Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
thankyou very much . its a big help to see others impressions of the place :o
Hi there

Have just clicked on to Briar's link for the hotel but this actually shows the sister hotel next door which is the Abou Soffianne.

Regards

Sharpy
Hiya
We stayed at the Riviera just over a week ago and I am going to put my report on asap. Our last trip to Tunisia was about six or seven years ago when we stayed in Hammamet which we were not keen on and I even said I wouldn't return to Tunisia. However my daughters stayed in Sousse just over 12 months ago and said it was one of the best holidays they'd had and I decided to give it another go. I chose PEK and the Riviera. We had a great week it was hot and the sun shone every day, the hotel and staff that worked there were excellent, the beach was nice and the resort was lovely with the marina and all the little shops and cafes around it . Don't know for definite but would imagine there is plenty going on at Xmas but obviously can't comment on the weather. Whatever the outcome enjoy yourselves I booked an Xmas break where I've got guaranteed sunshine morning till night (but I had to book it back in January!!)
thanks to you all for the info . lol @ the hotel error but i realised and found the other reviews anyway Briar :P . am really looking forward to it now , not too bothered about the weather , will just be nice to have some quality time as my hubby is in the navy and comes home next week after being away since april :lol: we did the dominican a few years ago but fancied something closer to home this time . will post a review when we get back for sure . xx
just a little thing now lol. does this hotel have an indoor pool or is it just the sister hotel that has one? im usually a beach lover but realise that the beach will probably be a no go area at this time of year sadly
Angie

Both hotels have indoor pools there are some photos on the Occidental site:

http://www.occidental-hoteles.com/

We stayed at the Abou a couple of years ago there are some photos that may be of interest via my website link below.

nick :smokin
thanks nick, greatly appreciated :lol: . your pics are great !!!
I'm going to the Occidental Riviera,Port el Kantoui in May with my 20 month old son. is pasteurised full fat cows milk available in the hotel or resort?
rviera is very nice is also very quite. you can get any type of milk if not in hotel will be able to buy at local supermaket. i have been to riviera once and i really did enjoy it.
if you need any advice just ask
We are also going to the Occidental Riviera in May for the first time (first time in Tunisia) my wife would like to know if there is a kettle in the rooms also do you need to take your own beach towels, also is there a laundry on site or nearby.
Currently featured on Thomas Cook tv, looks nice
No there are no kettles in the rooms. Yes there is a towel service for both the pool and the beach. Some hotels offer laundry services under room service but you would have to check when you get there as some hotels have a charge sheet in the rooms for different items of clothing. But we did our own bit of washing, in that heat it dries in no time atall.
Can anyone please advise if the AI allows you to have drinks at the sister hotel next door. We have friends staying there. I also noticed that the sister hotel has a disco. Is AI included here?
Anyone advise what like the red wine is like on resort my wifes fav drink.

Thanks in advance
If you click onto the hotel reviews at the top of this page then you can read other peoples experiences of using both the hotels and sharing some facilities.
Can anyone please advise if the AI allows you to have drinks at the sister hotel next door. We have friends staying there. I also noticed that the sister hotel has a disco. Is AI included here?

From what I've read you can use the facilities at either. I'm in the sister hotel, flying out next sunday, will leave a report on return.

Anyone advise what like the red wine is like on resort my wifes fav drink.

I'm told to expect french type young wines as against Shiraz or bold reds.
I like my reds so again, I'll let you know on return.
Taking a couple of nice bottles with me just in case.
Also taking a nice Brandy with me for the balcony at night.
We went AI to the Riviera last October and could not eat or drink in the sister hotel on the same basis. Not a fan of wine white or red but had a couple of glasses of red (the house wine) over dinner and it was quite acceptable. My particular tipple is Vodka and I found this to be very weak in fact I wished I'd picked up a bottle in the duty free on the way there to top it up! They also shut all the bars in the hotel at midnight. Presume you could get a drink in the nightclub after this but didn't visit it. Did speak to a couple who were regular visitors there and they said you could get AI in the nightclub after the bar shut but don't know for definite. Enjoy yoursleves.
Has anyone been recently? I am going in Aug and would like to know how things are just now. Have seen mixed reviews on the web about the place. One conflicting point is the AI at the hotel next door

Thanks in advance
Hi folks off on hols 20th August and it can't come quick enough. Could anyone advise if there is a fridge in the hotel rooms. I like a cold drink during the night!!

Thanks in advance
GB
Hi glasgow bouy, I have just seen that you posted me a private message which I didn't know I had, I will try and send you something over the weekend about the riviera hotel in PEK,
There were no fridges in the rooms we had,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.