Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Have a great time Jayjan :pele
You will be fine with easyjet Jayjan, once you are on the plane they are the same as all the other suspects.

Have a great holiday. :D
Hi everyone, back after a great holiday with absolutely brilliant weather. Easyjet were fine, and we felt that the legroom was better than Jet2. Only bugbear was travelling to Liverpool to get a 06.00 flight, had to get up a 03.00, not one of my favourite things to do, but all in all flights on time both ways and service on board was good, would travel with them again. Looking forward to next holiday in March, flying from Manchester.

Sagres: checked the fast lane thing for you and only two persons went through it, we had no problems getting through security in the normal way, but that could maybe because the flight was 06.00 and not many people in the airport. Another thing on the speedy boarding issue, everyone who booked it got on the bus first and taken off the bus first to board the plane, same thing happened on the return journey from Faro, so they got what they paid for.
Cheers Jayjan
Glad you had a good time,jayjan, and thanks for the info. on the fast-track security.If things there are not too hectic, I think we'll take our chance in the ordinary queue;as for speedy boarding,judging from the fares still showing for our flights they don't appear to be very busy at all,so we'll go along with the masses. - That's enough for the first three bottles of Monte saved. :glynis :D (All this assuming that the airport is actually open,of course- they're still talking about a strike there !! )Don't know whether or not you've noticed, but Easy have released 2008 fares to Faro whilst you were away;strange thing is that September fares seem generally to be dearer than August's :? :? -If they've done that just to **** me off, then it's worked !!!! :evil: :lol:
i use them every time, can't fault them, prices, service,best cup of tea, etc please note on every flight they only allow 30 places for speedy boarding etc so early bird and all that :lol:
Just don't go over your weight allowance, charged us 12 quid for being 2 kilos over at Luton last month!
Welcome back jayjan glad you had a good holiday and that easyjet worked well for you.

Easy don't seem to have released there summer timetable from the London airports for next year yet. :cry:

Although I inadvertantly booked a holiday to Turkey next summer as I was seduced by a cheap deal, I keep trying to work out how I can sneak in a week to the Algarve somewhere along the line and cheap flights would certainly help convince my other half.

Doe :D
Welcome back Jayjan glad to hear you had a great time and that the weather was nice for you.

I too have looked at Easyjets prices for next year and they do seem dearer than normal.
I've just checked Easy's prices from Liverpool and Newcastle to Faro for August :shock: and I can't beleive how expensive they are.

I though they might give me a feel for what the London ones will cost when they are released. If they are similar prices to those I've just seen that's my extra holiday out of the window. :(
Sagres, yes we have looked at easyjet prices for summer and they seem a bit OTT, waiting to see if Jet2 are any cheaper when they release theirs. Regarding the strike at Liverpool, when we arrived in the baggage hall we were the only flight in and it must have taken 40 minutes for the first baggage to come through, very slow, I thought to myself I bet the baggage handlers are laughing at all us people stood there wondering, puffing and panting when we would see a suitcase, maybe they have already started a go slow thing. Thanks everyone for the welcome back. Cheers Jayjan
Sorry with the late welcome, Jayjan, but glad to hear you had a great time.
Pat
:glynis
Hi Pat, thanks, we had a brill time, but am afraid to tell you the supplies of Monte Velho are at an all time low :) :wink: after my visit, just hope they replenish the stocks before you arrive. Cheers jayjan
Never mind about Pat - I'm there next !!!! :lol:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Sagres gave us a tip about Reguenos........say no more.......... :rofl
Who needs the Monte....... :lol:
Takes a lot to beat us Scots!!!!!! :rofl :rofl
Pat
Takes a lot to beat us Scots!!!!!!

..... I think eleven Italians might manage it this afternoon ( - although I hope I'm wrong !! :) )
Don't think so........got my Portuguese pals shouting for us too........only took the promise of a few tintos or canecas (especially WHEN we win) and they will gladly support us!!! :rofl
Has anyone else noticed a marked increase in the cost of accommodation for next year ? Just in case we decide to return to Lagos next year ( which, in all honesty is unlikely in view of the excessive development taking place ), I priced the same hotel that we used this year,with the same agency for exactly the same dates and was presented with a 30+% increase over what I paid last year. :shock: I'm aware that the € is stronger against the £ than it was last year, but not by 30% !!!!
We intend to make a final decision as to whether or not to go back to Lagos when we're out there in December;if the decision (as I think it may well be ) is 'no', we will then have the problem of where to holiday in the future;favourites at the moment are a) further west on the Algarve - Salema, Aljezur possibly,b) Menorca, which we both enjoyed before we fell in love with Lagos, or c) Fuerteventura,our favourite out of the Canaries.
Another possibility is the Azores, to where our Portuguese friends from Lagos are returning - only problem there is that they'll insist on us staying with them on a non-paying basis and will be genuinely hurt if we either made our own arrangements for accommodation or dared to try to pay them.
We are still clutching at straws and hoping that the Lagos Camara comes to its senses and stops the development now, but it doesn't look hopeful. :cry:
don't know about the algarve [haven't been to Portugal for a few years] However i have been looking at Greece and other destinations, my appraise is that with the mergers in the TO industry competition has been drastically reduced and prices [both diy and package] are up to 30% dearer than the same holidays this year

wiz
I can see your reasoning,Brian, but the hotel in question on the Algarve is a privately owned concern which is not affiliated to any tour operator.Prices took a minor hike last year when they signed an agreement with a British agency for online promotion ( no surprise there -good old rip-off G.B. strikes again!! ), but I can find no logical reason for this year's huge leap. :hmmm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.