Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi tis the lidl store is on the sa coma side of cala millor.
Hi - we know about the decent sized Cabrabo but didn't know about Lidl - where is it exactly? Can you give us some landmarks - pubs etc?
Getting close now Tis! I bet your house is unbearable.
Martin
hiya if you seach for lidl espana you will find it eventually and also a map of the store location I found the one nearest me in manacor ,hope this helps
the new lidl in cala millor opened in the week we were i think because the trucks with the megaphones were out. When we went to sa coma for an afternoon we passed the store but on the cala millor side, hope this is helpfull.
Hello Iona!
How were the Cristina apartments? We are staying at the California in 2 weeks time....they were aparantly across the road from you...
How long did it take you to get to the beach/shops etc???
Any recomendations from you regarding eats and entertainment.....

Thanx Mark
Hi Tis and all,
Off to Palma Nova in the morning :D .Staying at the Tobago,Seen some mixed reviews especially about the food.Still looking forward to it,we always eat out anyway.
I will post a review on our return.
see you in two weeks :)
Hellooooooo Y'all :D

Only THREE more sleeps for us and I'm at that stage where I just can't believe that in a few days we'll actually be there!
:hyper :hyper :hyper

Left the dog with my parents - he had a big sad face and tried to jump into the car home with us this afternoon and I felt so guilty even tho' he'll be spoilt rotten for the whole time we're away.

Going to unpack all the suitcases tomorrow and re-pack again (as per the ritual) so that I have as little to do as possible on Friday.
Have a great time Fenderman :D
hi tis :wave

well time is flying now !!! and so will you be soon !!!
i can't believe its only 3 more sleeps for you !!!

its always sad to leave pets .........i hate leaving "topsey" my cat !!!
but mum feeds her and i always phone to see how she is or mum gives me a text update of how she is eating etc !!!

i always find the last couple of days panicing .....i check my list and double check to make sure everything is done !!!

i never seem to relax untill we are on our way to the airport !!!

and once we have checked in then the holiday really starts for us !!!

i'll speak to you before you go

lou x
i think il start my sleep count now 27 here we go
Hiya stumpy

31 sleeps for me :D

you will be there same time as us, whereabouts you staying?

Garry
hi garry, il be staying at club del sol in puerta pollenca me misses 2 kids (5 , 1)
Hi Lou & Everyone else :wave

Just TWO more sleeps for us :hyper :hyper :hyper

I hate leaving the George (the dog - a yellow Lab) - it's only bothered me since my sister's elderly choccie Lab died while they were on holiday 2 years ago - thankfully everytime she'd tried to ring home there were problems and she couldn't get a connection but I will never ever forget the torture of having to tell her when they got home. George is only 6 but I do still fret a bit - I know he'll be having the time of his life as Dad feed him bits from his plate (Tsk Tsk).

Anyway, have just booked our taxi to the airport - DH was going to drop us all off and come back with the car, park it up and grab a taxi back to the airport but decided yesterday we may's well just all get the taxi - saves hassle all round so that's all done.

Need to ring apartment owner again as I forgot to ask him the other night to make sure our bag is in the apartment when we land (we left a big bag of stuff last year - lilo, buckets, spades etc and he stores it in his garage) and ring Lionel who's doing our transfers

I'm going into city centre tonight (late night shopping) to get the last few bits we need and then when I get in the suitcases are coming downstairs and the final packing ritual will commence.

Have to say I'm really in the denial stage now - can't quite believe we're going to be walking along the promenade in just a couple of days!!!!!!

Catch up with you all later.

Tis x
:wave

Hi Tis, have a nice time, hope that when you all come back the Boro will have got some decent new players signed on :tup
Only 4 more sleeps for me and my family. were going to palma nova and flying monday tea time, is anyone else going at this time. I'm really excited
Have a good holiday Tis, you will be thrilled at the harbour area. Hope the hotels and apartments don't cash in on the fab facilities for next years hols by putting there prices up. I will check NCL airport site to see if you get away on time (we go on same flight in a few weeks time) Remember to let me know what you get to eat on the plane (so I can add extra eatables to my trusty list!) Hope you get your transfer sorted with Lionel. Will you be on the internet when you are away? We use the downstairs of the handbag shop beside the Moreyo for cheap internet €1 for 15 mins to keep in touch at home. Enjoy!!!!
Hya CBG (I shortened it - hope that's okay)?

Well I've tried Lionel's home and mobile to no avail (pants) - Martin has given met he contact number for the chap he uses but can't get an answer from him either at the moment so will try tomorrow morning and if that fails I will be on the phone to Janerbus first thing in the morning.

Oh the joys of DIY eh! Never mind - we'll get sorted I'm sure!

I'll be on the HT whilst I'm away - you may get a posting or 2- we get free internet from Cheers Bar whilst waiting for meals but thanks for the tip about the downstairs of the handbag shop - always handy to know where else I can go if needs be.

Going to have something to eat and I was going to do the suitcases but it may end up being done tomorrow at the rate I'm going. I just can't believe it's come round at long last.

Will post again tomorrow and let you know how I'm getting on with the transfers.

Clur84 - have a great holiday!
ONE more day to go - excitement has given way to apprehension over this transfer business. :cry:

Still no joy with Lionel from Clarkline so have just rang Janerbus - obviously Saturday is a busy day and I've not given much notice but they are going to see what they can do and email me back so for now it's a case of keeping fingers, legs, arms & eyes crossed that they can do something for us.

Will keep you all posted.

Tis
Sorted! PHEW! I can now get excited again - ONE more sleep to go folks!
:hyper :hyper :hyper

Janerbus have got us sorted for tomorrow night - price same as quoted a couple of months ago (€190 return - €95 each way) so altho' we're paying more we've got a bit more peace of mind! Think I'll stick with the offical transfers from now on - we may pay more but I'd far rather that than be let down at the last minute.

Can you imagine if I hadn't rang to confirm and just arriving at Palma and finding no one there to take us and the only option available 2 taxi's (I'm funny about us travelling separately) and I'd have been up the wall.

Anyway - it's sorted - just need to re-jig the suitcases and have a very large glass of vino to help calm me down (I will wait till the kids are in bed before I hit the vino before anyone rings AA)

Might be back on later - will definitely pop on in the morning before we go to say 'Adios'!

TTFN Tis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.