Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
message for mrsJ
30 Posts
That is quite useful information I was not aware off. Like you I always pay my credit card bill off immediately and was under the impression that the credit card company would be partially liable for any potential valid claims.

Mark :D
I also pay off my card immediately- very interesting info!
I only use my Credit card to pay for holidays or large purchases, because of the insurance, but I ALWAYS pay my credit card bill as soon as it comes through the door.....

I was told that you are only insured as long as you owe all or part of the balance, once the dept has been paid you are no longer insured by the credit card company, I found this unbelievable and sought advice, to be told that this is the case. Once the dept has been paid you are no longer insured.

Utter tosh and nonsense. Whoever told you this had no clue what they were talking about. I can assure you that it does apply, whether you have paid the balance or not.
Hi there

Having read the above post I called my credit card company (Sainsburys's Bank) as I too pay my balance off every month, and they have advised me that even if I do this I am still covered by the insurance.

Trish
Mrs J
more good advice from you!
Another vote for the good advice!

Mark :D
Always glad to help where I can. I have a low tolerance for traders who don't play fair and ignore their customers' rights, and I believe that the best way to stamp unfair practices out within the travel industry is to raise public awareness of what consumers genuinely are entitled to if things go wrong. :D
Hi

Just wanted to mention that the Credit Card Company can recover amounts under £100.00. When a certain auction company on sat tv went bust I was able to claim £18.00 back from Barclaycard.

Also, when this same auction company went bust, I was able to claim £185.00 from my visa debit card.

So don't believe that you cannot claim your money back for amounts under £100.00 or not on a debit card, because you CAN! I have done it.
It can sometimes be done, and you certainly have nothing to lose by giving it a go. As the Consumer Credit Act does not apply to payments under £100.00 though, in the majority of cases there would be no automatic right to a refund from the card issuer.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c06.shtml#3

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c02.shtml
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.