Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I live just outside Albufeira. Yesterday I went to Almancil and the skies were grey and horrible all day with a few spots of rain in the afternoon. Today (Monday) once again it is overcast, no sign of the sun and some pretty heavy clouds out there on the horizon seawards.

I have just seen some friends off back to England and they were pleased to be in the warm here, even though it wasn't wonderful.

And I still have a sore throat!
Ready,and off for 7 days, sat here on pewter with glass of wine, case packed.bed early, alarm clock set, & then waiting for taxi to pick me up at 04.15 to Manchester airport for 06.30 flight. Hubby picking me up at Faro.The weather on Algarve. looks quite mixed sun ,rain, cloud but carnt be any worse than the UK,packed a few woolly jumpers for nightime, my case looks over full but gladly not overweight. See you all when i get back. Cheers Jayjan :fly :sun2 :glynis
Have a good one,jayjan - you may be lucky as it's been a nice day there today (and they've got the earth tremor out of the way before you get there !) :D
Thanks Sagres :thanks , OMG what earth tremor hope its not near my house, will look at seismology on meteo later. Shall be shaking anyway with the Monte Velho so what the hell :glynis. :cheers Jayjan
There was a 4.7 just SW of Cap St. Vincent, either yesterday or the day before;enough to make houses shake apparently.Make sure you keep a tight hold on the Monte ( and hold a bucket underneath, just in case !!) :rofl
have a great time, Jayjan.
Tinto not the same in Thailand.......missing it already!!!
Tremors, tremors!!!!!!......surely that is just the tinto kicking in...... :rofl
Pat
hi sagres, my next door neighbours are going to port de mos,lagos in mid feb; i don't know this , do you know where and how far from centre of town and is it hilly.staying at magnolia mar beach club ?
any info wouldbe appreciated, as i know you are the font of all knowledge on Lagos. :wave:
Hi nosivad.
The Magnolia Mar is about two miles out of Lagos town;the only hill worth talking about is the one where the Avenida climbs up past the Bombeiros (fire station).Porto da Mos has been undergoing a fair bit of development recently, as the webcam view from the Vivenda Romantica will testify -see the 'LOOK BEFORE YOU BOOK' sticky.
The tourist train is unlikely to be running in February, so, if they're not hiring a car, your neighbours will probably have to use taxis as the walk back is not really something to tackle after a night on the town;I'd have thought that €5 would be about the going rate to the Magnolia Mar.Hope this helps.
thanks sagres,since my note i have seen some adverse reports for this accom, :duh can you recommend something near centre and not too hilly.i will get them to change their choice to something more suitable. :tup
The Aqualuz has been refurbished and is,I believe, very nice,but you still have the problem of the Bombeiros hill.If they're looking to exclude hills altogether then the Tivoli ( with the exception of the sloping driveway), or the Albergaria Marina Rio would fit the bill, 'tho they'll both be a fair bit dearer than the Magnolia Mar, I should think.Having said that, we got a cracking deal at the Tivoli just before Christmas;do you know their exact dates?If so,I'll check the same source for you.
hi again sagres,i knew you would'nt let me down :D
the tivoli seems to be the one :tup the dates are from tuesday 26thfeb to tuesday 11th march 14 nights. i must owe you several vinhos by now :rofl
nosivad,
I've sent you a private message-hope it's some help.Let me know if your neighbours get fixed up or not.
Hi Sagres, i would like to reply via a pm to you, but i do not know how to do this (senile dementure and all that) can you advise ?
Just click on the 'p.m.' button at the bottom of my post;this will open a new page with my details already entered.Put your message (polite, if possible,please !) in the box and press 'send'.
Thankyou,God !!..at last, someone who knows less about 'pooters than me !! :rofl
Word of advice re pming Sagres from this forum - the last post he wrote will appear in the text box - just delete it if it isn't relevant. Or, if you've received his pm to you just click the reply button, on the bottom right, underneath his message. :tup
just delete it if it isn't relevant
....... Cheek, Glynis !! :haha
Thankyou,God !!..at last, someone who knows less about 'pooters than me !!
:haha :zip
I can't remember where I read this but there were queries about the Bar o Frutas (opposite Payne's Bar) sometime back.

Sad to report that it is closed for good and has changed into a 'household services agency'!
.... it's always sad when a bar closes. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.