France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Monaco
7 Posts
Thanks for that link. It has a great map which shows that my friends appartment is right on the front just a 100 mtrs behind the beach.
Had an absolutly brilliant holiday. Monaco must be the cleanest resort in the world given that the street sweepers are out twice a day. They also have 1 policeman for every 60 people (apparently).

They also enforce all rules rigedly. When the red flag was flying on the beach the lifeguards patrolled and would not even let people paddle!
Totally agree, very clean safe place. I heard that they have listening devices all around so all conversations are monitored!! Don't know how true that is.

Only one problem is that the French have never heard of poop scoops and you have to watch where you walk so you don't tread in the remains of little designer poochie gourmet remnants!!! :lol:
Not so much in Monaco. Lamp posts have dispensers for little black bags which the owners use to pick up the poo. They then tie the top and leave the bag on the side where it gets picked up by the streetsweepers! They also have little grass paddocks signed for dogs only!

But have to agree abot the rest of France (Mind you have you walked around British towns recently)?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.