Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi folks im home...thanks to admin/mods for the cover

brian
Welcome Back Wizard. Hope you had a great holiday. :D

Been quite on here without Sagres. Pat and yourself.
Sagres I see your back

...... not yet,Glynis - still in Lagos, but there are three free computers in the hotel.Two days left and the weather has been brilliant with clear blue skies and sunshine.
Wow excellent Sagres - fffffreezing here.
Wet 'n very windy here in Albufeira! I froze to death in UK over the weekend.
Still VERY windy and has been for the whole night. Some serious waves to be seen from my window. The worst of the rain seems to be further west but we have just had a hefty shower in Albufeira. At least it is warm rain!

Some people chose the right week to be here obviously!
Hope the sun comes back out for you soon Cubsur :D
merry christmas everone :P just had an e mail from Easyjet they have given me a free!!!
upgrade on my march and august flights next year to "Speedy Boarding Plus" from "speedy boarding. Apparantly this means we can go straight to a dedicated check in desk specially provided for the priviledged 30 people eligable for this, rather than joining the normal check in queue :smokin will keep you posted how this works out(not bad for 2.50 each glad i decidedto select speedy boarding when i booked early)
The worst of the rain seems to be further west

...... :yikes too right it was !!! Saw possibly the most severe lightning I've ever witnessed at 7:00 a.m. as we were leaving Lagos and all the streets were awash.Things gradually improved as we drove east on the A22 and, by the time we reached the airport, everywhere was dry.For once, we appear to have timed our trip perfectly - six days of sunshine, three or four hours of cloud and just climbing into the taxi to start our trip home when the weather turned pear-shaped. :D
Apparantly this means we can go straight to a dedicated check in desk

.... yes, I noticed a 'speedy boarding' dedicated check-in desk at Faro yesterday - in fact we were called to it as we were in the adjacent queue and there were no speedy boarders on our flight (which was less than a quarter full), so why they opened a 'speedy boarding' desk in the first place puzzles me as they must have known from their passenger manifest that no-one had paid for speedy boarding.On a busy flight, however, I think it would be a Godsend, but wonder whether Easyjet will persevere with it should it not be fully patronised and prove cost-effective.Hope it remains for long enough for you to test drive it,nosivad - let us know how it works out. :)
Welcome Back Sagres. :D Hope you had a good holiday, sounds like you had the best of the weather. So will you be returning to Lagos in the future or is the jury still out on this? What news of the building works?

Doe
Thanks doe.
We were really lucky and had better weather than we could have dreamed of.We met lots of friends again,both ex-pat and Portuguese, and will probably go back - not neccessarily next Summer, but we'll almost certainly return before too long.
Welcome back Mr & Mrs Sagres, Glad you enjoyed your holiday with wonderful weather, now back to reality in the UK . frost frost and more frost. Makes you glad to be back home :lol: . Have a wonderful christmas & New year. Cheers Jayjan
Thanks jayjan and a very merry Christmas to you and yours and everyone else on the Portugal chat thread.
By the way,jayjan, the queues for security at L'pool were awful - just under an hour between joining the queue and actually being scanned. :shock:
  • Edited by Sagres 2007-12-27 16:22:14
Hi Sagres, glad to see you have not totally given up on Lagos :love what was it like in December?
this is the only month we have not been to Algarve.We loved Lagos in February this is the month when all the carnivals take place, particularly good one in Lagos but the best is Loulle much more like the ones in Brazil with semi naked dancers :hyper but Mrs Nosivad said I couldn't get too excited :yikes Feliz Natal e um feliz Ano Novo.
Lagos is great in December;the Christmas lights are beautiful and the Camara really make an effort.There is a life-size crib scene in the Praça de Gil Eanes this year and even the small side streets are decorated; many of the lights are different from last December.The boat owners at the Marina also make an effort with Christmas lights in their boats' rigging.Beleive it or not, even one of the cranes on a building site was decorated ( probably to stop that old sod from North Wales moaning about them :rofl )
I went there this time with the intention of saying my goodbyes to Lagos, but, after 20 years, I'm afraid the place is in my blood and, as the Terminator said : I'll be back. :lol: Feliz Natal a você, tambem. :D
Jolly glad you wont be giving up on the place Sagres. Even with the building programme there are many worse places. Come to think of it I've been to a few of them. :rofl
Was reading about the 'fun' you had checking in at the airport on the way out. :roll:
Comes to something when you have to spend longer at the airport checking in and going through, than you do on the plane. :wink:
Happy Christmas
Hi Everyone, We're back too from Tenerife. We had a couple of days with stormy weather but lovely sunshine the rest of the time.
Glad to hear that you will be going back to Lagos, Sagres, just couldn't imagine how you would manage the withdrawal symptoms :rofl if you didn't return......as you say, It's in your blood......can't imagine us not returning to Cabanas (even with all the building).
Home now for Christmas and New Year, then off to Thailand for 6 weeks to see our son!!!
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and didn't indulge too much on the tinto...... :rofl
Pat
:glynis
Hiya, Pat, and welcome back !!
Were you out there for Christmas,or were you home but in no fit state to focus on your keyboard ? :rofl
I found a wonderful new full-bodied tinto whilst we were in Lagos this time - it was so good that we had a second bottle whilst we were talking to the chef after our meal;I distinctly recall saying to Mrs. S that I'd have to write down the name for Pat 42 and I asked for one of the restaurant's cards to write on.Reading your post above,I remembered the wine and have just been delving in my flight bag for the card; it reads 'Pat 42- wine - bl**dy lovely'.... and nothing else !!! :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.