Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Helen, Hi ya,

Here is a list of Manchester Airport hotels, click on the map and it will show you the distance away, also there is a list of hotels with shuttle sevice.

http://www.booking.com/airport/gb/MAN.html?aid=313435

We booked our Manchester hotel through FHR.

http://www.fhr-net.co.uk/airport_hotels/manchester_airport_hotels/

Hope this helps.

Angie.
Helen,

Just had a thought, if you do decide on booking with FHR they send me frequent email updates on offer codes to use and you get £10 off bookings.So will give you the most updated when you want to book.

Just a thought.

Angie.
Thanks for that Angie. I might hang fire a bit with the hotel booking. I'll be looking for a reasonable price though as we have to stay a night either side & of course there's the train fair as well. My sister has just found the same holiday going from Cardiff :duh . Never mind - it'll be an extra 2 days holiday & I quite enjoy travelling by train.
And I found it at a cheaper price than you paid too :really
Well if you do need the code for your booking, you can just PM when the time comes.

Angie.
some good prices there with fhr Angie. Marlou - its booked now, & a couple of quid here & there isn't going to break the bank.
Helen,

I found them to have good prices too, better than other firms I priced up, thats why I plumed for them and booked.

Angie.
Helen if you do need a hotel, we have use the Travelodge and have had rooms that have been in the sale one for £10 and another for £29. We had to pay £7 each way for transfers from the train station and then back next day to the airport. There rooms are clean and there is a bar for food and drink.
Helen, you used to be able to use Tesco vouchers for the train. It's worth checking if you still can as I know you collect points.
Superbreak do hotel and rail prices and can be cheaper than booking seperate. Trainline.com have good prices on there website for train travel.

Where will you start your train journey to Manchester ? I`ll have a look for you if you like? We often travel by train to the Airport from Leeds to Manchester airport.

We have just been away to Ibiza and did the train and Travelodge costs were.

Train for 2 ad 1 child with a family rail card £31 return
Travelodge £10
Transfers £14
Total £55

A taxi would have cost us £100 so we had a meal and a few drinks in the hotel and still had change out of the £100 we would have spent had we used a taxi.
Manchester loses transatlantic service

A US carrier is withdrawing flights from Manchester to New York.

Delta Air Lines confirmed that the service to JFK would stop on January 8.

The airline has been operating the route since 2006 and uses a 174-seat Boeing 757 to provide a daily service.

A spokeswoman said the decision to drop the route had been taken following an analysis of the airline's network which found demand dropping over the winter.

Delta is to maintain a year-round Manchester-Atlanta service which is flown by a 214-seat Boeing 767.

Manchester Airport lost a British Airways daily flight to New York last year. Bmi has also withdrawn all its transatlantic flights from Manchester over the past 12 months.

With permission from Travelmole
We've just booked a room for 2 nights at the Manchester airport travel lodge. When we arrive on Aug 2nd we have a 2 course evening meal there for £6, as we have an early flight the next day, so its not worth looking elsewhere. We also have a night on the return journey, with full English breakfast before our journey home for £5.99. I have also paid £1 per night for cancellation insurance. The total cost for the both deals was £82 - bargain I think! :)
hi

does anyone happen to have a discount code for the on airport car parking?

cheers

joules
Hi has anyone used 'jet parks' at Manchester airport? Apparently it used to be known as 'carminder2'. It looks pretty close to the airport. Also is it far from the Premier Inn at Man airport? Any idea how we can get to the Premier Inn (Runger Lane) after dropping the car off at jet parks? Thanks
Smoking at Manchester Airport, yes you can Terminal 2

Can't quite believe this, but it's true.

From their own web site. Link attached if copyright problems.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/FAQs?OpenDocument&QUERY=Most-Popular#FAQSmoke

Common sense at last.
Marg
Happy days. Shame I don't fly out of Manchester. Just hope Gatwick does the same.

Is Gatwick Airport operated by the same Company as Manchester Airport?

Mark :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.