Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Nik22,

You may find the following topics useful;

Waterparks, Marmaris
Boat Trips
Jeep Safari
Mud Baths
Airport/ resort transfers- Q&As

There's plenty of nightlife if you want it in Icmeler, just head for the canal area. It's not like Bar Street in Marmaris, but there's plenty to see and do. Members Resort Reports for Icmeler has plenty of information.

Darren
Contact Icmeler Online - http://www.icmeleronline.com - they do transfers and excursions and will be able to sort you out with everything you're looking for. I'm sure you will love Icmeler and will find plenty to see and do.
my daughters and myself have been going to marmaris for a few years now... but last month we decided to do a couple of different trips (we always do a few boat trips... cleopatras island being one of our favourites)... anyway last month we did the jeep safari, i so wish we had done it years ago, never had so much fun... just be prepared to get wet... very wet haha... also went on the horse trek... not really my cuppa-tea.. but the girls loved it, said it was there best day... perhaps it is cheaper to book on line, but we went round a couple of day trip desk thingys (they are on every corner) and when we quoted the price we had been given, there was always somebody else willing to let you have it cheaper, we thought we had a bargain with the jeep safaris at £15 per person... but got talking to another family that had the same trip for £8 each! :duh
Just be aware that cheapest isn't always the best, especially when it comes to things like jeep safaris! Yes, you will always find some cheaper than others - especially among the stalls selling the trips - but with some of the cheaper trips, the condition of the jeeps leaves a lot to be desired. I've seen some which are complete rust-buckets! . I'd check it all out first, to be honest - there's no way I'd be putting my safety, or, more importantly, that of my family, at risk just to save a few lira. I'd rather pay a bit extra to go with a reputable company and know safety was paramount.
Thanks for replies everyone, :tup

I've seen 'BlueFish Jeep Safari' clips on you tube - can anyone recommend this one?
for transfers have a look at this http://www.raintransfer.com
i just a quick qoute based on your details and get comes to £48 return for 4 on shuttle bus .
or private transfer (non sharing ) is £75 :D
I know people who have used this company many times this year so may be worth a look .
when booking trips from stalls around resort just check to see their tursab license.
ask what boats they use ie names of boats, like most other companys they use same boats.
jeep safari have got alot safer now, i tend to book with same stall every year and always ask other guests which company they have used. and thier experience.
I would wait till in resort to book trips . 1 is so you can shop around for good deals . 2 if you book and pay upfront now then go to resort only to find better or different trips you want instead. :(
The jeep safari to see the Blue Fish is a must Nik
I wrote this about 4 years ago the first time I went to see these fish.

Jeep Safari.
One of the most exciting days out has got to
be the jeep safari to see The Blue Fish.The only time I have seen these timid creatures is on the jeep safaris from Icmeler.

Most trips do the waterfall and the carpet factory along with all the obligatory water fights but these jeep safaris gives us a chance to try and catch a rare view of these freaks of nature indiginouse to the Bozburun Penninsular.
Their habitat is among the deeper water near the river banks were the trees give some shade and cover.
It was not possible to see them this May due to the cold water temperatures and too much cloud cover,but on previous visits during the warmer summer months 2 or 3 jeeps full of tourists would park up near the river.
Leaving behind our water pistols and bottles and all thoughts off water fights dispelled as we set off walking down the river to confront nature at her quirkiest.

Ankle deep in water we slowly and quietly paddled our way towards the small breeding area.
There was no sound except for the water gurgling over a few rocks and stones that were in its path as it gently meandered on its way.
Birds call out to each other,warning that strangers are entering their world.
The guide stops and beckons us to an area of deeper water,trees lining the river with overhanging branches,the sun glinting through the leaves and sunbeams dancing on the water.
We all quietly move to the area were the guides are trying to coax out a small shoal of these shy elusive creatures into our sight.

A voice at the back whispers "I cant see anything",The secret is you have to get to the front,be patient and the reward of peering into the depths will surely be rewarded.

Everyone left happy,myselfe I felt humble,also a feeling of exhileration that I had just witnessed something that most people never experience on a normal jeep safari and that is the phenomena that is " The Blue Fish".
The jeep safari came about to see the Blue Fish through this little snippet on mythology I found.

The story goes that just before Cleopatra left Egypt on her journey to the Bozburun Penninsular in Turkey,she was given a necklace by Mark Anthony made from semi-preciouse stones called Lapiz-Lazuli,these gems are a vivid blue in colour.

One morning when Cleopatra went down to the river to bathe she was overcome by a deep sense of sadness brought on by the absence of her lover.
Tears fell from her eyes and fell on the necklace,a token of Anthonys love for her.
The gems heavy with the Tears Of Sadness broke and the jewels fell into the water,on hitting the water each stone was turned by Aphrodite the goddess of love into one of these elusive fish we look for today,each fish representing a tear of sadness for a missing loved one and for the memory of Anthonys love for Cleopatra.

Gene
can't comment on the trips, but you've picked a lovely part of Turkey.

my parents always refused to consider a holiday in Turkey (it'll be dirty etc...), but I convinced them to try Icmeler last year.
They loved it and returned this year too.
We're definately going on the Blue fish safari then!

..I've now booked a private transfer for £75 with Raintransfers thanks
Thats a cheap price for private door to door!

Saves waiting @ airport plus dropping everyone else off..We're always last when we go on coaches!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.