is there a small charge? And do they get really busy? (we will be there May half term and the week after which we hope will be quieter) Also is the weather usually nice and hot at that time, evenings will we need sweaters and the sea, is it warm? Sorry I will be bombarding you both with tons of questions over the next few months lol!
The washers and driers were free last time I was there and can get busy. You just need to keep popping back to see if theres a free one. There weren't that many and often I would come back and find my washing had been taken out and put in the drier by someone wanting a machine. Not been in May but in early June the sea was cool. The pools were colder though!
we were there over whit 2 years ago, so end of may and beginning of june, they weather was ok but not hot about 22-24, some days it was over cast others cloudy with sunny periods, but it might be a better idea for you to look at this years may weather on the weather thread as i think we were unlucky when we were there 2 years ago. we did get a tan but we were all surprised that it wasnt as hot as we expected. we didnt need sweaters but light weight jacket or cardy for evenings
xl
Hi just an update, still have not heard from XL , no reply to my email re category of room and no joy from various phone calls, so I guess we just cross our fingers and hope for the best !!

Can anybody tell me if any of the childrens pools are heated in the childrens paradise

thanks
I think one of them may have been but don't think the rest are.
florriepie, I emailed XL on Sunday and they rang and left a message on our answering machine on Tues night (which I didn't hear until yesterday pm) and all they said was "regarding the query about your e mail regarding room catergory we do confirm you have a family room" aahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I know we have a family room!!! :x So I rang XL straight back and the girl I spoke to said she will send out an invoice saying we do have an interconnecting room but can only request a balcony, where have I heard this before?? This is exactly as what we were told a couple of weeks ago and the 2nd invoice came out exactly as the first with just "family room" on it, they are so frustrating but at least I have plenty of time to keep nagging at them unlike you do, there prob won't be any bother with the room choice when we get there but I just don't want to take that chance and I would feel much better if I have an invoice in my hand that clearly states what we have paid extra for, after all we could've gone with the cheaper family room but how Lykia will know the difference is beyond me when all it says is family room. Let me know how you get on and what the rooms are like on your return, by the way when are you going? Have a great time :)
If I were in your shoes I would insist theat XL get in touch with Lykia and confirm what catogary room you will get. That in itself should be very simple for them to do.
i agree with pamplemousse, its the least they can do, if they are selling lykia then they should know what types of rooms they are selling, crazy, they are going to get this question over and over and should know the answer, lykia has a uk office to so they could ring that for you
Thanks for that info, I never thought about telling them to ring Lykia, XL just keep insisting "it will be fine" when I speak to them they just don't understand how important this is and I have explained it very clearly to them, I will wait until i receive the next invoice they have promised as hopefully it will have interconnecting family room on it, though I don't hold my breath. Actually are you sure the garden rooms aren't interconnecting family rooms? That's what I'm worried about as XL just refuse to put balcony on the invoice only saying they can request it. One garden room might sleep 4 but if they are connecting then that surely it would sleep 8?
Rather than worry I really think you should insist that XL call Lykia asap. All their rooms are catogarised so they would easily be able to tell you what catogary you have booked and then you will see exactly what you are getting.

I certainly wouldn't book with XL after all this as their customers service is really poor.
yes there are some interconnecting garden rooms, but as ive explained before these only sleep 4 people, these are cat 8, the garden rooms you want to avoid are cat 7 & 8
Well I have just rang XL again to ask them what you have suggested and that was to find out the cartergory room type we have booked and if they can contact Lykia, honestly my patience is really wearing exceptionally thin, the girl I spoke to (and it was the customer services dept) just hasn't got a clue what I am talking about, i can't make myself any more cleare about what I want, I have asked her if she can ring Lykia to confirm our room type but she just says she will speak to their own accommodation dept and call me back, they have done that before for us as well and still no joy, I asked if I could speak to their accommodation dept myself but she just said "we don't have any phone numbers for them" ??? It sounds such a simple request but this company are driving me mad, surely they know what rooms Lykia lease to them? I will keep you all informed on how it goes, oh and the girl said to me "we can't allocate rooms until one week before departure" ahhh I wasn't asking for a room allocation! I explained all about Lykias catergory system to her, the garden rooms to avoid the fact that we paid for the more expensive family room type etc etc fingers crossed I get some joy before I explode :evil:
hi

how about emailling them , this way you can clearly point out what you are talking about, god what a nightmare
I agree ellie-meg. Would it be worth emailing Lykia do you think?
might be worth emailling both lykia and xl or even you ringing lykias uk number and asking them if xl have certain room allocations, im sure you will be fine if there is 5 of you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.