Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It may be worth clicking on the discussion forums and asking Dazbo on the Fight Only Airline/Airport forum, I am sure he will know...Keith
we are on this flight and we were told they stop for refuelling at bahrain
We are on this flight on 21st November and it does stop at Bahrain. However as from January 9th, this flight is cancelled by Monarch
We depart Friday 19 December 2008 returning Saturday 10 January 2009 on the above Monarch flighs. I contacted by e-mail both Jewel in the Crown and Directline Holidays who we booked with.

The reply I have had back from Jewel in the Crown is as follows:- Our flights are not affected. Monarch has cancelled the Friday Manchester rotation from the 17 January 2009 so we return on the last Friday flight.

The flight will stop at Bahrain which cheeses us off as we were told when booking it was direct. At least we seem to be able to get there and back with out making other arrangements.
Just been informed that no liquids or DUTY FREE will be allowed on flights transiting in BAHRAIN.
What does that mean - can we not buy our duty free in Bahrain? , is the main reason we booked Monarch
Roxy i think it means you cant bring any liquids of of the flight into bahrain, but should be able to buy in there duty free.Gel
Our Dabolim bought duty free was confiscated at Bahrain last February,
we were told to take everything off plane by Monarch staff or it would be
confiscated,so we did,and it was confiscated anyway.(customs said bag was not sealed)
We then had to buy from Bahrain duty free.
Hubby was not happy to see his whisky "go to be destroyed" :cry
Yes I can confirm, do not bother buying any alcohol at the Duty free in UK or Goa if your plane stops in Bahrain ( eg Mon4502/3 from Manchester). Buy your honeybee in resort and put it in your suitcase. You can buy alcohol at Bahrain as normal. Has anyone seen Honeybee in plastic bottles?

Lisa
Not for a long time they used to do it but not seen any spirits in plastic bottles for the last 3 or 4 years

Debs
All plastic bottles were in the process of being fazed out - if you do get hold of any it will be old stock which is still allowed to be sold.
As for the Bahrain situation, on our return from Goa last season the F1 was on so we were diverted via Cyprus, but the previous year (07) was the time when security issues were brought in, the anouncement by Monarch was - nobody was allowed to take into or out of Bahrain any liquids whilst on a transit visit. Any that were bought in Goa, Monarch asked people to stow them in the overhead lockers as the cleaning team did not go into them.
As in all the years I have gone via Bahrain, and the only security checks / screening you have are when entering the airport, along with others we bought some duty free spirits in the correct duty free bags (placed them in our hand luggage) queued, handed in our transit card and boarded the plane with no problems, so basically if you want some - get some, but the ones you do leave on the plane keep them out of the way or they will go missing.
Just a guess but I would say this is going to be the same again - hope people flying via Bahrain can post what is happening this season.
Spike
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.