Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Ps we booked this holiday on the 26th of november days after it came on Online system The forum member who contacted us booked in January .(A couple like ourselves) Surely those who Booked first should of been offered seats first.
You would certainly have thought so knitter. This is an awkward situation as they are not saying one way or another really.

It might be worth your while having a chat with Ros on 01922 621114 who is a travel law solicitor and will offer you free advice.

Is it possible to book the same holiday online at the moment?
I'm struggling to know where to start with this one - not even sure I can be any help at all. But, I've read your predicament and feel for you.

When you booked in Nov. last year you presumably paid a deposit. I guess there's the balance still to be paid but not until about October.

What paperwork have you been suppplied with at this stage ?

I also guess that you've booked a package in as much as the flight and accommodation have been booked as part of the booking with Portland.

I recall reading in the 1992 Travel and Tour Regs. that insufficient sales is one of the permissible reasons for cancelling a holiday. However, I would have thought that a number of places would be available at the launch of the package and if insufficient places sold then OK - cancel.

Your post implies that there are indeed sufficient bookings but there appear to insufficient aircraft seats. Of course, it could be that Portland are intending to fly you from Gatwick as originally agreed, on the 16th Dec and your forum colleagues, having booked after you are having to be flown earlier and from Heathrow.

Have you tried writing to Portland and asking for written confirmation of your package - mentioning your concerns. If there's no problems they should write back to you. If they don't you could try contacting the hotel directly to see if they have any details of your stay. That might prove useless as Portland might only provide such details to the hotel shortly before your arrival.

Mike
Portland say they is no flight on the 16th of december from gatwick. They are booking people on alterative flights were possible. But only have a certain number of these seats They have been booked on srilanka airways from heathrow.
These are the people sent letters I would be still be unware aware of this situation if not another forum member contacted me.
But they might be able to offer more seats if any more come avaible Hense thay are not canceling the holiday or offering anything else at this stage. Its just a waiting game until they make a desision.
I have payed the deposit plus another 1000 pounds so have about 400 to pay
The holiday dates is know longer avaible on there website to book Has not been since febuary I like to check prices to see if they go up or down so I just thought it was fully booked but now I think they have known for a while about this for a while.
The girl now saying it must be humen error why we did not get a letter as we booked so early!!!!!!
Knitter46,
the advice still stands - first off write to Portland asking for confirmation of the position re. flights, dates, departure airport and hotel. In other words, ask them to confirm in writing the details you thought you were booking last Nov. and which, presumably have previously been stated in your confirmation. Specifically ask them if there's been or is likely to be a significant change to the arrangements.

Second, subject to their response, or lack of, 'phone Ros Fernihough as suggested by Glynis - always wise advice.

Do let us know the eventual outcome as this one intrigues me.

Thanks, Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.