Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the local weather forecast says there's a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. ( On the other hand that means that there's a 80% chance that it won't rain !!)

Weather forecast here :http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/08554.html

ALL TOGETHER NOW :

Always look on the bright side of life...... de dum, de dum, de dum.....

:rofl :rofl
Looks like you've been on the old tinto again.......... :rofl
Pat
:glynis
I'm on the tinto too Pat practising for this Saturday, dont give two hoots about Sagres's 20% chance of rain forcast it will water the Aloe Vera in the garden,maybe sun after that, but who cares, he's only jealous. hehe. Cheers Jayjan
Jayjan,
Have a great time.....how long are you away for? I'm sure you'll get plenty of sunshine as well as the tinto : :rofl
We don't go back till last week in May next year......BUT.......off to Tenerife for 2 weeks 9th December to celebrate Mr 42's birthday. After that, home for Christmas and New Year, then back to Thailand 5th January for 6 weeks to see my sun and daughter in law!!!! :lol: It's guaranteed lost of sunshine then, only thing is that the tinto ain't too cheap there, so got to go for something else :lol:
Pat
Hi Pat, Just having 10 days, go home on the 12th November, hubby back in January to do some painting at the house, me i'm not back again till 1st March for 8 days, hopefully then the weather will be warming up by then. How can you last till May next year, you will have Algarve/Cabanas sickness. I am sure you will have wonderful weather in Tenerife in Dec (Enjoy hubbies birthday).The weather dont really matter in Thailand if your meeting your son,( lots of hugs and kisses.) Have a wonderful trip. Cheers Jayan
off to Tenerife for 2 weeks 9th December to celebrate Mr 42's birthday. After that, home for Christmas and New Year, then back to Thailand 5th January for 6 weeks to see my sun and daughter in law!!!!

Was the spelling of sun deliberate Pat :lol: am sure you'll have plenty of it you lucky so and so.

Happy Birthday Mr 42 in December :pele
OOOOOOOOOOOOPS.............the old tinto yet again!!!!!!
Although I should say my SON is my sun!!!!
Mr 42 wishes he was 42 again......not being a party animal, he prefers that I treat him to this wee hol to celebrate being an oap (officially) :rofl
Just as well he doesn't read this :lol:
And Jayjan, we have already been to Cabanas twice this year as usual in May then again in Sept, so think I can last as it makes me appreciate it all the more when I return. :lol:
Pat
jayjan,
A favour please, if you'd be so kind. When you're at L'pool airport, could you check out the 'fast-track' security queue that they charge £2 p/p for.Does it seem any quicker than the ordinary queue or is it so popular that there are more people in the fast-track than there are in the normal one? Any info you can give me on your return would be appreciated. ...... and before anybody ( hiya, Wiz !! :lol: ) tells me to ask this question in the Flight only/airport forum,I already did, and no bu**** answered me !! :rofl
Oh, and have a great time jayjan. :)
Sagres I did read a post somewhere where someone was whinging as they'd paid for priority boarding and the gate to it was closed so they had to join the queue - don't know which airport though.
No,Glynis - this is a fast-track through security control-no difference in security checks but smaller queues presumably.Speedy boarding is a different thing ( and a complete waste of money if you're bussed to the 'plane as it's a free-for-all when the bus stops !! )
dont know about that! when i came back on easyjet from faro in may using speedy boarding. we boarded the bus first. and were called off the bus first before anyone else.
...... and everyone else just stood aside and let you through ?? at what stage during the proceedings did you stop dreaming and wake up ?? :lol: :lol:
Ok Sagres will do, and will let you know the outcome on my return to UK. Cheers Jayjan
:rofl to Sagres.

When I boarded my easyjet flight to Faro in the summer, It was such a scrum I really wasn't sure what was going on at all. I am only 5ft tall and just kind of got swept up in the crowd :shock: . I'd never experienced anything like it before and I've been travelling for over 30 years. Must admit couldn't work out the priority boarding as they all seemed to get on our bus.

I feel a bit sorry for all the people who have paid for BA flights and will now be travelling Easyjet. At least I knew what I was getting in to and had the (mental) comfort of having saved a few hundred quid.

Glynis
I can't beleive somebody was whinging on this board? :lol:

Doe
when i came back on easyjet from faro in may using speedy boarding. we boarded the bus first. and were called off the bus first before anyone else.

I've never seen that happen. It's usually last on, first off the bus. Maybe there was somebody on board they were trying to impress! Perhaps it was you Martin - are you famous?!! :rofl
..... perhaps Martin was with his uncle Stelios !! :rofl :rofl
None of this would stop me from using them to go to Faro again though, means you can spend more on posh accommodation and the all important vino. :lol:
I usually used BA Faro - Gatwick, mainly because of the convenient flight times and found their fares barely any different from the others. I await with interest Easyjet's new schedule. Presumably there will be 6 or 7 daily Easyjet flights from Faro to Gatwick, or there won't be room for us all.
Oh dear i am flying easyjet for the first time at 6am tomorrow morning (Saturday) from Liverpool, I just hope the plane doesnt have a full load going out.I know it is nearly full coming back on the 12th November so thinks i'd better pack my tin hat. Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.