Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi Me again , I've just been wondering, how do they make up the interconnecting family rooms in the village? We are 2 adults, 3 kids, will they put all 3 kids in one room and me & hubby in the other? Or would they make up the sofa bed in our room for one child and just put the other 2 in twin beds in the connecting room? We would rather have all 3 boys sharing the same room to give us a bit of privacy
im sure you will be able to choose whats best for your family as the 2 rooms are the same, the porter should just take your cases to the room and leave you to decide
Oh So do we have to make up the sofa bed ourselves? I mean will the bed linen be left in the room or do they make up both sofa beds in each room? We arrive in the middle of the night you see (around 3am) and I don't fancy starting to make beds up :(
I don't think you need to worry. They will have made up enough beds for all 5 of you and as it'll be the middle of the night you will probably not worry who sleeps where.
Next day you can decide for yourself where to put everyone.
For example:
We stay in the residence and have 2 rooms - not interconnecting but normally next door or across the hall from each other.
When my youngest was still under 16 we would book one twin room for us, with my youngest in with us on the sofabed. That way he paid a child's price.
The other room we booked for my eldest and paid a single supplement. That worked out cheaper than paying an adult price for my youngest. The younger child actually slept in the 2nd bed in his brothers room. The staff couldn't have cared less who slept where. After the first morning they no longer made up the sofabed.
Thanks very much bridd, that is really a very clever idea of yours booking the rooms the way you did :tup
we did a similar thing, we booked a room for 3 adults and 2 children and 1 single room this had hardly any supplements, my daughter who was then an adult stayed with her boyfriend who although had paid for single had been given a double room and this saved us around £600 - £800, no 1 said a thing, mind you they had only made up 4 beds in our room but i could have had the bed settee made up if i had asked at reception. so it worked out well and saved us quite a lot of money. this was actually done in error cos when i booked the room diy for 2 adults and 2 kids they gave us a room for 4-5 later on when we decided to get married there i then enquired about room price for my daughter and her boyfriend and found it quite dear so i rang up somewhere2stay who i had booked with and asked how much would it cost for my daughter to be added to our room and they said it was no extra as the room already slept 5 so that was great lol, so then only had to book a single room
These are brill tips to keep in mind as we also have older kids too and I often wondered what we would do if one of them decided to tag along (prob not likely mind you lol!) Still very helpful info to note :tup
Hi Am staying at the Residence in Mid May.

Can anybody tell me if there is somewhere for adults to eat in the Childrens Paradise. As I can see us spending a lot of time there, if my 2 boys have anything to do with it.

Also how long does it take to walk from the Residence to Paradise.

Many Thanks
Yes there is a buffet restaurant open for lunch at the Children's Paradise. Never used it ourselves, but looked like it had a smaller range of items. Adults could eat there as well as children. You don't want to walk from the Residence to the children's paradise, just catch the little bus! Though maybe in May it would be OK to walk it - too hot in August! Should imagine it would be maybe a 10 minute walk, but not sure. Not all that far but uphill going.
They do a kids buffet at the Paradise but I wouldn't want to stay there for lunch. When you see what is on offer at the Marina restaurant at lunch - fabulous choice of food - cold beer/wine - a couple of hours sitting chatting by the sea, I bet you'll have a break from the Kids Paradise. You don't even need to walk. The shuttle bus will take you door to door.
Just my view, we'll see what the others think.
The walk from the res to the paradise is uphill and about 10 miinutes, or less in the shuttle bus.
Ooh I'm so excited about going. I know we won't have the best room (in the village) but the prices for the residence seemed a bit prohibitive. Everything else sounds great! Like some of your ideas about arranging the rooms differently - perhaps we'll have a scout around in the residence and find out the best & cheapest way of doing that if we want to go again next year - we've got 3 children so it makes it slightly more complicated...

Beer & wine are free with meals aren't they?
Yes you can drink freely during meals and the kids can help themselves to juice or fizzy drinks.

The buffet at kids paradise is limited to chips, chicken, spaghetti, salad, etc. nowhere near as nice as the main restaurants but we did use it several times last year as we had 4 children with us and just wanted a quick snack, mainly for them. You can also get ice-creams here so we'd get one and take it back to our sunbeds. You'll have a fab time, there's loads for the kids, how old are they? Mine were 10, 7 and twins 5 last year and they had a brilliant time at the clubs and doing all the activities. Make sure they take part in the rehearsals for the once a week kids show, they are tremendous and the costumes fabulous. The children may enjoy taking dinner on their own in the kids section of the main restaurant, ours certainly did. This allowed them to go back to the clubs whilst we ate a leisurely meal alone, a real treat on the odd night!

As others have said there are regular dolmus' that take you back to the residence so there's no real need to walk, though i reckon it'll take you about 15 mins at most.
Macjohnson - the rooms in the Village aren't second best - they are lovely (unless you get a garden room). They are less like hotel rooms in that they are spread out and open to the outside rather than onto an enclosed corridor. They have tiled floors rather than carpets and no baths - only showers. Lots of people prefer the ambience of the village, and if you have more than one child they can be cheaper per person.
Thanks for the replies about the food at Childrens Paradise.

My kids are 9 and 7. Hoping they will go to the kids clubs, but they don't usually want to.

Will the kids be able to play things like football and basketball if they dont go to the clubs?
my kids wouldnt go to the clubs, but my son played football lots with the staff. we also ate a few times in the paradise kids restaurant just cos we were too lazy to go to the main restaurant once settled, limited food but it was ok.
we actually preferred the food in the main residence restaurant than the village , it was quieter not so much queuing and preferred the food too, you are free to use either of these restaurants
I got the impression that the activities done by the kids clubs were timetabled, so you could try just persuading them to go when football or whatever they fancied is planned. My two were too old, but maybe someone whose kids went could advise on this? Also don't tell them what ellie-meg said! ;)
They can dip in and out of the kids clubs as they want. My 2 would go when they fancied the activity on offer. It was a good opportunity to do stuff for free that would have normally cost us. Banana boat for example or the climbing wall.
Thanks bridd. So, becky99, the answer is, don't use the words 'kids club', just say 'do you want to go and play football?'
The kids club sounds great.

I think not calling it a kids club could be the answer. As as soon as you say the word they automatically say no!

Food sounds good at the Residence. Booked the Residence as all the village room types were so confusing. The tour operaters don't seem to have a clue, I knew more than they did.

Thanks for your help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.